56 coaches online • Server time: 22:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have to admit that I'm a little bored right now, so here's an idea for a fun modification to Sure Hands:

Can only be used to prevent the use of Strip Ball once per turn. Surprised

Could be an interesting way to make cage stalling a bit less reliable for bashers. Also might boost the usefulness of Fend/Sidestep on a ballcarrier (Fend to counter Leap/Frenzy/Strip, which would probably become the new elven cage-break combo. Actually, Stand Firm would work against it too).

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not mind if Sure Hands would not protect against Strip Ball. That would help elf and even hybrid races to win more against heavy attrition teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I would not mind if Sure Hands would not protect against Strip Ball. That would help elf and even hybrid races to win more against heavy attrition teams.

agreed. its good enough as a pickup rr.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

There must be a skill to prevent strip ball tho, otherwise how are you gonna have a chance vss elves?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
There must be a skill to prevent strip ball tho, otherwise how are you gonna have a chance vss elves?

Protection is needed in the form of positioning. No need for skill protection.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:

I tend to agree with you, Uedder. I think Strip Ball would be too powerful if there was no counter to it.

What about this though?:

Modification of Pro:

Once per turn, if the player rolls a 4+, they can reroll any single dice roll, or they can use this skill to prevent one of their other skills being countered by an opposing player's skill (unless the opposing player also has Pro).

DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah. Pro sucks. Don't give someone yet another lame excuse to use it. Kill it with fire.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Why all the hate against Pro, DarthPhysicist? Maybe we can make it suck a bit less? Smile

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think strip ball would be too powerful that way. It would be powerful tho.

But I think Sure Hands wouldn't be good enough anymore to justify taking it in many cases.

Power wise I don't feel like either of those skills need an adjustment. Strip Ball is still effective against teams that have players with Sure Hands.
Just not against every single player.

I agree that bash oriented teams have too much of an edge. That there is a need to handle agility teams is about as plausible to me as supporting Trump.

...How about this, ok sorry perhaps kinda out there... probably not any better but here goes:

When a player with Sure Hands would lose the ball because of the Strip Ball effect, he may throw a quick pass instead before the push is executed. (In difference to quick snap triggers only after the dice result has been chosen.)
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always Sneaky Git.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Uedder wrote:

Protection is needed in the form of positioning. No need for skill protection.

And from this day forth bghandras never took block again, his players need no skills to protect them. Twisted Evil

DLE College 7s
fidius

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2016 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea would be reasonable but for the existence of Wardancers.

How about: if the blocker has SB and the BC has Sure Hands, BC uses Throw In template (d3) to scatter rather than d8.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands could negate Strip Ball on an agility check (probably +1), like Safe Throw negates intercepts, so it's not a perfect counter but usually works.

Strip is a bit under-powered when almost every team can run a Sure Hands baller as is.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Why all the hate against Pro, DarthPhysicist? Maybe we can make it suck a bit less? Smile

I like it to suck the way it does because people take it THINKING it will help, and all it does is bloat their team. I want my opponent's players to be spammed with pro!

I despise pro for a couple reasons. First, it makes people do things they shouldn't, thinking that a 50/50 reroll is there to make up for it. Second, it makes it take longer to get a skill that will actually make the player better. Most instances of pro use on normal players would be better served by another skill (sure hands, pass, catch) and then there are team rerolls for the instances where a reroll skill doesn't apply.

In the general sense, if a player is needing more than 2-3 rerolls in a half, they are not managing their risk well. I get the argument for pro on big guys and vamps; but a big guy would also be better served being a blodger anyway.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2016 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is a good late skill for a TPOMBer. Especially with Jump Up.