13 coaches online • Server time: 06:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
ARR you bringing an ARR team to Fumbbl Cup?!
Of CoARRse, representing, fARRonting, and winning!
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
ARR... Em... No! I've got something else
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Rookie gobs!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Fumbbl Cup? What's that? I should probably go eat some pie then enter rookie gobs...
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Timetis

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2016 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow AD. Great work!

The FC could do with a few more pelfs though! Very Happy
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I ask why my High Elf team doesn't seem to be included in the ARR standings? By my count, they've played about 6 games since the start of October, and they are in the ARR group. Games for the ARR don't need to be over 1400TV, right?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

HE standings:

8 JellyBelly Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo High Elf 6 3 1 2 16 132.5

You looking at the right season?

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2016 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm ... yes, I was looking at the wrong season Embarassed

Wink

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2016 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mid season update! (current season here)

Allllright! We've got a numbARR of completed sprints already, so actually a nice little race already in shape Smile And of course our early leaders are some agile group of prissy, pamper... er, wot?

Main Sprint LeadARRboard
In fARRst place so far... it's the loveable rogues of UndARR the RadARR! Having completed their sprint, cdassak's underwARRld sit on 48 pts (9/5/2), 3pts ahead of their nearest rivals, and all this with one of the most fragile players in the box Wink I seem to recall some thread in tactics where it surmised that UW aren't very good, and goblins should have no skills... Nobody informed this lot then!

Second place so far... Rain Wild. Been a rough one for the poor Elves here as they are no longARR 12+ mens, and have had to rely on journey elves (gee, what were the chances?). Still have posted a 9/2/5 sprint, and that's good for 45pts and the glARRious position of FIRST PLACE LOSARR! Nevermind boys, just win the brawl Wink

ThARRd place is quite tightly contended, but still hanging on by the thinnest of grips is vapourlecomplot. Azyx's High Elves may have went through the Zed Blender in Fumbbl Cup, but they had bashed out a sprint first, and it's still good enough to keep them up there for the moment: (9/0/7) 43pts.

We've got a real healthy chasing pack here, and a month to go for sprints, so plenty of time for people to change those top 3! I'd suggest those in the top3 might want to invest in some garlic Wink since the two I'd look at as the "big" threats are Vumpires and New Vamps on the Blood, although the latter will be hoping that Fumbbl Cup participation hurts their ability to sprint Smile

Stunty race!
Stunty sprint is currently cooking nicely too! Steakhachez's Pique-nique Sanglant leading the way on 28pts (3/3/10), ahead of a chasing pack of mostly goblins! Dirold's I Gigietti leading the goblin sprint again, and Sableheart's Stonehorn Butchers lead the OgARR sprint. The teams to watch here are probably all goblins - Uedder's FancySetter are putting up some respectable results (or tragic if you've been an opponent...) and Scarlak's Return of the WhizWhiz have got off to a flying start in terms of wins!

That's the main events covARRed, more details on particular racial races, and a mid-event FC review coming latARR!

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As promised yestARRday, a racial breakdown Smile

Plus some little highlights from our sprints so fARR!

1 dirold I Gigietti 16 4/5/7 33pts 177.19tv
2 Uedder FancySetter 9 3/5/1 23pts 150.56tv
3 Bloodfeast Mount Raven Gremlins 16 1/2/13 21pts 131.88tv

So, as we can see in the Goblin sprint, Dirold's I Gigietti have completed their sprint, with a total of 33pts. A more than decent showing, considering the high strength of schedule given the average TV played at. As usual for these goblins, there's been some high profile victories in there, sure to be some Broken Spirits in the box Wink. Uedder's FancySetter have a fair shot at overhauling them though, and aren't exactly slouches when it comes to embARRassing opponents either!

1 Steakhachez Pique-nique Sanglant 16 3/3/10 28pts 115tv
2 Harad Mission Impossible II 2 2/0/0 8pts 102.5tv
3 Namloc Candid Optimists 2 1/0/1 5pts 117.5tv

The 'fling sprint sees Steakhachez' Pique-nique Sanglant sitting pretty clear at the top with their completed sprint. Obviously, given the pedigree of some of the chasing pack, it's possible for them to be surpassed, but at this point in time, they're pretty strong looking. Probably the highlight of the fling sprints so far has been the ARR-face off between frogs and some optimistic flings... frogs got splatted.

1 Sableheart Stonehorn Butchers 12 1/4/7 19pts 165.08tv
2 Rbthma ARRnold 11 0/3/8 14pts 119tv
3 DrPoods Blade RunnARRs 6 0/1/5 7pts 100.17tv

The ogARR sprint! Also known as the "snotling sprint" once you're above 1600tv and into the land of claaaaw, is at the moment a contest between two teams - Sableheart's Stonehorn Butchers have the sole victory in the top 3 (moARR pasted frogs!), but have halted at 12 games for the moment, so are in danger of being overhauled by the pack.
Rbthma's Arrnold haven't got a win yet, but have finally started rolling some stats, and just need the games!

1 MattDakka Red Bats 16 7/4/5 41pts 173.94tv
2 Harad Vumpires 12 8/2/2 38pts 178.08tv
3 Suppurax Dang Morok BBC 14 4/1/9 27pts 139.21tv

Well it is the season... And the Vampire sprint is quite warm-blooded! MattDakka's Red Bats lead the way, sitting on a completed sprint and 41pts. Harad's Vumpires are ever so carefully creeping up on them though, and barring catastrophe, should surpass that points total. I must also say that any rumours of blatant cheating might have some credence to them given the lineup that team sports Wink

Highlights? Plenty of them, but let's settle for a cricket score with skaven!

1 Timetis Rain Wild 16 9/2/5 45pts 159.69tv
2 MattDakka Loec's Lynces 14 4/7/3 33pts 140.71tv
3 Uedder Hopeless Brigade 8 4/1/3 21pts 162.88tv

The journeyman elf sprint! I mean, er, pro elf sprint has, yet again, been so far dominated by Timetis' Rain Wild (although I hear Uedder demanded he retire them in shame). Another clean sprint completed and I believe they ARR currently brawling too, against non-ARR vagabonds in the ARR brawl, so we wish them luck there! Mattdakka has another second place here, but no shot at first, and Uedder has an outside hope, but will need to really rack up the wins Smile An interesting one, but potentially decided already!

As tempting as it is to have the goblin loss be the highlight of this sprint, we'll push that aside and let everyone check out some high tv ELFBALL in the box!

1 azyx vapourlecomplot 16 9/0/7 43pts 167.06tv
2 MattDakka Asuryan's Phoenices 9 5/3/1 27pts 149.44tv
3 mad75 Morning Sea Stars [BBox] 7 4/1/2 20pts 125.57tv

The high elf sprint got off to a very, very fast start, as Azyx's vapourlecomplot blasted out a sprint and then headed off for the Fumbbl Cup. For everyone else it's simply been a case of getting the games in and catching up, and that's slowly beginning to happen now. Who else but Mattdakka, is in second place here for the moment with Asuryan's Phoenixes quite capable of overhauling our front-runners... However, mad75's Morning Sea Stars [BBox] are at the head of a very, very tight race behind them. This one is probably the sprint to watch as we head into the second half of the season, as there are actually plenty of teams more than capable of claiming 1st spot if they continue in their current form and complete the 16 games. Both big ifs for elves in the box, but we never doubt and nevARR feARR!

Highlights? Plenty of them, but let's feast our eyes on the front-runners outbashing chorfs. Anyone got any sympathy for the tall hats? Didn't think so Wink

1 Nestoroide Panchi frogs 16 7/3/6 40pts 129.75tv
2 zenken5ten Slannder! 13 5/1/7 29pts 128.46tv
3 Nestoroide Ranaldinhos Superstar team 11 3/2/6 22pts 181.55tv

And here we have the frogs sprint! Or as I like to call it "Nestoroide vs the box" Wink Our frontrunner with the only completed sprint is his team Panchi frogs, who recovered from some early bashings to post a winning recARRd, it's quite possible for him to do the same with his second team in the top 3, but it would take 5 straight victories to beat his own sprint. Zenken5ten's Slannder! are in second but can't take first, and there's a host of teams with low games played at the moment who could sneak away with the sprint if they play the full 16. But frogs in the box are up there for punishment, so i'm not going to make many predictions that rely on unbeaten-from-here sprints Wink

Highlights? Well, maybe one half of this could be considered a low-light for the box, but let's just bask in yet another victory over tall hats... these ones with no bulls.

1 cdassak UndARR the RadARR 16 9/5/2 48pts 158.75tv
2 keggiemckill Florescent Jumpsuits 11 4/3/4 26pts 156.18tv
3 Triton Toxic Prowlers 7 3/2/2 18pts 150.71tv

FundARRworld! Cdassak's UndARR the RadARR certainly aren't hiding from anyone on this one! A magnificent sprint sees them post a quite dominant record, and a lovely pts total of 48! That sprint will take some topping, and already the second place team can't catch them, keggie's Florescent Jumpsuits will have to watch their backs too, because there's plenty of teams who could catch them, not least Triton's Toxic Prowlers, who've started strong this time round Smile

Highlight: A victARRy over stinking nurgle and some personal milestones for UndARR the RadARR, in a typical game of Underworld glass cannon imp/explosion!

That's the season so fARR, in general box play, keep the sprints coming and keep the wins flowing! Next time - Fumbbl Cup Special! Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up AD!

In other news: My goblins in the FC were able to cheat their way to a first round bye, but were booted by die roll in R2 when the coaches failed to connect their schedules enough to play... A goblin coach who cannot cheat such a roll is twice damned, so apparently we had no business being in the FC to begin with.

In unrelated news, Morg, Ripper, Hairy the Troll wizard, Hot PIes the "only chef who can stand the stink of goblins" and 3 "exceptionally upstanding" referees all are complaining their checks have now bounced.

Sad days, folks, sad days. Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN. PO IS GONE. IST WEG. THE ENDTIMES ARE NE... No wait, the season is done and we get a new one. Business as usual Smile

20 Completed sprints this month, moARR than last season, and the highest completed sprint total of the last foARR season! Good work people, let's build on this!

Let's get down to the awARRds!

Okostomi’s Nuevo Ricos, came through the High Elf sprint, which was one of the more competitive ones to say the least. Mid-season they weren't near the top, but part of a chasing pack that ever so slowly gained and gained on the leadARRs, until, whoops! They were the leaders. Relying mainly on a solid core pair of 2 catchers (Flying Hirsch and Daboss), the high elves finish with a single loss in their 16. We hope to see them back up in the top spots next season too! (12/3/1 55pts)

Justicium’s récréation post eurobowl, make it an HE 1-2 without actually completing the sprint! Another team that rose through the ranks in the HE sprint to eventually challenge the overall board. Very strong outing (as usual) from Justi as the High Elves lose a single match through 14 games. Elfball in the box! (11/2/1 49pts)

cdassak’s UndARR the RadAAR led at the half-way point and having done theARR best through 16 could only wait to see wheARR it would leave them. A really strong showing from the undARRworld leaves them 1pt short of 2nd place in the end, but contendARRs for a long, long time. We salute you! (and Dillinger Wink (9/5/2 48pts)

Stunty sprint
was secured in the end, by Cdassak's Nuffle Rewards the Cunning. The breaker of FUMBBL showing us all how it's done yet again by posting a 50% winrate with goblins over 16 games (seriously?). Obviously then it follows that they took the goblin sprint too Wink Given that the cunning secured more points over 16 games than some elves, truly nuffle must be rewarding them with something. (6/4/6 38pts)

Not far behind them though were the winners of the halfling sprint - Quarion8's Little cult of Death, who are currently being investigated for possible illegal fertiliser being used for the trees. Two giant lumps and 14 pairs of boots marched their way to 5 wins, and that was better than any flings could get inside the time period! (5/4/7 35pts)

The Oggies sprint was a rather slow affair and never got any tighter than it already was. But Sablehearts' Stonehorn Butchers won't be caring about that at all! They led at the mid-way point and with only 2 teams completing sprints for the OgARRs, it was their solitary win that assured them the top spot. (1/5/10 24pts)

Full standings are available here

All othARR top ten finishers can claim their loot here:
(that'd be Harad's Vumpires, Timetis' Rain Wild, Azyx's vapourlecomplot, Nestoroide's Ranaldinhos Superstar team, Mattdakka's Red Bats, JellyBelly's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Triton's Toxic Prowlers)

EvARRyone who completed a sprint can claim this:

And as always, we can’t be ARR without allowing some to lAARd it ovARR othARRs, so all top three racial finishARRs can claim the appropriate badge:
Image Image Image

If you wARR a brawl winARR in the last season (or previously but haven’t added the badge), then this one heARR is for you!

New Season thread to be posted SOOOOOON, and information for what is traditionally now the ARR fundraising season will be posted this weekend, so please keep your eyes peeled for that and be prepARRed to hopefully give generously Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome stuff AD and a great season. Good to see the number of sprints going up. I was sad to not have the time to finish any of my sprints this last season but definitely will get some done over the holiday period.

I will update the ARR group news/winners later on today.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Racial top 3s!

cdassak Nuffle Rewards the Cunning 6/4/6 38pts (146.81 avg TV)
dirold I Gigietti 5/5/6 36pts (160.75 avg TV)
Uedder FancySetter 3/5/2 24pts (151.2 avg TV)

Quarion8 Little Cult Of Death 5/4/7 35pts (112.25 avg TV)
Steakhachez Pique-nique Sanglant 3/3/10 28pts (115 avg TV)
JackH 3.14 Munchers 4/1/2 20pts (101.43avg TV)

Sableheart Stonehorn Butchers 1/5/10 24pts (168.56 avg TV)
Rbthma ARRnold 0/4/12 20pts (127.06 avg TV)
lothurn Bogoss et Moustik 2/1/3 13pts (106 avg TV)

Harad Vumpires 9/2/5 45pts (177.69 avg TV)
MattDakka Red Bats Vampire 7/4/5 41pts (173.94 avg TV)
kingvan New Vamps on the Blood Vampire 6/2/3 31pts (192.45 avg TV)

Timetis Rain Wild 9/2/5 45pts (159.69 avg TV)
Triton Crash Test Elfies 6/5/5 39pts (150.31 avg TV)
MattDakka Loec's Lynces 5/7/3 37pts (140.4 avg TV)

okostomi Nuevo ricos 12/3/1 55pts (149.31 avg TV)
Justicium récréation post eurobowl 11/2/1 49pts (127.07 avg TV)
azyx vapourlecomplot 9/0/7 43pts (167.06 avg TV)

Nestoroide Ranaldinhos Superstar team 8/2/6 42pts (172.31 avg TV)
Nestoroide Panchi frogs 7/3/6 40pts (129.75 avg TV)
MattDakka Tzunki's Hoppers 6/5/5 39pts (148.38 avg TV)

cdassak UndARR the RadAAR 9/5/2 48pts (158.75 avg TV)
Triton Toxic Prowlers 7/3/6 40pts (151.31 avg TV)
keggiemckill Florescent Jumpsuits 5/4/7 35pts (161.88 avg TV)

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats everyone and thanks for all the hard work, AD - was an awesome season! Managed to complete the first ARR sprint with my Street Fighter High Elves (and a top 10 trophy, to boot).

Hadoken! Very Happy

Jump to: