36 coaches online • Server time: 14:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notgivingname

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2017 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc 0-16 50K 5/3/3/9 Thrall G/ASP
Boar 0-2 100K 6/4/3/8 Sprint, Sure Feet, No Hands, Bloodlust SA/GP
Big 'Un 0-2 120K 5/4/1/9 Break Tackle, Juggernaunt, Bloodlust, Thrall GS/SP
Warboss 0-1 160K 6/5/2/10 Mighty Blow, Leader, Juggernaut, Disturbing Presence, Bloodlust, Thrall GS/AP

Rerolls 70K
Apothcary: Yes

Background: Orcs were, along with the dwarves, the very first blood bowl players. Ever since, Orcs have been a common sight on the field, leading victory after victory over the twisted remains of their foes. Yet, the Orc hierarchy of old was left out of this new bloodshed. The Orc Boar Boyz had to leave their treasured mounts at home. Big Un's were routinely passed over for Black Orcs. Warbosses became coaches but felt increasingly left marginalized as all the glory went to Orc Blockers, Passers, and even Goblins.

Fed up with the status quo, Warbosses have now rallied their own teams over the remains of orc society loyal to them, and led the team on the field. However, the Warbosses do not command the respect they once did, which only amplifies the desires of those below to become the new Warboss.

Rational:

Bloodlust/Thrall here does not represent any actual blood sucking, but the Orcs tendency to infight/the Boars barely controlled animal nature, similar to the Secret League Demons of Khrome Team.

The Linemen thus are standard Orcs with thrall. They are not strong enough to try fighting their betters but will get hit plenty.

The Boars, like Bull Centaurs, get Sure Feet/Sprint from their four legs. However, they still are an animal, so they do not have access to general skills, so they have to make do with Strength and Agility.

The Big Un's are the biggest and strongest Orcs behind their warboss. I considered making them five strength, but that would make the Warboss strength Six and I felt that was pushing it. Instead, they Big Un's start out with two strength skills, along with a price increase. They have bloodlust because they want career advancement, yet thrall so they are kept in line.

Finally, we have the Warboss himself. Large and in charge who inspires fear in both his enemies and his own troops. Leader, Mighty Blow, Distrubing Presence and Juggernaunt were a must for him. However, unlike Secret League's Bloodthirster, which no one would dare attack, the Warboss is always at risk of being killed by one of his own troops who wants to become the new Warboss.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

This is very amusing Smile I can see the big'uns punching up each other too! Hehehe!

Looks fairly balanced. Not sure why the leader has thrall too however. I'd suggest he is underpriced. The rest look alright. Orcs might be underpriced (6/3/3/7 would be 40k. You've added 2 AV and -1 MV), but then again with that much bloodlust on the team it might actually be fair.

I'm not sure the boar skills synergise well - sprint and sure feet are ideal for ball carriers hoping to score. With no hands it makes their use very, very limited e.g. chasing after an enemy player to put a tacklezone on them or perhaps blitz them. This is made even more unreliable cause of bloodlust. I'd probably never recruit one. Maybe remove no hands and have them be a boar riding orc instead?

Love the fluff!
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader has thrall because of the nature of orc society, beat the warboss to become the warboss, Even warbosses are targets for an orc who thinks he's bigger/stronger. Fits fluff
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats pretty nice though i tend to agree about the boars
frenzy juggernaut seems more fitting and tempting to blitz with if they fail bloodlust

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well yes, but the big guys will never hit the big guys while there are linemen on the pitch (who would choose to do that?), so half the fluff (fight the war boss! etc) will never actually happen

nice idea tho

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If you BH the Warboss, do you become the new Warboss?

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2017 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
If you BH the Warboss, do you become the new Warboss?

I would totally be open to a custom rule set where, if a Big Un' kills a Warboss, the Big Un' becomes the team's Warboss (transfering all non-starting skills and stat increases to this new Warboss).

However, I know that would be an absolute nightmare to implement on the fumbbl client and even the table top. It would also be such a rare situation I am not sure it would be worth it.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The target is only ever badly hurt, not killed, I thought? No way to kill the war boss with your own guys.
Notgivingname

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Guardikai wrote:
The target is only ever badly hurt, not killed, I thought? No way to kill the war boss with your own guys.

...So it does... >_>
DatMonsta

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea!
 Jump to: