57 coaches online • Server time: 23:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
rumbowl

Post 21 Posted: Nov 12, 2016 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I've looked around for rules for a wizard team but couldn't find any so thought I would write some, what do people think?

cost ma st ag av normal double
0-16 Familiars 50,000 5 1 4 6 Dodge, Leap, Stunty AM GSP
0-4 Grey Illusionists 80,000 7 2 3 7 Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence G ASP
0-4 Amber Beast Mages 90,000 7 2 3 7 Dauntless, Claws, Multiple Block, Thick Skull GS AP
0-4 Bright Pyromancers 100,000 7 2 3 7 Bombardier GP AS
rerolls: 60,000
star players as humans

Any thoughts on the strength or variety of teams this could lead to?
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2016 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this as a very interesting idea, maybe something for secret league?
Im not an expert on warhammer fantasy though, the world blood bowl draws from, I know bloodbowl well enough..

Collage of wizards is mentioned in the blood bowl books previously, actually I think a team of wizards also is mentioned, but I don't know where or when. I don't have the books available, but I remember them.

As for your roster I think its very weak. I think they should be weak, but I think their weakness shows in their low armor instead, so I have an alternative roster.

I really liked your idea of hypno gaze and bombardier without secret weapon, thats right! wizards do magic spells, so bombardier is a natural pyromancer, so when the ref is looking for his weapon he has none, because its all magic!
I pondered a little about this, and thought, hey, why not take this further and add those more "restricted" skills on wizards. So I made up the white wizards, witch is mentioned in warhammer fantasy (I thought the only ones who would suit the "stakes" skill)
So I said I made a new roster, and bumped up a few stats on them, and a little armor on the beast mage. I think they now have a better chance of survival.

0-16 familiars 30000 5 1 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, Tichy, Leap AM GSP
0-2 Illusionists 80000 7 3 3 7 Fend, Two heads AM GSP
0-2 Beast Mages 90000 7 4 3 9 Stab,Wild animal, Frenzy,Thick skull MS APG
0-2 Pyromancers 80000 7 3 3 7 Bombarider SP AGM
0-2 Sorcerors 80000 7 3 3 7 Hypnotic gaze, Disurbing precence GM ASP
0-2 White wizards 100000 7 3 3 8 Block,Stakes GA SMP

Star players: AS humans, Rerolls: 60k

familiars: I added Tichy, since they should have that one, maybe they should have str 2, but im not sure of the correct balance on this roster.

Illusionists: I added fend and two heads, I see them as "illusion tricks" now you
see me! now you dont! and moved hypno gaze on another type of wizards instead.

Also notice on wizards skill gains, several of them will have, due to magic, access to mutation skills (witch is magic spells to them)

Beast mage: instead of claws I took stab on them, they can choose mutations though if they want to skillup with claws. Also the only wizard with ST 4 due to their tranformation magic (?).Also more AV on them, also I added wild animal and frenzy instead of dauntless.

pyromancer: changed a little on skill access, mutation on double, and strength/passing on normal, this is also to diverse the different wizards more.

sorceror: this one is like your illusionist 0-4 ,instead I made them 0-2.
and kept your hypno gaze and disturbing precence

White wizard: kind of the blizer type in this roster, gave them stakes and block and AV 8.

if some others like it enough to comment, its great, but I know that most often ideas like this are more likely forgotten.. still doesn't hurt to try I guess.
rumbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi NextFlux, glad you like the idea Smile a list of the empire wizard colours is here, including all of them would be too big a list though. I should probably also say something about why I chose the players I did.

The familiars are a mix between halflings and the frogs from the old zap spell (now a random event in LRB 6). Titchy was removed as they would never fail a dodge roll which is too good when they have hands, mutation access was also added as there could be all sorts of familiars.

The wizards I wanted to all be physically weak with the better ones having either lots of skills or extraordinary abilities to represent better spells. I also wanted them to be expensive though so a starting team with just wizards is possible but shouldn't get any re-rolls (hence the total of 12 wizard player slots), just as a fluff thing of wizards being bad at bloodbowl.

Regarding the specific wizards, the bright & grey wizards pretty much wrote themselves (although I'm not sure about their costs, to me removing secret weapon from bombardier should triple the price at least). The beast mage was more tricky, I went with picking skills suitable for a big guy but adding dauntless and keeping str 2 to show he is still a squishy wizard. Wizards shouldn't be too good at face punching.

I like the idea of your white wizard, could easily be a light wizard. Another more bashy option could be a gold alchemist with AV10 although a metal wizard could be un-intuitive to people not familiar with warhammer.
rumbowl

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've tested this team out a bit and have made a few changes. Largest change is adding mutations on doubles for the wizards to represent new spells or 'accidents' in the lab and to justify their cost a bit more. I also swapped Multiple Block for Block on the Beast Mages and added Fend to the Illusionists to make them a bit more effective.

Also added are the celestial seers, they are meant to fill the role of a thrower or catcher. Their skill access show them being skilled at predicting opponents actions or seeing things far away.

cost ma st ag av normal double
0-16 Familiars 50,000 5 1 4 6 Dodge, Leap, Stunty AM GSP
0-4 Grey Illusionists 80,000 7 2 3 7 Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence, Fend G ASPM
0-4 Celestial Seers 80,000 7 2 3 7 Hail Mary Pass, Pass Block, Nerves of Steel GAP SM
0-4 Amber Beast Mages 90,000 7 2 3 7 Dauntless, Claws, Block, Thick Skull GS APM
0-4 Bright Pyromancers 100,000 7 2 3 7 Bombardier GP ASM
rerolls: 60,000
star players as humans
 Jump to: