31 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the rule for dcing after both me and my opponent dced. I reconnected instantly right after and waiting for him while I am typing this message here.

If my opponent does not reconnect it is like if the game had never happened which really is quite annoying for me since we played a half and 5 turns and if he might not conect on purpous to avoid losing a lvl 3 catcher that died during the game and a mng. Mean While I am still there causse i want spp which i will lose cause of it?

Should it not work like a concede? Like I am still waiting to see if he connects but that is something that seem to be a advantage for him if he does not connect.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

After 15 minutes, you choose:

1) Cancel the match - in that case, submit a support ticket to request the cancellation.

or

2) Finish the match - in that case, send a PM to your opponent to schedule a time to finish. If he does not respond for 24 hours, submit a support ticket to request assistance.

https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

Regards,

Kryten
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

well i sent him a pm when i got back in 15 min ago and i still do not see it as fair really.... I mean now it means I cannot play until he either decides to reconnect and finish or I need to wait 24 hours
Kryten

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

If you want an immediate concession, that's now how it works here. People who make a habit of intentionally disconnecting gets noted by Security Officers, and eventually they get invited in for a chat and/or banned.
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It is fair. Who knows what happened to him/her. If an opponent does try to avoid finishing a game, admins can force the concession. One day when your star team is playing and your computer crashes you will be glad you are given a chance to finish the game and a concession and player loss is not forced upon you.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not looking for immediate concession I want to finish the game but he is not reconnecting or responding to my message. We also did both dc at first which means he should of been abe to reconnect... But that is not the real problem its no matter what if he does not reconnect he basically save himself the injury and death while freezing the other player to wait. I am not sure if the guy does it on purpose either is the worst part but the game was deep in so right there lost of time and i cant play until everything is settled.... I just feel like there should be a better way then this is all Sad

Harad wrote:
It is fair. Who knows what happened to him/her. If an opponent does try to avoid finishing a game, admins can force the concession. One day when your star team is playing and your computer crashes you will be glad you are given a chance to finish the game and a concession and player loss is not forced upon you.

um if he completed the game he would lose the player anyway so I do not see this as a thing since he could stall and make sure to give me a hard time to reschedule now and keep his player. I see it as a real disadvantage for the ruling cause of it.

I am going to wait 24 hours cause he deserve to be punished if his goal was to save that character but this might be the last thing il do since now I am stuck not able to play while I wait which normally i play 3 games.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Shydon, you don't need to make threads about that sort of thing. Just work it out with the administration. Insisting to finish a game is not a punishment.
I (almost) always insist on finishing games. It is the proper thing to do to finish a game you started.

That you can't play with this team is not a problem, just use a different one for the time being.
You'll have to wait longer than 24 hours to get the game played.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Shydon, you don't need to make threads about that sort of thing. Just work it out with the administration. Insisting to finish a game is not a punishment.
I (almost) always insist on finishing games. It is the proper thing to do to finish a game you started.

That you can't play with this team is not a problem, just use a different one for the time being.
You'll have to wait longer than 24 hours to get the game played.

I know but I do not play other team currently and rather not play another team then leave it aside since I am going for goal with the current one. When I am a bit less disappointed I might check the league see if anyone wants a game but I have a feeling I am going to play a team i do not want to play if I do it that way

But like I said on the blog I will wait 24 hours and will be happy to finish the game since it was a 1-1 game 4/5 turns played so its a inciting match.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Please pay attention to 2.2b (disconnection rules)... also I found that you can kind of ignore 2.2a timeline, and imidiatly write the ticket if you think that is appropriate.and just go straight to 2.2b
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

wait if he does not answer in 24 hours you still need to wait the week? I am so confuse now.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Think about it logically.
The rules are there to make you complete the game.
You have to arrange a time with your opponent and get the game played.
How do you think that will happen in the next 24 hours?
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Shyden there is no need to make long forum posts about this sort of thing as it is very close to a name and shame. Please follow the rules here. The admins will deal with your problem very well. If you have no response within 24h they will assist you with the problem as they see fit. Make sure you are nice in your PM to your opponent as you never know what may have happened. Worse case scenario something serious IRL has stopped them playing so just make sure you keep an open mind and be patient. Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity to work on your team's fluff or maybe play some of your other teams.
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. I am waiting patiently and I did not say much in the private message but simply ask if he was there like I am not going to insult the guy I was just describing the situation that it seems like it could be a advantage for him never said he was doing it on purpose.
lemf

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there, I have a problematic internet occasionally and have played many games over the last number of years. There have been disconnections due to power cuts, internet failure fire and animal intervention none of which have necessitated a concession. As a serial gridfiller and ELF player I understand that laying up a team for a while awaiting the completion of a match can delay projects or plans but creating a new team can open up new opportunities.
Being in different time zones can also make rescheduling a bit awkward however a willingness to stay up late or play during lunchtimes or even book holiday have proven useful in getting the match finished.
The system is really good and very fair
Shydeon

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand which is why I am waiting but after twenty four hours no contact is where i draw the line and since I am stuck at home cause my medical problem it is easy for me to be able to come on when he can be.
 Jump to: