37 coaches online • Server time: 11:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colonel_Kane

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all

My youngest and I had a game today, she was home sick from school and I stayed with her. We were playing the board game version and not the Fumbbl version, She is 9 so we limit her internet time. There arose a question, I ruled one way and have not found an answer in the rule book. it happened twice and I held the same ruling both times. It concerns when a player is carrying the ball and is blocked and the result comes up a push back. I ruled that the ball carrier does NOT drop the ball as a result of a simple push back. I know if the defender is knocked down the yes the ball carrier drops the ball, but I could not find a ruling on just a push back. Please tell me I am out of my mind or not. If I am please point me to the page of where the ruling is. Thank you in advance.
Raughri

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You are correct. Player does not drop the ball on a push back, unless the player blocking them has stripball. This in turn is negated if the ball carrier has sure hands.
Colonel_Kane

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the quick reply Raughri.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My favourite example: http://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3266767

Check out Lizardman turn 6. Lucky elves Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2016 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Raughri wrote:
You are correct. Player does not drop the ball on a push back, unless the player blocking them has stripball. This in turn is negated if the ball carrier has sure hands.

If the player carrying the ball is pushed out of the pitch he will lose the ball and it will be throw-in by the crowd.
Razz
 Jump to: