71 coaches online • Server time: 21:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sebco

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:

1: you can mono-activate a huge 100+ game killer team and get constantly unfair matches in your favour, because most people aren't even activating the big killer teams they have, and plenty of coaches just don't have anything that big anyway.

2: you can build tiny 11-man killer teams with no team RR and a Leader that will play around 1400 against teams with no real development to counter that. Sometimes old teams end up there by chance, other teams are just very careful about any TV growth.

I didn't think about all the consequences and don't know how Black Box had functionned before (maybe it have already been tested). But wouldn't it be simpler to let the computer chose matchs by number of games played by each team?
-teams with 0 games play together
-teams with 1 game play together
-teams with 2-3 games play together
-teams with 5-7 games play together
-teams with 8-11 games play together
-teams with 12-16 games play together
-teams with 17-22 games play together
-teams with 23-29 games play together
-teams with 30+ games play together

So you would have same kind of opponents as in leagues with imposed calendar. Minmaxing then would be a choice but not a mean to face rookie teams with well developped teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduler TV gap cap (it should be 430-450 TV difference in my opinion).
430 because is the minimum to induce Morg'n'Thorg, while 450 is a rounded up value.
This to prevent ridiculous mismatches when high TV teams mono-activators play during low traffic timezones.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2017 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What if, if the scheduler can't find two suitable matches from 4 or more coaches, it instead scheduled one suitable match if possible? This would keep gaming the box just about as hard as it is now, and would allow for some matches to be scheduled if MattDakka's TV gap cap, say, denies a team any matches.