41 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Chainsaw a cry baby?
Nuffle loves tears
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
No, babies only cry when hungry or soiled
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Salty tear pie
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

paradocks

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed it does stop, also for deciding to use a reroll I'm pretty sure. This is a problem as I do like to take my time deciding on a crucial reroll decision but I don't want to be seen as exploiting rules.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
Ah yes, let's make Fumbbl more like cyanide games. Because making people feel like chatting a lot to each other would harm their result is a great way to foster community.

What a brilliant strawman! You should change your username to Captain Strawman.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Endzone wrote:
For Fumbbl the simplest solution would be to have chess locks for 45 minutes each. Your clock would be going during your turn and your opponent's clock during theirs. Ideally this could also be automated so that when waiting during your turn for you opponent to make a decision (e.g. sidestep, apothecary etc.) it is their time and not yours running out. Simples.

This would be enough for you to play one half each game tho... maybe this would give your opponents a slim chance of winning?
I think the way timeouts are handled on Fumbbl is good as it is.

You're right, not really broken as is but would love to see this implemented in the client if nothing else than for league play.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:
Ah yes, let's make Fumbbl more like cyanide games. Because making people feel like chatting a lot to each other would harm their result is a great way to foster community.

What a brilliant strawman! You should change your username to Captain Strawman.

How, did you not read End's post or something?

Are you really that butthurt over the turn in question you need to fly off the handle at every opportunity?

DLE College 7s
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:

Are you really that butthurt over the turn in question you need to fly off the handle at every opportunity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
For Fumbbl the simplest solution would be to have chess locks for 45 minutes each. Your clock would be going during your turn and your opponent's clock during theirs. Ideally this could also be automated so that when waiting during your turn for you opponent to make a decision (e.g. sidestep, apothecary etc.) it is their time and not yours running out. Simples.

I'd like to see this. When the alloted time is over, then it's 2 minutes per turn Laughing

Slow coaches playing blitz endgames

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to confirm. This happened in my game and is definitely a bug in the client. I empathise with chainsaw. Obviously it's unfair if exploited for extra time. If the bug doesn't get fixed, then admins should do something about repeat offenders. Spanking or something

Last edited by Desultory on Dec 14, 2016 - 17:54; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a more rule conform implementation would be that somebody has to press a button for the timer to START, rather than to END.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
I think a more rule conform implementation would be that somebody has to press a button for the timer to START, rather than to END.

They do. It's the End Turn button...

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

So yes, super butthurt.

DLE College 7s
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been like this for a long time. Not necessarily correct to call it a bug. At least it slightly reduces the chance of misclicks, though they usually happen more with clicking blitz/handoff/move/pass rather than clicking the wrong block dice. I think it is only being brought up because of one coach who persistently pushes his turns to the limits.

While on the subject I think when you roll a double pow or double skull should you really need to choose one of the dice?

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

No but you might need to choose to reroll. And the dice on the right are far luckier.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

man, it seems like DAYS since we last had a turn timer thread....

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
While on the subject I think when you roll a double pow or double skull should you really need to choose one of the dice?

Well, yeah man. It is a very critical choice. One of the die has a 1,1 AV check roll and the other has a 6,6 Av Check roll hidden behind the scenes. Choose wisely.

Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2016 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
man, it seems like DAYS since we last had a turn timer thread....

CPOMB's days are numbered. What else are people gonna talk about?

By the way. How's your cat?

Jump to: