25 coaches online • Server time: 08:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkdiamante

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I've been a member of the site for a bit. Some crazy forum action that's kind of exciting and kind of crazy.....

However the gaming scene I'm not getting. I watched a couple and then tried to get a ranked game. But there isn't anybody.

So I tried to get a box game, which was a bit weird and I wasn't sure what was going on but I got a game! It's a really nice thing, but a bit small and easy to make mistakes because of the size.

However did I play a bot? It/he/she didn't talk and seemed a bit robotic. No real talking and comradre Are there bots here? Then at the end he/it/she said they would brb.......but there was only 1 turn left and the game was over. I don't understand that, it would only take a minute to finish....I had won and wanted the win but......

Hmmmmm I don't really want to go through games and not finish them....can I get it cancelled and find real games? I'm kind of disappointed. Sad
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For your problem with your game not being finished: Have you had a look here and followed the procedure given there?

I have never heard of bots playing here on fumbbl and I am pretty sure they would be awful opponents. However, there might be some players being a bit silent during their games. Although that is always a bit disappointing it is nothing one can't cope with.

My experience with games either in ranked, box, or league are very good (with the odd exception of playing a complete arsehole - which you can't prevent given the large number of coaches around.)

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Darkdiamante

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So the match can't just end...Sad I just want to have fun, I don't want to get involved in the politics or players that cut games with 1 turn to go to get out of losing. That's a big shame.....it's such a nice game, especially for a free game.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

All your opponents are real people. Making an AI capable of playing Blood Bowl to a degree above 'really bad playing' is difficult and has not been done.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkdiamante wrote:
So the match can't just end...Sad I just want to have fun, I don't want to get involved in the politics or players that cut games with 1 turn to go to get out of losing. That's a big shame.....it's such a nice game, especially for a free game.

Your opponent seems to be online. Just get in touch with him and finish the game.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
All your opponents are real people. Making an AI capable of playing Blood Bowl to a degree above 'really bad playing' is difficult and has not been done.

Or you just don't know it!

I mean I have seen people lose to the Cyanide BB(2) AI so...
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ug. Your first opponent does not appear to be the friendliest coach on FUMBBL. You got unlucky. Sorry.

Learn how to use the chat feature in the help section to get to #fumbbladmin to ask for help, or file a 'support ticket' to get FUMBBL admin to look at the match and make a decision. I suspect you will be given the win, IF you have taken a screenshot of your 'almost victory.' Upload a .jpeg of the game to your picture gallery to let admin know what has happened.

This might take time, and you might want to make another team to practicce in the meantime. Try again while you wait. Most games are very good.

Welcome to FUMBBL!

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you wait for them to be back? Brb implies they're coming back.
Darkdiamante

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly....I just like playing games. I don't want to get involved with the politics. I feel I won the game and now that's gone. Just....delete the game and I'll do something else instead. It's no problem....all the best everybody
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Darkdiamante - I am a Security Officer on Fumbbl. If you sent a PM to your opponent to try to finish the game, invite me to that PM and I will assist.

The normal process to find Admin assistance is to open a ticket: https://fumbbl.com/p/support

Regards,

Kryten
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Your opponent seems to be playing another Box game at the moment. I don't know whether he was playing 2 at the same time(not allowed) but maybe just message him and try to finish your game when he has finished that other game. I know that means waiting a little, which is annoying, but hopefully you can finish it then. Either PM him, or log into the game he is playing at the moment and chat to him there.

Good Luck
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Demon wrote:
[...] or log into the game he is playing at the moment and chat to him there.

How can you do that? Shocked

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

b4nshee wrote:
The_Demon wrote:
[...] or log into the game he is playing at the moment and chat to him there.

How can you do that? Shocked

You cannot. Spectators can only chat to other spectators, not to the coaches playing.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've already told your opponent to finish the game.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

This happened to me a few times. Please pardon the odd jerk, the community as a whole is great. Now that the admins know about the game, it'll probably either happen or get resolved in your favor, and soon.