52 coaches online • Server time: 23:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing a lot of ogres and vamps recently with 6 of each beast on each team.

I've found that these teams share some common tactical ground.

1. Take risks. For example, both are capable of some spectacular plays if you have the balls. I'm thinking especially of sacking ball carriers, whether with Hypno Gaze or Break Tackle.
Often opponents think a regular cage or screen is enough when it is not.

2. Take your chances. If you get the chance to score in general you should, as stalling could backfire due to Blood Lust and Bone Head. Safe stalling is still possible but less likely than with normal teams.

3. Rubbish linemen - who should be treated as disposable, throughout the game. Lose all 5 on the pitch and you should have at least 3 on the bench - lose them too and you can still win.

4. Constant re-evaluation during your own turn. You have a rough plan for the turn but it needs to be change whenever a negatrait kicks in or a gaze fails but that should not stop you trying those spectacular plays - it just means they often get scuppered without even turning over.

There are lots of differences of course.

I'd recommend playing 6 vamp teams, or ogre teams, which should have 6 ogres anyway, just for the fun when it all comes together, because they will be underdogs in most match ups.

Like Lesta Citeh, innit? Who are we, blue army!
Don't mention our away form this season!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2017 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

An Ogre team should definitely have 6 ogres, with all of them on the pitch whenever possible.

I don't think a Vampire team with 6 vampires is ideal. And even if you did, I sure as hell wouldn't advocate playing all 6 at once. That's a recipe for disaster.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running a 6 vamp team now and it's in the early stages but i'm doing ok-ish. A record of 6/0/6 suggests it's either a win or loss, no middle ground!
I think it can work; having played ogres so much has helped with my vamp play I think.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
I'm running a 6 vamp team now and it's in the early stages but i'm doing ok-ish. A record of 6/0/6 suggests it's either a win or loss, no middle ground!

Play Vampires in the Box, where TV management is more important than in Ranked, and you should find out that it's better to play with 5 more skilled Vampires than with 6 less skilled ones.
My anecdotal experience is that the majority of Vampire teams use 5 or less Vampires in the Box.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Good example of 6 vamps rocking well: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=695348

He likes to cut down on rerolls to keep TV manageable Wink

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: