44 coaches online • Server time: 16:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gbeauvin

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So... my Goblin team got mashed up pretty good in it's most recent game, and it's effective TV is down to 810. With only 2 games under their belt, it is my understanding that they are only allowed to play matches within 10% TV... or 891.

I seem to be completely unable to start a match -- is there any way out of this short of retiring the team?

thanks,
GB
Uedder

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

1) enter a tournament

or

2) find someone in the same situation and agree a game via pm/forum
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2017 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Smacks are pretty good for that, as are Blackbox Brawls for box teams in a similar pinch. Drawn late Wednesdays.

Otherwise someone will answer you here with a similarly smashed-up team.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2017 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah, my ogre team joined them except at 740 tv. 3 ogres died in 2 games, and at 130k I couldn't quite replace them. I'm thinking it's time to retire these teams and start a more newbie-friendly race!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2017 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, gobbos and Ogres are very unforgiving for newbies (although, losing 3 Ogres in 2 games is extremely unlucky!). Depending on what style you want to play, I'd recommend Orcs for a bashing game or Dark Elves if you want to go elfy. Humans are also good all-rounders and good for learning with.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2017 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I recommend joining the 145 Club - great place for newer coaches to play against each other and learn Smile

gbeauvin

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2017 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, JellyBelly! I hadn't heard of the 145 club, but that sounds like exactly where I belong (CR 143... hrm...).
gbeauvin

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2017 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Went with humans as a sort of 'learning' team... one in the 145 club and 1 for ranked battles. Is it a mistake not to start with an Ogre on a human team?
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2017 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

gbeauvin wrote:
Went with humans as a sort of 'learning' team... one in the 145 club and 1 for ranked battles. Is it a mistake not to start with an Ogre on a human team?

Not a mistake. Both methods are viable.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2017 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not essential, but I personally like the Human Ogre - gives them some useful muscle Smile

gbeauvin

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly my human team also had a run of bad luck with a dead blitzer and a schlew of injuries... orcs it is! First game with the orcs is the only game I've ever played without lasting casualties Smile. Definitely less frustrating not to have to replace players after every game.
 Jump to: