40 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2017 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you play on FUMBBL in the American time zone? Are you tired of waiting for ever just to get a game? Sick of the enormous black hole in your life that is the conspicuous lack of a NA time zone Secret League league?

Well, in that case, look no further than:

The first and (currently) only SL league in the NA time zone. You will have the chance to compete for:

Conquest and glory!

Crown of the Americas

Glitzy player prizes!

Golden ball of Shak'rilak

And, as if that wasn't enough, you may also be lucky enough to stumble upon ...

... ancient Lustrian treasures!

Sacred idol of Potzipanzi

So, the only question is - what are you waiting for?! Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Feb 13, 2017 - 01:22; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2017 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Copy & paste from the 'info' tab on the group page:

Secret League Americas is an American-timezone league that uses the Secret League ruleset. Detailed info on Secret League can be found here - essentially, it comprises some 70+ custom team rosters that can be used, in addition to the 24 standard Blood Bowl rosters and the Simyin roster (which has been available in the FUMBBL [L] division for some time).

League Structure and Scoring:

It is intended that SLA will be a promotion/demotion round robin league with weekly rounds - each round starting on a Monday. Round deadline dates will be posted here once the season has started. For the first season, I will wait and see how many coaches apply, before making a decision on the exact structure. If we get at least 16 coaches then I will aim to set up East- and West-coast divisions (similar to the NWL), with an end-of-season play-off to determine the overall league winner (as well as silver/bronze trophies).

Scoring will be 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. However, there will also be 'player prizes' awarded at the end of the season (see the Booty tab for more details). Teams will be awarded +1 to their season score for each player prize they possess; however, there will only be 1 of each player prize for the whole league (regardless of no. of divisions).

Further to this, there will also be items of 'lost treasure' that can be uncovered during the course of a season (again, details can be found in the Booty tab). There will be one of these per division and any team that possesses a lost treasure at the end of the season will be awarded +2 to their season score.

League Rules:

1. Only 1 team of each roster will be accepted (after all, there are ~100 different teams to choose from!). This may be reviewed at a later date, if we end up with a large number of coaches.
  2. Standard rosters will be welcome, however at least two thirds of the teams must be Secret League teams (it is supposed to be a Secret League league!). The League Commishioner may refuse entry to standard rosters if we have too many.
  3. Turn time limit will be 4 minutes (FUMBBL standard).
  4. Concessions are allowed, however if a team concedes then, along with the usual penalties, the opposing team will also steal any 'loot' that the conceding team had.
  5. Both teams will be given 50k extra at the start of each game, which they can use to purchase a special play card.
  6. Claw and piling on work as normal. However, Right Stuff prevents tackle on blocks and banned Sneaky Git players will be sent to the KO box, rather than being sent off.

How to join SLA:

• The league is open to all coaches that are able to play games in American-timezone evenings (approx. GMT-9 to GMT-4). In terms of bbtime, that is approx. 00:00 to 07:00.
  • To sign up for the inaugural season, please make a post in this thread, stating the roster you would like to play and your preference of East/West coast. Roster assignment will be on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to the rules above.
  • Once your choice of roster is approved, you will need to create a new team using the Secret League ruleset (there is a link at the top of the group page) and apply it to the group.

meatball20

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2017 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to sign up and try a Were team
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! I assume that'll be east coast then?

Btw, I'm hoping to kick off Season 1 next weekend, if we get enough people sign up.

Notgivingname

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2017 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this for new teams or experienced teams?

Necrarch, West.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Notgivingname, ideally I'd like it to be new teams for the first season, so everyone is on a level playing field. I might consider allowing experienced teams in at some point in the future, if there is enough demand.

Hmm, Necrarch .. haven't played against them before, but they look pretty good Smile

meatball20

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, sorry, I'd prefer East. Thanks.
Pizzapocalypse

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I live at GMT-5, but I work third-shift so 02:00 to 14:00 server is off-limits due to work starting Monday night to Saturday morning (weekends are more flexible). I sometimes stay on from 14:00 to 19:00 server, and other times I go to bed right after work and go on later.

I'm not sure if my schedule could work for this league, or what team to choose at the moment (probably something bashy).
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pizzapocalypse,

Are you able to play between 00:00 and 02:00 bbtime? That's 6-8pm EST so, if you have fairly good availability over the weekend, I think we can give it a try. Would be good to have you on board Smile

thoralf

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Do I need to create a team for this league, or can I haz a new SL team I already created?

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi thoralf, ideally I'd like to have all new teams for the first season, with pre-existing teams being allowed to join later, once the new teams have some development behind them.

Although, I have an open mind and if a lot of people want to use their existing SL teams, then I could be persuaded Smile

frzntoz

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join and play a Centigor team. I'm in MST, so west works best but can work with east if they are at the later end.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose you answer my question, JellyBelly - there's no need to create a team via the "create a team" button on the league page to have a valid team.

I have themes for Snakemen, Tilea, Zoat, Nippon and Slayers.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I can give it a shot for a season. If it doesn't work out, then I'll quit.

As for what I was thinking about playing, I had an interesting idea and it involved Sea Elves, so I will go with that.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2017 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks frzntoz - glad to have you on board Smile

@thoralf: I'd like to wait for a few more responses before I make a firm decision on it. If I do allow existing teams then there will certainly be a TV/TW cap, probably around 1300.

Does anyone in particular object to having pre-existing teams for the first season?

Jump to: