42 coaches online • Server time: 00:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desultory

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty unbelievable abuse for asking simple rule questions...in this thread and others.

I'm sure "what abuse; there is no abuse here. You are a bad person so you deserve it." will be the general attitude even from the admins. But 'Passive Aggressive Behavior can be defined as a form of covert abuse' and there is a lot of it in these forums.

As usual this is turned in to a subjective moral issue, and many assumptions are made to imply I am a terrible person who lacks compassion because I am asking about clicking the timeout button in various situations. Seemingly that timeout button is an indication of whether you are of higher moral worth or not. The forum posters claiming some level of moral authority: 'Do on to others','lets show compassion' etc are all but words seemingly not acted upon in reply to genuine questions.

This comment is especially terrible and I've seen him make plenty in other threads not just to me.
mrt1212 wrote:

*snip*

Personally, I think he and quite a few others on here have some serious aggression / control issues that I assume they aren't able to vent in real life. There isn't a place for this kind of commentry in a 'family friendly' FUMBBL.

I find it hard to believe that I am jumped on so badly for asking about clicking the timeout button, but it is acceptable for people like mrt and a few others to behave like this. The subculture morals are deluded.

Last edited by Desultory on Dec 24, 2016 - 12:12; edited 1 time in total
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What part is it that you don't understand?

Not moved, spoke etc. Hmmm something maybe wrong. Why would you timeout?

If they were still moving etc then feel free to hit that button.

If not, There is a process to follow for a disconnection.
And after nearly 900 games on this site, I would have thought you would know that.

Not rocket science is it?

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It is always nice to be told that your opponent will be AFK but realistically is not always possible. None (or at least very few) of us know what is happening in RL in front of the computers of other coaches. Stuff happens (emergencies, partners, crying kids, burning cats, goldfish rampaging through the house etc). Try not to mash the timeout button if stuff might be happening.

TLDR: be nice. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
Pretty unbelievable abuse for asking simple rule questions...in this thread and others.
Yes. How embarrassing. Apologies.
Let's move on and forget about this thread then. Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

*snip*

That one is a bit strong. Admins?

I assume the answer is treat it like a disconnect.

Going AFK so that the opponent gets fed up and quits is pretty common in some games. It is against the rules on Fummbl though. It would take more that one 10 minute pause to warrant a ticket though.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

That one is a bit strong. Admins?

I assume the answer is treat it like a disconnect.

Going AFK so that the opponent gets fed up and quits is pretty common in some games. It is against the rules on Fummbl though. It would take more that one 10 minute pause to warrant a ticket though.

It's a rarity that some one can see the other side of the story here. I was getting the impression that every AFK is some kind of emergency that one has to have compassion about.

a 'bit' strong....!?
If someone said that to many people in real life, they would be in hospital.

Clearly admins don't see anything wrong with that kind of behavior or he wouldn't be here by now. There are multiple threads where he has written similar comments not just to me. I could name a few other coaches that do similar... or point in the direction of blogs and threads with that kind of distasteful spitefulness.

Last edited by Desultory on Dec 24, 2016 - 13:42; edited 1 time in total
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Right.

I've had enough of this crap now.

If you do not have anything constructive to say then keep quiet. Don't post for the sake of seeing your own name in the forum.

Abuse stops now. Any abuse I see directed at anyone gets deleted and expect some time off from the site. And this goes for all forum threads and blogs.

Desultory - If you have issues with how people have spoken to you then raise a ticket. Don't whine on the forums. The time out guidelines have been explained several times to you now. If you need further clarification then send a member of staff a PM and they will help.

Merry Christmas guys. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
I was getting the impression that every AFK is some kind of emergency that one has to have compassion about.

On Fumbbl it generally is. If someone is messing about then report them and they'll be dealt with.

I think that you have commented about hiding the chat box. If you do that you won't see the opponent's explanation, if there is one.

That might have something to do with some of the saltiness.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Right.

I've had enough of this crap now.

If you do not have anything constructive to say then keep quiet. Don't post for the sake of seeing your own name in the forum.

Abuse stops now. Any abuse I see directed at anyone gets deleted and expect some time off from the site. And this goes for all forum threads and blogs.

Desultory - If you have issues with how people have spoken to you then raise a ticket. Don't whine on the forums. The time out guidelines have been explained several times to you now. If you need further clarification then send a member of staff a PM and they will help.

Merry Christmas guys. Sit back, relax and enjoy.

The forums generally do a great job of answering rule questions. People like Wreckage, throwreck and Mattdakka, Koadah and others I can't think of off the top of my head, are massive assets to the site in that regard.

Implying that I Whine in the forums is also a form of abuse.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, don't try and rules lawyer me.

I was not implying what I said. It's a fact. Like I also said, if you have concerns with what people have posted then raise a ticket and we will deal with it. Don't react to it on the forums as it will just spiral out of control.

The majority of people that post in the forums are helpful, there are a few very active trolls around, don't feed them.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

That might have something to do with some of the saltiness.

I understand completely what led to me being widely disliked. But this type of behavior isn't in isolation towards me, and 'Saltiness' tones down the severity of it.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say widely disliked. Just a few vocal few.