49 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
ARR you bringing an ARR team to Fumbbl Cup?!
Of CoARRse, representing, fARRonting, and winning!
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
ARR... Em... No! I've got something else
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Rookie gobs!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Fumbbl Cup? What's that? I should probably go eat some pie then enter rookie gobs...
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

ArrestedDevelopment

Post 16 Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRads!

Welcome to this, the eighteenth (!) season of ARR. 17 seasons of utter madness, general sighs at drawing dorfs/chorfs and fervent belief that the box is bettARR with moARR races in it already behind us and many more to look forwARRd to! Smile

Let's take a little look around ARR battlefield! VARRy eARRly days here 15 days into the new season, but we've got some completed sprints already and some front runners in the big race!

The ARR Sprint
2 completed Sprints So fARR, as said, and one of them shouldn't be any surprise to anyone who's been in the box of late... Azyx has been activating those High Elves like a fanatic! Vapourlecompot ARR our cARRent leaders in the ARR sprint with 43pts (9/0/7).

Second place is anothARR prolific activatARR, MattDakka's Red Bats biting at the heels of the high elvses, in the second completed sprint, sitting on 39pts (7/2/7).

Given the way those two have been playing those two teams though, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them ends up sprinting twice this month Wink WondARR if the second 16 will be bettARR!

ThARRd place so far is our defending champs! Timetis' Rain Wild. Pelfing it up as usual in the box, I hear this is a lessARR spotted variant of the hockey masked mens - thARR is 12 of them and ... NO JOURNEY ELVES?!! World's gone mad. Yet to finish their sprint, and sitting on 32pts (7/1/2)... Watch this space!

Stunty Sprint
Top placed stunty sprint so fARR is the defending stunty sprint champs... Dirold's I Gigietti once again showing the way forwARRds and beating not only 2180tv DORFS but also filthy stinking, 2280TV NURGZ. Top stuff from the gob front runners!

The fling race is quite tight with nobody having really stARRted propARRly, but Steakhachez's Pique-nique Sanglant shows early promise (as all flings do...) with 8pts (1/1/2).

Brogre race... is quite quiet. But Sableheart's Stonehorn Butchers lead the way on 8pts (0/2/4) and it would be amiss not to mention that in the past week the box saw the appearance of a true monster... Smallman's ogrific (b) reappeared to face off vs our main sprint leader! The 2880k TV (with an mng) monsters were seduced by a chef though and it seems their coach's experience with low rerolls can't negate 7+ bonehead rolls a turn...

Majors Updates
It's nuffling FUMBBL CUP time. Get yARR prep games in, destroy your teams, hopes and dreams... and then repARResent ARR with rookie goblins! Very Happy

In all seriousness, we salute evARRyone taking an ARR team into FC for both their bravARRy, and pride in theiARR mens Smile Best of lucks!

(although seriously, no team? EntARR rookie gobs! Do it!)

RemembARR, if thARR is anything you want added to ARR world or wish to see ARR stand up fARR (or if you just want to be more involved), all you have to do is speak up!

OvARR and Out!

-------

(Link to last seasons standings & thread is here for anyone that missed it)

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I've not put any info about bleedARRs/KillARRs in because although Koadah has said this should be getting tracked again now (but might be a bit buggy), I've yet to see anything updated on the standings. It may happen later, but let's not count chickens Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yARR!! Good stuff, AD! Very Happy

One comment/request though - can we have moARR links to the ARR/Sprint scoring pages (here and on the group page)? I can never find the link to it when I need it ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It's on the group page! Click the leadARRs button!

also click here

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ok, thanks! Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I love that rookie gobs is a voting option. That's what I call a good poll. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be reprARRsenting in the Fumbbl Cup. The Sabre Mountain Shakers my beasty box ogres, fresh from a surprisingly good run in the Black Cup, will be descending the mountain to raise some hell. And that's the bottom line.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2016 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

In the spirit of keeping everyone awARRe of big events in the box, and with the sort of audience you sometimes see in the eARRly rounds of a major...

Our sprint leaders faced off against the almighty Death Guard Legion in the box earlier... and well... VictARRy on BOTH SCOREBOARDS as the high elves bash the absolute pus out of the Nurgles and take the game too.

Woo!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2016 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Great update AD.

Hopefully I will have a bit more time this week to update the group page Smile

See you all in the box.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2016 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

REPRESENT!

No idea how I managed to build that in the Box, well I built it mostly in tourney really. But check out the treasury! Well let's see what's left after the Cup. Wink
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2016 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
REPRESENT!

No idea how I managed to build that in the Box, well I built it mostly in tourney really. But check out the treasury! Well let's see what's left after the Cup. Wink

DUDE, that link clearly needs a nsfw tag Razz

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2016 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

One vote for rookie gobs, check.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
One vote for rookie gobs, check.

Mega inducements check.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am gonna have a go at an HE sprint.

I will...

Honest... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And on that note... Let's take a look at ARR representatives in Fumbbl Cup!

FARRst on the list (purely because i'm running down the draw, don't think there's some coach-ranking system here mrt1212! Wink ), is the mighty whale elves of Coca Loca BBL. AppARRently they've won a few brawls or something in the past, and are well known to most box coaches for having 3+ (5 at present) ag5 players. A thing that has been described as "more broken than cpomb". And they'll need all that, because they're giving up a wiz to skaven with a one turner...

The Second team the list isssss Only By Moonlight. The Vampires waking from a long slumber in ARRder to participate! And they get to face off against fellow undeadites. Hopefully they ARR not rusty!

The next illustrious team on ARR countdown is Kaboom is our way of life! Okostomi brings his goblins out of hibernation for the Fumbbl cup! I was expecting possibly high elves, but we ARR always delighted to see the green mens in action! A tough draw here though, as they've snARRed Norse...

The next team don't need no introduction, and also didn't want a match preview since they've already rolled evARRy 2+ and taken into the next round... it's the New Vamps on the Blood. And btw, for those of you out there who were breathing a sigh of relief at the loss of an st5... There's bad news Very Happy

MoARR vamps... our next team are Blood Dolls Society. A vARRy young team, with some real promising playARRs coming through, this tournament might just be a bit too much too soon fARR them, given the strength of opposition they have drawn... but, with 2 agi5 vamps you nevARR know!

And the pointy teeth theme continues with ARR next representatives! Pro Vamps. AnothARR team that ARR no strangARRs to appeARRances in majARRs! And neither is their coach! An interesting contest heARR vs an undead team that packs a punch!

Guess what folks... MORE VAMPS! Yep, and this clash is an absolute stormer, with two top coaches and two strong teams. Bancobat's Guinguetus Narvalis face off against none other than the Nandorins. A real shame one of these teams will have to go home. Personally I hope it's the ranked high elves Wink

Next on the list is an ARR vs HPL contest! The Skywing Dragons take on the legendary Sons of Boot Us. I mean er, Sons of Brutus. The Dragons will need to make use of inducements wisely to level the field heARR.

Next up is anothARR of our tourney HE big guns! Rise Like a Phoenix II will be looking to start off what looks like it could be a vARRy tricky route to get anywhARR in this tournament, with their fARRst match against Tmoila's DE... A real racial grude match heARR!

AnothARR ARR vs HPL clash is up next! Too Soon Suicide Squad vs the Cathay Cobras. A titanic struggle this one promises to be, UndARRworld vs the world for FRSHM, and as usual the fat Cobras limp into town offering up some inducements. Another one to watch!

Next representative is playing their FC games almost as fast as they were sprinting! Vapourlecomplot are heARR and will probably be giving up inducements to absolutely evARRyone! Although some might ARRgue even inducements ARRen't going to do much against 2590k TV High Elves!

Green Losers prepped for FC by playing DE in the box... and now have ranked DE for their fARRst game! Let's hope it goes better for coach Arale than the last outing did. Watch out for one of the better fanatics in the box in this one!

And the next team and their coach needs no introduction! FeARR the BombardiARR!. CentARRians of the box and coached by none other than the breakARR of fumbbl himself, imperatARR Cdassak! Another tough matchup racially with Dark elves for these goblins, but if anyone can do it, it's the master himself!

An ALL-ARR clash is next on the horizon! The little gentlemen of the Florescent Jumpsuits vs the mighty remnants of the ogARR Empire, the fearsome Sabre Mountain Shakers. Both teams come into this one at very close TVs so barring the splashing of petty cash there will be no inducements... although I have heard rumARRs of an agreement about who's allowed to block who... more of that will surely be revealed in the match!

Washington Weagles already stepped up to the plate and repARResented, but sadly were unable to do much else than find snakes in the grass vs skaven... which nevARR ends well. We wish them well and thank them for bolstering the ranks!

Ranaldinho's Superstar Team will stretch theiARR (very) long legs in the cup, and have drawn themselves some tough opposition in ranked wood elves with a bashy wardancer... Let's hope the frogs can show that 10 leapARRs are bettARR than two.

Coach Jeffro'sSkyMall Ballers were quick off the mARRk as well, and managed to survive both gandalf and a saw to navigate their way past some sandy fARRst round opposition. They'll be waiting to see who they draw next, but quietly confident, having still (somehow) a lineup of 11+ (!)

They might be Goblins (or just very small?) ARR our next representatives and get an INDUCEMENT BONANZA vs some fat DE. This looks like a fun one for all to spec and is a possibility for one or both of Morg and/or RippARR to appear this round! Best of luck to coach HappyGrue!

SnackWagon II find themselves in a quite problematic position after one game... or a great one! It just depends on your point of view. At 960tv and 11 men going up against 1440k TV Orcs is probably not anyone's idea of a good time, but with some careful inducements and some luck, anything is possible.

And that is ARR round-up and preview!

If I've missed anyone that wants to be included, feel free to pester me via pm Smile