52 coaches online • Server time: 14:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, im sure I'm missing something but when I try to use fumble icons with a custom ruleset, the icons are tiny on the pitch to the point of being unusable. I am taking the 30x30 icons from the site, should I be using a specific larger size?
Thanks in advance
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming you are talking about the sprites not the letters in circles, are your custom sprite sheets configured properly? Could you show us an example of one of the spritesheets?

If it isn't that, a screenshot of the bug in action would still help us figure out what the problem itself is.

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

...If the borders are very wide they might downscale to match the size of the image I think...
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks,
yes I'm talking about the sprites instead of the abstracted circle with letters
i have tried using both individual icons and the 4 sprite inactive/active red/blue
Image = abstract circle/letter shows
Image = abstract circle/letter (borrowed from cowheads amazing icons page)
Image = shows very small bits of the ogre top (head and shoulders)

here is what im seeing in the reserves bench
i realize this is 1/4 of the ogre head but why wouldn't the cowhead sprites be working properly then?

Thx
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 16:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What's your ruleset ID? The middle one (inactive/active red/blue) is the correct format and should work.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ruleset id 485
thx
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 16:32
FUMBBL Staff

Does your thrower icon work? TB - Spike Glennon (QB). That looks right to me.

The way I did mine was to download the images from the official ruleset (id6) and edit my icons in place of the existing ones.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2017 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

thx, ill play around with that and see if i can get it to work right. Spike is now working.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you show us a screenshot of one of the unit pages? Like so?

https://vgy.me/1In6bB.png

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 12:05
FUMBBL Staff

Player icons have a particular format you need to use, with some specific constraints.

All icons for a position must be in the same file (aka. a sprite sheet). An image must be in 4 columns, with each column having the exact same width (ie, the width of the total image must be divisible by 4). In addition to this, the image height must also be divisible by the quarter of the width.

In other words, each sprite in the sheet must be exactly square, and the image must not have any additional pixels outside of the grid of sprites.

For example, an image for a position that's individually 30x30 pixels must have an image that's exactly 120 pixels wide (or 4x30), and have a height divisible by 30 (30, 60, 90, 120, etc) pixels.

Each row of icons is one player, whereas rows are used for duplicate players of the same position. I believe this is done in sequence, so the first player on the team of a specific position will get the first row of icons. The second will get the second row, etc (wrapping back to the top if there are more players than available icons).

The images also need to be approved (manually by staff, like any other uploaded image) before they become available to the client.

The issue where you get an abstract icon fallback is probably caused by images not being approved. The large ogre icon that's cut in bits is an effect of the client thinking your square image (38x38 pixels) is an image with 4x4 icons in it, and thinks each icon is 9 pixels squared. The part that is shown is the equivalent of the third icon on the first row, which is the away-team forward-facing icons.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2017 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, if you want to know if your icons have been approved yet, check out your gallery (under the Home tab).
Images that are awaiting approval have a red border.

Bio template here.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2017 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all,
i thought i read somewhere that icons were instantly ready, didn't realize they went through the approval process also. threw me for a loop with that tool.

All the help is appreciated.
~fitz
 Jump to: