44 coaches online • Server time: 17:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bdubgnarkill

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Played the game a ton as a kid, reprint came out and I got it of course. A few questions me and my wife had while playing.

1. Does standing up and blocking count as blitzing?

2. How many rerolls do you get to start the game? (not league)

3. Does assisting a block consume that players action? Or can he assist in multiple blocks?

4. If a player is pushed out of bounds, what happens? Or can he be pushed out?

5. If its my turn, I knock down a player and he coughs up the football, and it takes a bounce to my player and I fail to catch it, does that end my turn? And to go on a bit more on that, on a kickoff, if the kickoff indirectly lands in the hands of a player on the receiving team and he fails to catch, does the turn end for that team immediately?

6. When you are done with a player, can you ever go back to him on the same turn and finish his movement or do something else with him? Or is done for the round if you used him, even if you dont finish movement?

7. Say I had one Human Lineman in front of one Orc at the start of the turn, and then I moved a Human Blitzer into the same tackle zone as that Orc. Now, I use the Human Linemans action to block... can the Blitzer assist or would that count as blitzing?

8. Assisting with blocks, can someone assist with a block if they are flanking? Or can you only assist if you are standing next to the blocking player?

I apologize in advance if my questions are silly. Im not the best with rulebooks and joined these forums specifically with help on this! Thanks!
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Difficult questions which go very much into detail.
I am only able to answer question one:
Yes, if not used Jump Up.

Last edited by Dominik on Dec 02, 2016 - 21:31; edited 1 time in total
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

Welcome to the site. Feel free to make a team on here and play too!

1. Yes

2. Depends on how many you buy when you make your team.

3. Yes, the player actually needs to make an action (Move, block, blitz, pass, foul). Just standing next to a player gives an assist if not in a tackle zone. Unless they have Gurad.

4. Automatic roll as if armour had been broken.

5. No - No

6. As soon as you have done with a player, that is it. That is why it is important to prioritise actions.

7. the blitzer can assist

8. has to be next the opposing player, not the player blocking.

Please ask any questions you like. The good majority here (99%) are more than happy to help.

Last edited by Throweck on Dec 02, 2016 - 21:31; edited 1 time in total
roante

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Yep
2. 0, you must buy all of them. At team creation it's at half cost.
3. Nope, assist in block/foul is not an action. Action is pass/foul/handover/block/blitz.
4. Called crowdsufring! Injury roll, gets into reserves in best case for the drive.
5. Nope. Bouncing ball is not a turnover. Only failed pickup or pass.
6. Nope, the turn is done for the player. He cannot do anything else.
7. Everyone automatically assists. If Blitzer blocks, then that's a blitz action.
8. Flanking?
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed ask the questions, but realize that while you may be bad with rule books, they are still something you should try to familiarize yourself with. These questions are all pretty fundamental aspects of the game which a reading of the rule book should answer.

Saying that, perhaps you don't know where to find the current rulebook? In which case you could ask that question. Wink
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

1) depends. with the skill Jump Up, if your player is lying down face up, you have a choice: try an Agility check to see if the players stands up and is ready to just throw a block, or take a Blitz action and use 1 square of your movement to throw a block. Otherwise yes, it counts as a Blitz action.

2)depends on your team creation. some teams are more likely to start with 3 ReRolls (Humans, Orcs, etc...) while others should make good use of just two (mainly the elven races).

3)Usually a player can assist only one block (otherwise it would be in a tacklezone and therefore unable to assist, but again this changes with the skill Guard), but things could go like that: a player assist a block action, then another opponent gets pushed into his tacklezone and a near, unmoved player can throw a block to the pushed oppoent with the assist of the previously assisting player. In this scenario, the player assisted in two blocks without needing the Guard skill.

4)Injury roll! on a stunned result, the player pushed out of bounds is placed in the reserves box and can be set up as usual in the next drive.

5)No to the first question and no to the second either.

6)Every player can be activated only once per turn.

7)The blitzer is assisting, provided there aren't any other orcs in the blitzer's tacklezones.

8 )A player can assist during a block if he is standing near the block target and is not standing in any other opponent tacklezone (if he is "free")

Hope this will help... others could confirm/improve those.

Last edited by awambawamb on Dec 02, 2016 - 21:54; edited 2 times in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Yes. That's a blitz, unless using the jump up skill.

2) Depends on team build. Rerolls are bought when creating a team or in post-game sequence.

3) No. He can assist in multiple blocks. He can also move/blitz afterwards. Standing up tho, does consume the players action.

4) If a player is pushed out of bounds, a straight injury roll is rolled. Then the player is moved to the reserve box if the result was a ko, and accordingly if a casualty/death was suffered.

5) No. Failed catches never end turns. Failed pickups do. If your team loses possession of the ball during your turn it's also a turnover. Same if the ball carrier is knocked down.

6)No. Once moved/activated a player can no longer do actions for that turn. He will still assist on blocks and do all the "passive" things. Nut no movement, blocks, blitzes, passes, hand-offs etc..

7)Yes the blitzer would assist in that case. It doesn't count as blitzing. Blitzing is moving and then blocking with the same player in the same action.

8)Any tackle zone will do for assists. But a player in the tackle zone of another opposing player cannot assist a block unless he has the "guard" skill.

Also, i suggest you google "CRP blood bowl NAF", download the rulebook and give it a read. It's way clearer.
bdubgnarkill

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

2. Im specifically referencing the premade teams, on how many rerolls you get with the New 2016 Orcs and Humans team.

And to elaborate on the Rerolls in League play, when you use a reroll, do you get it back at the end of the match? Or is that gone forever? Does that make sense?

4. Crowdsurfing, they are injured? So what happens if they are stunned? Do they go onto the field stunned?

Last edited by bdubgnarkill on Dec 02, 2016 - 21:46; edited 1 time in total
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bdubgnarkill wrote:
2. Im specifically referencing the premade teams, on how many rerolls you get with the New 2016 Orcs and Humans team.

And to elaborate on the Rerolls in League play, when you use a reroll, do you get it back at the end of the match? Or is that gone forever? Does that make sense?

umh no, ReRolls are reset to their original numer at the beginning of the second half (and of course at the begnning of your next league match - they don't disappear! but well... could be one kind of an idea for a different kind of league!). Pre-made teams... well depends, really. Are there any suggested rosters in the box?

bdubgnarkill wrote:
4. Crowdsurfing, they are injured? So what happens if they are stunned? Do they go onto the field stunned?

Stunned and KOs results are placed into the Reserves box.

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

bdubgnarkill wrote:

1. Does standing up and blocking count as blitzing?

Yes.
Please notice that the Jump Up skill may allow a player to perform a free Block action while standing up, if he passes an Agility roll with a +2 Modifier.

bdubgnarkill wrote:
2. How many rerolls do you get to start the game? (not league)

Team Re-Rolls are purchased during the team creation phase. Human rr cost 50,000 gold, Orc rr 60,000 gold.
bdubgnarkill wrote:

3. Does assisting a block consume that players action? Or can he assist in multiple blocks?

Assist is not an Action, so assisting a Block doesn't not consume that player's action. The player can even assist more than one Block action.
bdubgnarkill wrote:

4. If a player is pushed out of bounds, what happens? Or can he be pushed out?

A player pushed out of bounds must roll on the Injury Table to see if he has been hurt by the crowd, notice that no Armour roll is required, the Armour is automatically broken.
bdubgnarkill wrote:

5. If its my turn, I knock down a player and he coughs up the football, and it takes a bounce to my player and I fail to catch it, does that end my turn?

No, it doesn't. Your player didn't try to catch it on purpose, it was a failed accidental catch.
bdubgnarkill wrote:

And to go on a bit more on that, on a kickoff, if the kickoff indirectly lands in the hands of a player on the receiving team and he fails to catch, does the turn end for that team immediately?

No.
bdubgnarkill wrote:
6. When you are done with a player, can you ever go back to him on the same turn and finish his movement or do something else with him? Or is done for the round if you used him, even if you dont finish movement?

No, you can't go back to a player and do something else again.
bdubgnarkill wrote:

7. Say I had one Human Lineman in front of one Orc at the start of the turn, and then I moved a Human Blitzer into the same tackle zone as that Orc. Now, I use the Human Linemans action to block... can the Blitzer assist or would that count as blitzing?

The Blitzer would be assisting. A Blitz Action means performing a Move Action and a Block action in any combination (either Move, Block, finish the Move, or Block and Move or Move and Block).

bdubgnarkill wrote:

8. Assisting with blocks, can someone assist with a block if they are flanking? Or can you only assist if you are standing next to the blocking player?

Flanking, you mean the assisting player is adjacent to the opponent being blocked but not adjacent to the blocking team mate?
If it's so, yes, he can assist.
The assisting player must be adjacent to the victim of the block but he doesn't need to be adjacent to the blocking team mates.
Please notice that assisting players must not be standing in tackle zones of opponent team mates (but the victim's tackle zone, of course).
Players with the Guard skill can always assist, even if they are standing in opponents' tackle zones.

Last edited by MattDakka on Dec 02, 2016 - 21:56; edited 2 times in total
bdubgnarkill

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@awambawmb There are probably suggested reroll numbers in the box, I just couldnt find it.

So, my team rerolls reset to the original number at the start of each half. Good to know!

In reguards to the crowdsurfing, Im still stuck on one thing. If they are stunned, they are put in reserves. If they are knocked out, they are put in the knocked out box, correct?

Reserves you can put them into play on the next kickoff, correct? And the KO guys must roll a 4+ to be eligible to go back into reserves on the next kickoff?
bdubgnarkill

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

8. So as long as I have two Humans in a tacklezone of an Orc, doesnt matter WHERE in the tacklezone they are, one of the humans can assist?
bdubgnarkill

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
bdubgnarkill wrote:

Assist is not an Action, so assisting a Block doesn't not consume that player's action. The player can even assist more than one Block action.
[/quote]

So if my Human Lineman blocked, and the catcher assisted, following that, the catcher can take his action. Correct?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

bdubgnarkill wrote:

So if my Human Lineman blocked, and the catcher assisted, following that, the catcher can take his action. Correct?

If the Catcher has not performed any Action that turn yet, yes.
If you had to move the Catcher into assisting position, then no, because the Catcher would have performed a Move action.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Watching a replay, preferably with Rookie Teams, helps to understand the mechanics of Blood Bowl.
Very much is explained in the white info box on every action.
https://fumbbl.com/p/matches
Klick on the green button with a "D" or a "r" inserted.
 Jump to: