33 coaches online • Server time: 08:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that possible though Antithesisoftime, or are the teams created when rookies graduated to legends after the first match not compatible with the newer rule-set?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
jordinoboy wrote:
pokrjax wrote:
I'm still banging on about rerolls and stuff before I decide whether to join, I'm afraid. If I have this right, coaches can start with 8 rerolls and max FF, cheerleaders and coaches, for no change to the inducements they give away or receive? So all teams in this league will have 8 rerolls and max starting FF and support staff?

This is a guy with terrible luck here, if I can fail it I usually do, but more than 5-6 rerolls is pointless, almost certainly, and that's for teams like khemeri, and just starting. By even the new start of level four you'll almost certainly have enough re-roll skills you shouldn't need more than 4-5 dice. most won't be used. pass and catch for the free re-roll there, no agile player will use re-rolls because of dodge, block/ wrestle will mitigate block dice re-rolls, sure hands means no ball pick up re-roll.

as for support, most of that isn't that helpful, hardly worth spending TV on, maybe fan factor, but that's about it

worrying about teams having too many re-rolls shouldn't really be that much of a concern honestly, better to worry about all the evil teams people will get. strength 6 tentacles chaos warriors are much scarier, and we know someone will roll it.

The point is, this league does not use Team Value, does it? Everyone gets the same inducements at all times. Presumably you will block or blitz every turn, almost certainly with Mighty Blow if not full kill stack, so if you don't need a reroll for anything else you can always reroll a push.

Pretty sure that TV is still used, it just isn't a big factor in the matches as you usually are going to have a full roster so no star players. That leaves apothecaries, babes, cards and the wizard as inducements really. Your players on the field really outshine anything you can induce usually.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
Is that possible though Antithesisoftime, or are the teams created when rookies graduated to legends after the first match not compatible with the newer rule-set?
yes, the current ruleset overrides for all new players
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

currently working on some goodies for the league, and looking for a couple more coaches willing to enjoy the mayhem
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2016 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Update
Looking for a handful of coaches to help playtest some custom rosters for this league.

Also, still recruiting coaches willing to play in a league environment.
As it stands, This league is looking to begin play just after the new year.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just heard from one more coach interested, giving a total of 8 coaches.
League is still recruiting for a start to season 1 within the next few weeks.

I will run an 8 team league if interest doesn't increase, but I'd prefer to get a full 16 so we can split into divisions.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2017 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 is set to begin next week
Still looking for more coaches to fill the pool
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for new coaches for season 2
So far in season one, the matches have been mostly competitive, with the closest one going down to the wire. That was a match between ogres and dark elves, and could have ended 2-2 and tired, instead of the 3-1 win for the elves that happened due to a last second steal on turn 16.

If you like crazy high TV, this is the league fir you
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2017 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 is entering it's final week.
Season 2 needs you to expand the league.

There will be some changes coming in Season 2.

First, Sneaky Git will no longer be sent to KO box, as this option is currently bugged. As soon as the bug is fixed, this option returns.

Second, the Brettonian roster will be added as an available roster for Season 2. It's practically a canon roster thanks to BB2, I see no reason not to include it in the league.

The following will be included in the league since the base rules changed mid season
Wizards are allowed
Piling On is available, and does not cost a team RR. The only nerf to clawPOMB is that Claw doesn't stack with other skills for AV.
Coaches may Argue the Call
Petty Cash affects TV, and does not automatically transfer.
And MVPs will be from 3 nominations.

If crazy high TV, and highly skilled teams appeal to you, sign up here
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 02, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We now have 6 confirmed coaches for season 2, with 2 more who sound like they will be joining.

That's definitely more than enough to make session 2 great again, but I wouldn't mind doubling that number.

Come join the mayhem
 Jump to: