55 coaches online • Server time: 12:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2017 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBLPlus Development Forum

Discussion about the FUMBBLPlus backend, API, and about other technical stuff is done there.

Tutorials:

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Jan 06, 2017 - 08:19; edited 2 times in total
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2017 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty cool. Curious how you setup the backend.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Tutorial added: Joining to FUMBBLPlus with Your Project

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Adam, I can't even begin to imagine the time you have put into this (and others). Thank you. It is quite beyond me in terms of technical ability to add anything but I will watch, support and make use of the lovely goodies still to come!!

T

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely this may be too technical for some but I believe it is not for at least the 50%. By looking at the commands and the terms it may be a terrific first read. However, I believe it is easier than it seems. Plus it have other benefits. Using a version controlled system is the best way to work on any plain text format (and not only program codes: manuscripts, recipes, poems, todo lists and countless other contents).

Jekyll (+ Liquid) + Markdown which is the engine of GitHub Pages utilizes this power for static web pages. By putting the effort of learning them opens the possibility of making any number of beautiful zero-cost webpages with github.io (or your own) domain.

There are many thousands of software homepages and blogs hosted this way.

Look at the templates HERE.
Most of them are hosted on GitHub. That case, by clicking the Fork button you already have a webpage.

To add content you should follow the above tutorial and getting familiar with Markdown syntax.

For most people, what missing are effort and time.

So the above tutorial is not only the way of joining to FUMBBLPlus but also a guideline to a more general knowledge.

I am plannig to add demo contents for the most common cases starting with a single text page. Surely you can make a Note on FUMBBL as well, but I would like to provide an alternative.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

it's all magical gibblegabble to me, just like the magical elves in this box that send the typed words across this thing called the ETHER webs.

Jump to: