42 coaches online • Server time: 20:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the FUBAR cup this time?
Humanity shall prevail
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
ARR'll be havin it!
45%
 45%  [ 17 ]
*burp* the pie's fubar'd? what?
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A Cabinet trundles forward, and from behind a goblin head pokes out... "Er, we'll juz leaves it 'er then guv? But what about dem Drifters, won't they notice?"

'Yes, yes, now get off back to Gombodia before anyone asks any questions like "where's our shiny trophy"'

-----

Welcome ladies and gents, scourge and vagabonds, rookies and vets, legends and er, myths? Come one, come all, witness the show! Take part in the revelry, engage the dance and whirl the mayhem!

For this is none other than the circ... tournament of FUBAR!

Once again the puny humies are outnumbered! 14/41... and er, once again their teams look effing terrifying in comparison XD

I'm not going to do any predictions for the matches, since Harad has told me if I do, he's going to hunt me down and feed my own fingers after what happened last time I predicted anything for his teams.

So instead, I'll pick out some "ones to watch" in each round.

Blood Dolls Society vs Nuevo Ricos
A really nice vamp team here, versus a team that is seemingly always near the top when they sprint.. Okostomi's Nuevos Ricos. Inducements will make this interesting for sure, but it could swing either way...

Sons of Brutus vs NinJazz
In the Red Corner, at 2150 ppo... er, TV... One of humanity's finest, possibly even a contender for the finest. The SoB have played over 900 games in the box, have previously won XFL human, taken a Crown of Sand Qualifier, been the WoC Champions of Tzeentch... and have booted the proverbial out of more cpombers than I can remember.
Up against them are some poor git's 1970tv fro... Oh nuffle it's Cdassak! The breakARR of FUMBBL brings his frogs into this as past WoC VI: Favoured Of Slaanesh finalists, as well as numerous brawl appearances. And victories over the Vault Tec Squad and Cathay Cobras, as well as Äkta Människor... so a chance to add another massive human trophy here!

Tie of the round potentially in this humble boggart's opinion.

-------

That's all for this small collection, but if you've any games you want to hype up yourself, some smack to talk to your opponent, or even just make observations like "Harad is a lucker", feel free have in!

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up!

I think my gobbos have to be the favorites to win it now. After being "eliminated" by foul play and cheating High Elves, my team has plenty of time to lobby the trophy-handing out committee and I am led to believe that we will earn our rightful trophy regardless of who "wins" the rest of the tournament! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Whalelfs take the first match home.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3865844
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my 7-game Underworld team has drawn a peach of a first-round match. How do you rate my chances?

(they didn't call this the fubar cup for nothing ..) Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll hasn't got tackle either!

I give you about 2% chance

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh ... yeah! Hmm .. we'll probably just foul lots and see what happens Twisted Evil

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Ohh ... yeah! Hmm .. we'll probably just foul lots and see what happens Twisted Evil

That is my tactic every time I see someone pile on!

Good luck Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rise Like A Phoenix II pull an Elf-style comeback in an overtime nailbiter, eliminating HLP heroes Blackbox SWAT. The loss of our sacker really hurts though, after losing our hitter in the FC. We're in a sorry shape.
jdm

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccs B Team vs Sabre Mountain Shakers, tomorrow at 15.30 bbtime.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

worst ever Box Human Team beats an underwaarrld team in this match.
Next one up...Cathay Cobras in a HLP derby of teams with similar build ups...

Last edited by sonrises on Jan 19, 2017 - 09:11; edited 1 time in total
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sonrises wrote:
worst ever Box Human Team beats an underwaarrld team in this match.
Next one up...Cathay Cobras in a HLP derby of teams with similar build ups...

You're talking about perms here, right? Wink

That's a real treat of a match-up, might be one to watch for the 2nd round Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Oi!
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So guys, we've had some teams race ahead of others in terms of rounds played, and some still leisurely plotting their way through the rounds. What's been the big stories, and who're the ones to watch?

Well, in our first bracket of teams, we've already got our first quarter final drawn. TykoonFranky's Humains du Barthas have laid down the pain on some flings, and proved too smooth for the high elves of Coca Loca, a very confident and cheeky reverse play after Gandalf was called in from the sidelines proving decisive.
They'll face Verminardo's Rise Like a Phoenix II, who've been quite badly bashed in both their games so far, but as usual, the show has went on! This time around the damage was limited to a mere MNG on a rookie blitzer, but this set of High Elves will be looking wearily at their next opponents and wondering exactly what they might get to level the field...

Elsewhere tournament continues for the Sabre Mountain Shakers vs another set of humans... Death Upon Us (who have two Ogres of their own), Hopeless Brigade face the Knights of the FUMBBL Order, there's the all-ARR clash of Must Try HARRder and Nuevo Ricos...

Tonight's big tie will be Sonrises Human Rage vs Balle2000's Cathay Cobras, all of ARR will breathe a collective sigh of relief when one of these two roid-laden teams exits! Washington Weagles await the winner of that tie.

And as we swing past the lower brackets, we'll notice some big names lurking in the mists. The breakARR of FUMBBL's Ninjazz have been quietly disposing of HLP opposition (2 for 2!) and will face either another in Rabe's Badge Hunters or it could be an all-ARR clash with the mighty Counting on the Count...

Speaking of big names lurking in the mist, the bottom rung is currently occupied by the Kingston Kruelty who next face fellow humans Low Maintenance. Both have been quietly going about their business, efficiently and ruthlessly. Another tie to watch.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

worst ever Box Human Team beats Cathay Cobras in a 2.15 hours OT HLP derby BB marathon.
Next one up...Washington Weagles for a HLP vs ARR classic match up.

Last edited by sonrises on Jan 24, 2017 - 15:42; edited 2 times in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

That replay was seriously fun to watch, good job both! Smile Grats sonrises, that's a nice team you've got there, I hear stat increases are all the rage these days. Wink
 Jump to: