73 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Yeah??
Awww Right! I'd play this team!
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
I'd play it if you fixed a few things...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
My opinion is useful!
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Give up this pipe dream and rename a team or something admin-y.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Eat Delicious Pie
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2016 - 21:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So I had an awful lot of coffee and was reading a new "New roster" team (at work) and I figured 'Sure, why not'

So for a hopeful entrant to the SL (Secret League I present "MAGE SQUIGS" (patent pending)

Mage Squigs - hyper intelligent(for squigs)squigs that have a natural talent for magic(haha, that's what you call it?).

0-16 Baby Squig 40000 5 2 2 7 Dauntless, Very Long Legs, Leap, No Hands (SA)
0-4 Bog Squig 60000 6 3 3 8 Dauntless, Very Long Legs, Sure hands (GA)
0-2 Gas Squig 90000 5 3 3 7 Very Long legs, Bombardier, Pass, No Hands (SA)
0-2 Cave Squig 90000 5 4 3 8 Very Long Legs, Leap, Bone Head, No Hands, Claw, Frenzy (SA)
0-2 Night Herder 80000 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Stab, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence (PA)
0-1 Great Cave Squig 120000 6 5 2 8 Loner, No Hands, Really Stupid, Claw, Leap, Jugger (S)

Re-Roll counter: 80K gold pieces each
Star Players - Goblin/Orc

Baby Squigs - based off of warhammer invasion cards I randomly saw from googling the name. Standard hungry squigs in smaller packages.

Bog Squigs - based on some figures I saw somewhere for fantasy. Smaller cousins of the regular squig and possibly smarter? Naw, just sticky. Swampy evolution causes these armless guys to have porous... bits? all over their bodies allowing suction and!... Ball handling!

Gas Squigs - Squigs that Spit out... something nice? Tricksie! Spat things kersplode(or splat) on impact? MAGICAL!

Cave Squig - Standardized squigs, these ones aren't quite so dumb (OMG)

Night Herder - Night goblin, these smelly guys watch/direct their squigs and can put out your lights by stench alone! (Magic!)

Great Cave Squig - Biggerest and Badderest squig we could find. Took 3 Night Herders 5 moons (and 1 herder!) to tame it... Blessed BE!

So really its just a couple night goblins what were able to find a breed of more intelligent squigs! enough that the darn things sort of understand that they have to do things other than eat. Isn't that the goblin equivalent of BIG MAGIC.

Well? let the tomatoes fly!
Code:
Code:

Last edited by Lorebass on Nov 15, 2016 - 05:01; edited 2 times in total
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bombardier should be SW (as every other bomber is, even when it's really part of the biology).
Other than that, a team with No Hands and Dauntless as signature skills sounds very interesting.

Maybe make the Cave Squigs riders (like the one in the standard roster) to justify why they're smarter than the average squig? Or are they just after picnic baskets?

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

AutoAxpert wrote:
Bombardier should be SW (as every other bomber is, even when it's really part of the biology).
No, they're not.
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
AutoAxpert wrote:
No, they're not.

Yes they are. Look at the Ignimbrite from the Nauticans and the Flamer from the Daemons of Tzeentch. The only non-secret weapon bombardier is the Fire Wyrm from the Spawn of Chaos team - and that team isn't finished yet.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the team and the idea.

"0-4 Bog Squig 60000 6 3 3 8 Dauntless, Very Long Legs, Sure hands (GA) "
*cough* overpowered *cough* even if they still move like a squig.
Human lineman are 6338 at 50K.

I would just make them freeky.
"0-4 Bog Squig 60000 6 3 3 8 Big hand, extra arms, Very long legs.(a)"
fit's the description better. (assuming stunty). No idea why this guy has dauntless. Maybe Foul appearance would be better.

For the Cave squig and Great cave squig we need wild animal not bone head. Squigs are wild and dangerous. Give them WA, but maybe give them PRO as well. They will then spend a lot of time suffering from the effects of WA and squig movement. Or just loose bone head on the normal cave squig.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I doant like der name mage skwigz, mebbe skwig breederz az dese kunnin gobbos az bred new strainz o skwig.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 21:31
FUMBBL Staff

Hmmm, I sort of measured the bog squig against the ghoul but wanted to make a dauntless team. the baby squigs suck. and compared to other SL teams I wanted something to give it something special (dauntless). Also having the bog positionals be the only real ball carriers (haha the herders... right) I wanted to make sure the team can actually play the ball.

Plus with 2 RR you can have a fairly good rookie team at 100K. Squigs are fungus, and that is OP (Magical). Great Cave needed RS because otherwise the herders would just be squishy stabbers out after one or two turns.

@GG But wouldn't squig teams being sorta smart and able to blow things up be magical and night gobbly!? Or are you just anti-night goblin.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me, Skwig breederz iz betta
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2016 - 23:17
FUMBBL Staff

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Trust me, Skwig breederz iz betta

Nah. Squig Menagarary..err menagrie.. Umm menag....

Squig Zoo!
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 01:16
FUMBBL Staff

I DID say 'patent pending'
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

AutoAxpert wrote:
Yes they are. Look at the Ignimbrite from the Nauticans and the Flamer from the Daemons of Tzeentch.

Perhaps YOU should look at the Flamer...
I'm already rather familiar with them. Wink
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:TzeentchDt

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11354532

You were saying?

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

AutoAxpert wrote:
You were saying?
I'm saying you need to look at the real deal...not "unofficial" Secret League stuff (no offense to Garion)...with ST2 lino's, Herders+Squigs it seemed pretty obviously intended as a "Stunty Leeg" team to me, but I guess Lorebass could have been clearer with his use of the "SL" acronym...
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 04:58
FUMBBL Staff

Butbutbut. its only for SL! not stunty leeg.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2016 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Ghouls are 70K 7337's. Normally anything str3 in stunty is looked at with questioning eyes. St3 +G access even more so. Think about it, how would a goblin or halfling team stop 4 str3 players with GA access (so they are blodgy dauntless). They even have sure hands, so are strip immune.... Ah not a stunty league team. Ok makes more sense.

I like the idea of having a team with lotz of dauntless on them. I just don't know if we want to give them G access. How about this?
0-16 Baby Squig 50000 5 2 2 7 Dauntless, Frenzy, Very Long Legs, Leap, No Hands (S,A)
0-4 Bog Squig 80000 6 3 3 8 Dauntless, Frenzy, Very Long Legs, Big hand, Multiple arms (G,A)
*maybe not multiple arms... I could kind of imagine the ball just sticking to them.
0-2 Gas Squig 80000 5 3 3 7 Bombardier, Pass, No Hands (S,A,SW)

My take on squig's is that they are frenzied and uncontrollable. They attack first and second. I like the idea of a frenzied and dauntless team but we need to tone down the power a little. Not sure if the herders really fit into this team or if they could be overpowered. Remember vampires have the whole bloodlust to keep them in control.

BTW am I the only person here who sees a problem with a "No Hands" Bomber! (lights bomb with cigarette in mouth??)
 Jump to: