37 coaches online • Server time: 10:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This would be a little regular section talking about one of those teams out there which have a lot of work behind, in the form of nice team and player bios and good match reports. For the first issue, I would propose Mezir's Funbbl Crew.

Gorritakid
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea for a regular feature. I was thinking of doing an article on making thematic teams and using my C.H.A.O.S. Pact team as a model. That way I'd be more motivated to do their bios. Laughing

Evo
Azurus

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of teams out there that could fill this spot. I'd like to get a silmilar thing going for players, ask the coach to provide some extra 'background info' and so on. Mostly people don't seem to know any of the players.

As Gorritakid mentioned in the channel, it would be great if we could use the Newspaper to inpire people to do more with their team & player bios.

Azurus

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2003 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like to hype my teams, but just to give some example...
Tampax Bay Bucaneers
Strange Guys
Sisters of Pious Sacred Pitch

marco

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be nice if teams also spent a little time making appropriate to the team pics w/ digital camera or graphics. Makes looking at the team better w/i a game and feels like you're not just playing another nearly identical team of the same race.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=75638

~ George Bernard Shaw
SunTzu

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2005 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Im gonna hype my old Dwarfen team, the Warhammerers. Worthlessly played (since i coached em!), but atleast i wrote bioses for em all. Ran some friends, girlfriend and ex girlfrieinds throught the "Fantasy Name Generator", and so came up with the names. If only i could find the list where the names are explained Razz

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=82365
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2005 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a non-technical expert in computer usage (I've figured out a lot of font stuff, but graphics are simply beyond my capability), I've never gotten into fancy team-pics, changing my bloodbowl pitch background, individual player pics, etc. However, I do spend a great deal of time on player bios (every player gets one upon reaching 16 spp--earlier if a first skill stat raise/double--and updated every skill thereafter, or after special games) and on team history. In addition, virtually every game I've ever played has had a (sometimes brief, sometimes novel-length) match report to accompany. I find this team/player development vastly amusing; probably stems from having played so much role-playing games growing up, reading so many books and enjoying the developed characters moreso than the throwaways, etc.

My favorite teams I've created:
Scions of Shannara
Unbelievable!
FTL Inc
Eagle's Elves
Scions of Destiny

Other teams have been just as much fun to play, but these had the most time spent on team development, not just player skill-development...

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My teams usually last until i go to the effot of sprucing up the team page with bios and piccies for the players , and then the team forgets how to play . Always happens i think nuffle laughs at my effots Smile
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I got my Knights of the Red Cross which I'm rather proud of due to the rather unonventional approach to Khornie theology...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=149454

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I always have a general concept behind my teams. But I never seem to get the time to write it down...on those teams that I do however:

Da Vegetarians
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=114912

Ratatass
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=131358

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My team has some work behind it, still not played so many games but there is a lot work behind them
Juggs Jinxed Jesters

Last edited by Jimmy on Apr 07, 2005 - 02:38; edited 2 times in total
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaargh! Stop bringing this thread back! It's more than 18 months old!