65 coaches online • Server time: 00:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I see a vast field of no skill rookie linemen getting stacked up deep in the CAS boxes and feeding the SPP to all those bashers out there.

That could be the case.

Anyway I, for one, would be very tempted to include my 1+ skill linemen in the possible MVP winners.

It really depends on the team you're playing tho. Many teams benefit from having skilled linemen, others don't. Some coaches like skilled linemen, others don't.
It will really come down to coach preference, and it's not a given that the "legends+scrubs" build will be more effective than a more homogeneously developed team.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
What prevents you from grabbing some dice and roll them before you pick the 3 mvp bominees licker?
You may even use bowlbot for that.

Nothing, you still have to pick 3 though.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
[I would imagine Lizards as another team that is fantastic at low TV with hard to skill up Sauri get a nice boost in this ruleset.

*Saurus Blockers. No-one can get this wrong anymore. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

*Sauraii blockers errata on the way i heard
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
happygrue wrote:
[I would imagine Lizards as another team that is fantastic at low TV with hard to skill up Sauri get a nice boost in this ruleset.

*Saurus Blockers. No-one can get this wrong anymore. Very Happy

We can try!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2016 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Very disappointed they didn't change Claw. Claw is the worst rule in CRP since it treats high AV unfairly. Orcs and Dwarfs vs Chaos is a very unfair and boring matchup thanks to the very bad design of Claw. The only thing that can motivate such bad design is to make it easier to trim bash teams, but if that is the goal, then why make it easier than ever to build up bash teams by removing the randomness of the MVP?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2016 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
PainState wrote:
I see a vast field of no skill rookie linemen getting stacked up deep in the CAS boxes and feeding the SPP to all those bashers out there.

That could be the case.

Anyway I, for one, would be very tempted to include my 1+ skill linemen in the possible MVP winners.

It really depends on the team you're playing tho. Many teams benefit from having skilled linemen, others don't. Some coaches like skilled linemen, others don't.
It will really come down to coach preference, and it's not a given that the "legends+scrubs" build will be more effective than a more homogeneously developed team.

Kick on Legendary Wardancers or nah?
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2016 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Most players it just means if they get a cas, you skill them soon after.

Maybe for throwers and stuff you can give it to them and then pass, but eh, pass first if possible, otherwise they could die next game and never use it.

But ye olde lineman who rolled four early MVPs and loaded up on normal skills? They're probably a thing of the past. Far more Elf Guard linemen on the other hand, will make Blodgestep on top.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2016 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

They need to limit it cause it would be annoying but it will also hurt the fact some fumbbl players goal is try to get a character to reach in top list well this would destroy mvp and spp i find for those. I am going to use fluff reason... who performed the best pretty much but that is also cause i know if I place mvp on same for more then 1 game they will die by a halfling 1v1 and they could be a ogre so yeah/
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 wrote:
I think you are all right about Lizardmen. That's kinda huge.

I think most coaches are going to feel like hit helps but "Yay, I got to funnel my spps to the human linemen that needed it to get block" isn't as big as "Yay, I got to funnel my spps to my BOBs that needed it to get block."

I like the fact that it accelerates team building in an organic way. I'm sure that GW wanted to have that as an outcome. It's much harder for most people to play 20 games in person than on Fumbbl so some acceleration is welcome.

Precisely. Good reasons why this system of choosing mvps should not be used in perpetual fumbbl divisions or perhaps even long fumbbl leagues. I would enjoy the benefits of for example getting my Wights skilled up quick but I would miss skilled linos a bit and mainly would not enjoy that most teams will be min maxed. I suppose it reduces team building differences between coaches and puts more on in game play/tactics differences?

I think with the seasons rules, retirements, pile on removal, targeted mvps, there is very much an encouragement for short term targets. Not really long. Quick build ups and periodic seasons to knock back down.