60 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Whirling Death had one of the alltime greatest woodelf catchers in faction Scealon II.He started out as any other normal woodelf catcher, it wasn't until late in his carear that he developed into a fully fledged legend. After training his agility to a very high level, he decided to be a force on defence training himself to allways stay within the opposion recievers and making sure that the ball could not be passed his way without extreeme precision. He even leaped over players in his way if it would enable him to get near the ball. Then disaster struck, during windsprint practise he got a nagging injury, that would haunt him for the rest of his carear. But in the same time he was able to score in mere seconds if the team needed him to. The team suffered dearly from several deaths and retirments over the course of a few games, leaving scealon and a few of the other veterans. It was after these retirements that Scealon really started to shine as the legend he was roaming the entire field when he was able to play that is. But in the end the team management decided to let him retire in honour of his great carear. In doing so making room for new blood to take over. The team is really going to miss his precense on the field.

not only was he a oneturner but he also had the dreaded combination of passblock, catch, leap and ag 5, which meant that if you didn't have safethrow almost no passes would go by him without being intercepted!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1300470
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=108281
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You'd think he'd have more interceptions than he did...guess the opposition didn't throw his way too often...nice player, musta been fun to use.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

He was the only woodie I ever cheered for.

It helps though that he mostly struggled with his vastly outnumbered team though.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

he would have at least 5 more interceptions if it hadn't been from safethrow. But generally they did everything to not pass over his head. And he alone was the difference when i played 5 woodies vs an entire chaos team. Simply because of his leaping ability and his nose for the ball
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't you just hate safe-throw? I've lost count of the number of picks I'd've had if not for that blasted skill. So, I go out and get it on my own skaven thrower. Next time he gets intercepted, I roll safe-throw...and roll a 1, still get intercepted. He then got niggled and retired later that game. What a waste.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Don't you just hate safe-throw? I've lost count of the number of picks I'd've had if not for that blasted skill. So, I go out and get it on my own skaven thrower. Next time he gets intercepted, I roll safe-throw...and roll a 1, still get intercepted. He then got niggled and retired later that game. What a waste.

But you can reroll the safe throw roll, can't you? A very useful skill for a dedicated thrower in any case.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yes you can but then you just roll another 1

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

With the Vault, Safe Throw will become a straight AG-check (i.e. 4+ for AG 3, 3+ for AG 4), and can't be used against players with Very Long Legs, I think. Reasonable change, Safe Throw is somewhat ridiculous right now.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds better than now, where it safes a lot of interceptions!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
With the Vault, Safe Throw will become a straight AG-check (i.e. 4+ for AG 3, 3+ for AG 4), and can't be used against players with Very Long Legs, I think. Reasonable change, Safe Throw is somewhat ridiculous right now.

Shocked Shocked Shocked You re right, gutter runner need to be improve... they re clearly so unpowered Laughing Laughing I agreed about the Ag roll by the way...

Hope it will never happen in LRB...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_QB wrote:
sounds better than now, where it safes a lot of interceptions!!!

Interceptions rock, and I wish they were worth more than they are now SPP-wise.
 Jump to: