77 coaches online • Server time: 21:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else bought the new bloodbowl board game? I opened it today and the players are in three bits and are basically impossible to assemble. Even if I tried gluing them the bits that look like they are supposed to fit together don't. Why on earth did they suddenly feel the need to make every player three parts? Anyone else experienced this or got any sensible suggestions?
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It wasn't the easiest but it worked for me. A few of them go together in ways that weren't what I originally thought.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You get what you pay for I guess.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you glue them then Harad?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I found them extremely easy to stick and click together. Perhaps you are trying to assemble to wrong parts? Ive been cutting and modding many of the figs, as I have two sets of everything.

Jeffro
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

WHAT? assembly required? ARE THERE EVEN BATTERIES?

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Really - literally took me 30 minutes to put both teams together... Only needed about 5 dabs of glue as well
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir you are a clumsy goof. Stick to pixels.

You coming to the nafc? I am going, but gave moved to Cambridgeshire, so not able to offer accommodation.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't glued them yet. A) easier to take apart when painting to get to fiddly bits and B) haven't seemed to need it so far.

Not meaning to sound patronising but have you have checked the bit of the rule book which makes sure you put the right pieces together? They are numbered on the plastic where they come off.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't have any problems. Humans went together without glue but the Orcs needed gluing.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
I didn't have any problems. Humans went together without glue but the Orcs needed gluing.

Same for me. The human heads were interesting though.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I started on the Orcs so that might explain my problems. If Humans are better that at least gives me hope. Yes I did find the numbers Smile No Pete I'm not planning on attending any 'real' tournies any time soon. Good luck with the Dark Elves I assume you'll take. I'm taking Dark Elves to the Warpstone - would be nice to finally play you in one at some point.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a guide in the back of the rule book telling you which pieces go together...

Oscar Wilde
JackH

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I really liked them, easy to work with and convert. They were very stabby though.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2017 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JackH wrote:
I really liked them, easy to work with and convert. They were very stabby though.

I am so glad it wasn't just me! I was thinking 'I must be holding this wrong.' Haha, that made me giggle.