48 coaches online • Server time: 11:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desultory

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No afk message, no drop, no movement on his turn.

Do I break the rules if I click timeout...?
Do I treat this as a disconnect, despite him not theoretically disconnecting...?

He returned after 10 mins stating it was a 'pc emergency for his wife'.
------------------------------------

Pretty unbelievable abuse following in this thread and others, for asking rule questions...

I'm sure "what abuse; there is no abuse here. You are a bad person so you deserve it." will be the general attitude even from the admins. But 'Passive Aggressive Behavior can be defined as a form of covert abuse' and there is a lot of it in these forums.

As usual this is turned in to a subjective moral issue, and many assumptions are made to imply I am a stupid terrible person who lacks compassion because I am asking about clicking the timeout button in various situations. Seemingly that timeout button is an indication of whether one is of higher moral worth or not. The forum posters claiming some level of moral authority: 'Do on to others','lets show compassion' etc are all but words seemingly not acted upon in reply to genuine questions and are probably more of a cloak of self image than a moral code adhered to.

This comment is especially terrible and I've seen him make plenty in other threads not just to me.

[mrt1212 wrote:
*snip*

Personally, I think he and quite a few others on here have some serious aggression / control issues that I assume they aren't able to vent in real life. There isn't a place for this kind of commentry in a 'family friendly' FUMBBL.

I find it hard to believe that I am jumped on so badly for asking about clicking the timeout button, but it is acceptable for people like mrt and a few others to behave like this. The subculture morals are deluded.

Last edited by Desultory on Dec 24, 2016 - 12:20; edited 4 times in total
Squiglet

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

As I understand it the time limit is 4 minutes of play time per turn - no movement = not playing so should not time out.

People can't always type a polite message in emergencies - think of it this way - would you pause to write 'Cat on Fire afk a min' if you had a flaming feline?

If no play for very long time I guess disconnect and PM would be the correct course of action?

Hope pc stands for personal computer and not police constable or political correctness in this case.
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What would Jesus do? Just say, 'hope everything is ok, next time it would be great if you could let me know you need to go afk.'
Don't time them out.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't time him out and just follow the disconnection rules. (Which say you have to wait 15 minutes before you do anything.)
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There's quite a long thread about it here. Maybe you're aware of it?

The question I always want to ask when these threads come up is 'why would anyone want to time out an opponent who's not there just to get a cheap win in an online board game?'

Do unto others... it's nearly Christmas! Wink

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
'why would anyone want to time out an opponent who's not there just to get a cheap win in an online board game?'

Can't be reiterated enough times.
DendraDwar

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Had to take call during a game once ... PMed my opponent explaining what happened and asked for 10 minutes ... came back and found the guy had timed me out

Do on to others, and if you don't then please do not complain when it happens to you
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

DendraDwar wrote:
Had to take call during a game once ... PMed my opponent explaining what happened and asked for 10 minutes ... came back and found the guy had timed me out

Do on to others, and if you don't then please do not complain when it happens to you

You should have reported it. Not to get any satisfaction over it, but so that the admins can explain to your opponent why he shouldn't have timed you out.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 00:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
There's quite a long thread about it here. Maybe you're aware of it?

The question I always want to ask when these threads come up is 'why would anyone want to time out an opponent who's not there just to get a cheap win in an online board game?'

Do unto others... it's nearly Christmas! Wink

I am pretty sure he is aware of that thread he wrote earlier. Please use your search function and carry on threads. If it is a valid point (which I actually do believe you are trying to make) no one will cry about a necro thread.

Save virtual trees!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

Do I treat this as a disconnect, despite him not theoretically disconnecting...?

15 mins is the disconnect time --

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

Which is your first thought:
"How can I use this situation to my advantage?"
or
"Wow, I hope everything is okay with your wife!"

Honestly, given the threads that you keep posting, it seems you are definitely in the first category. The reason people are fed up with you and your posts is because the majority of people on this site are in the second category. Let's try to show compassion for one another.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

^^ this.

choosing #2 solves almost every "problem" that desultory has ever posted about.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

For somebody who claims to not want to even read about other people talking to them you have a curious penchant for seeking attention.

DLE College 7s
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
For somebody who claims to not want to even read about other people talking to them you have a curious penchant for seeking attention.

Hipster millennials...

God save us all.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

*snip*
ea - play nice or don't play at all.
 Jump to: