36 coaches online • Server time: 12:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LeBlanc

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a problem with the scoring in a tournament. we want a bonuspoint for that team, who inflicted more cas. but somehow every team who gets a cas gets the point... is that a buck or have we done something wrong?

set it like this: minimum 0 / for cas 1 / against cas 1 / maximum 1
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess (I've never actually tried to set this sort of thing up) is that:
Minimum: both teams get this number of points, even if they do no cas
For: this is the number of points for each cas inflicted by the team
Against: this is the number of points for each cas inflicted on the team
Maximum: No team ever gets mor than this number of points, no matter how many cas they do.

I'd try using:
Min = 0
For = 1
Against = -1
Max = 1

and see how that goes.
LeBlanc

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

First i thought that way too, but than i saw this:
Cas/Agst: points subtracted for each each suffered casualty recorded in the match report (NB: this value is automatically calculated as a negative... DO NOT put a negative number here)

So a -1 would count as a +1... or?
And to make it totally confusing... if only one or none inflicted a cas, it seems to work... Question
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Something worth pointing out is that the point system goes totally bonkers when you change things mid-tournament so if you want to do that you can just forget it..

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

well, it looks right to me ... so i don't think i'm going to be of much help Sad
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

no you can change the whole thing during the season but it does not correct nor recalculate the precedent turns.

So you have to take away the maximum to be able to get over 1 point.

But whatever some injurys are not counted like secret weapons if I'm right and crowd push. Fouls are. I m not sure at 100% of what is counted or not. I wonder if it's not only the cas you inflict. (GFI death wouldn't give points to opponenent).
Schlunz

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2005 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is only the CAS you inflict. We dont have secret weapons in our league. And it says that all CAS are counted, which appear in the game results.
So to make it clear here are some examples:
We configured the tourney like this:
Win 10, tie 7, loss 5
TD min -2, TD for 1, TD agst 1, TD max 2
CAS min 0, CAS for 1, CAS agst 1, CAS max 1

Game 1: TD 3-0, CAS 0-0, player one got 12 pts, player 2 got 3 pts. Right.
Game 2: TD 2-3, CAS 3-2, player one got 5 pts, player 2 got 12 pts. So player one right pts. Player 2 one pt too much.
Game 3: TD 4-1, CAS 3-3, player one got 13 pts, player 2 got 4 pts. Both players one point too much.

So it seems that fumbbl counts the CAS wrong and gives every player 1 point if inflicted at least one CAS. But it should be only one point for the team who inflicted more CAS. But with our config it should work,no? You should get 1 point for every Cas inflicted and -1 point for receiving a CAS. With a max of one and a minimum of 0. But it doesnt work.
Would be very nice if someone could help us out here.....
captainT

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Try it with

CAS min - 100, CAS for 1, CAS agst 1, CAS max 100 (100 must be enough, haven't seen a game with a CAS diff from 101-0 Mr. Green )
I am not sure but I think this has worked in one of my leagues

if you have CAS min 0 it does not count the receiving CAS
and with CAS max 1 it counts +1 at maximum even if your team has a cas diff from 10-0 or in your example it counts 1 point for every team even if the CAS is 3-3
 Jump to: