48 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jubilant

Post 14 Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

An option for a prompt that says "Are you sure you want to make that dodge?" to prevent accidental dodges from misclicks.

There could be an option for how difficult a dodge you want it to open on, 2+, 4+ etc.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I can definitely see the appeal, but I think this would slow down play a great deal and be annoying. (Or maybe I dodge too much?)
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A 5+ dialog would be a pretty good idea. My own solution however is to be very deliberate with my End Move clicks. It does slow me down but when the risk is throwing the entire game away it's worth the added delay.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What is really wanted is move planning like in BB2. That's the route I would go, and something I have thought about before I saw it in BB2. It certainly would help avoid misclicks.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

gods no

misclicks are nuffle's way of eliminating the weak-minded.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say put it in as a client option; with a sub option to only be used in case the dodge roll would require an X or higher.
I wonder how hard it'd be to gather data on how often people unintentionally dodge.
jubilant

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
A 5+ dialog would be a pretty good idea. My own solution however is to be very deliberate with my End Move clicks. It does slow me down but when the risk is throwing the entire game away it's worth the added delay.

Yeah that is a good point
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it warn people about DT as well? Or is that a player-skill thing we're going to leave alone, like seeing Pass Block and Disturbing Presence and noticing the Guard before you start your blitz?

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2017 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

When we have a turn 16 chance for a handoff to win and we accidentally click move and click a square to move to there should be a message saying are you sure you want to be that dumb. I've done that more times than I would like on late night games.
Misclick 5+ dodges seem to work a lot.