38 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2017 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to me elves have been doing very well in the majors recently in general. So much for CPOMB dominance, eh? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Any Rawlf predictionsâ„¢???!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some odd stuff happening in Qual III - the fix is in for the WMD's!

Join the Human League Premiership!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Any Rawlf predictionsâ„¢???!

I meant to answer CroixFer's optimistic report of how successful the Woodelf teams are with a remark about Stonetroll, whose 10tacle Experiment has not taken to the pitch yet.

So there. I predict 10tacle will eat the Loren Tree Swingers as an appetizer, have Ruette Asylum as the main dish and finnish off with Golden October as dessert winning Qualifier II.

*jinx*
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if your nasty one turner dies on a GFI. Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't we have a similar prediction about Stonetroll's Nurgle team in the WO and it turned into an upset? Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

YFI the Calendar is updated, sorry for taking a break Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo's first game, against gaulois' rookie orcs yesterday was tougher than expected. He had a whole truckload of inducements, including Morg, chainsaw, wizard, 2 bribes ... although we managed to get through, thanks in no small part to 2 kick-off blitzes(!). Still, it seemed like those rookies were hitting hard, with the elves taking 2 perms on AG5 players (Zangief dying for a second time).

We've got a High Elf showdown against tmoila's ß in the second round. Should be a good game Smile

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
kwèk

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kens' Hadoken did look more like a Handocan't
And Zangief won't twirl annymore Sad

But gratz on the win! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2017 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So... when are the whale elves going to play against those Strawdawgs?

My own high elves have just started to discover their true ambitions and are eager to bash some more wolves - or their bloated cousins! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BLASENSKY'S BLOG FROM THE CROWN OF SAND

Blood Bowl fans, your man Blasensky is back to bring you some live coverage from the final draw of the Crown of Sand. The first Box Major of the year, held in the Khemri desert, has been completely under the radar for most Blood Bowl fans this year, what with the massive cataclysms happening all around. A recent survey revealed that 9 out of 10 Fumbblers didn't even know that the CoS was running. I've only recently arrived at the oasis and found only a few tents scattered about. They belonged to a ragged band of outcasts, the last survivors of the once proud HLP supporters' crowd, who still have a promising contender in the race.

But let's have a look at the teams left in the draw. The first match was already played when I arrived, as I got delayed en route (not my fault really, I couldn't have known she was a witch and anyway it was worth it, but I digress). The once glorious Burn Notice made a notable entry winning the Skaven/Dark Elf/Elf qualifier, but they are really only the shattered ruins of a team, coach Azure apparently no longer bothering with team building and just riding the horse until it breaks down. To his credit, it took him farther than anyone expected. But the heavyweight Lizardmen, Hessen Clowns, proved too much for them. Those Reptiles played an XFL-style qualifier and triumphed over some notable opponents, watch out for them!

They will be facing the winner of a classic Elf Bowl. The High Elves of Coca Loca BBL are fielding an impressive array of permanent injuries and stat increases against the Luckville Dodgers, a sleek Wood Elf team fielding a natural one-turner (why didn't BB16 do away with those while they were at it I wonder?) and coached by Rawlf who recently got his first Major trophy, also with Woodies. It's going to be very hard to stop those guys, not even the Nurgle of 10tacle Experiment managed it in the qualifier final. Coca Loca are holding up the ARR flag in the main draw but they actually lost their qualifier final against some Necros so the ARR supporters all went home. We can only speculate what strings Coca Loca pulled to get the Necros evicted from the main draw, possibly playing on some internal feud with the Tomb Kings…

The HLP fans are holding out for the Widow's Sons, who destroyed the hopes of the local crowd beating their Khemri opponent in the qualifier finals. They are scheduled against the Bolonia Club Band, winner of the Chaos Dwarf/Amazon/Halfling qualifier, which was fun for the Chaos Dwarf fans only. Two teams that the connoisseur will have heard of before. For both of them it will be the first match of the post-PO era, and it's going to be interesting to see how they cope. With the Wizard no longer available, the more heavyweight Humans could have an edge but it could easily go either way.

And last not least, former Black Cup winner Negative Purple are facing the Invincible Soldiers, some Shambling Undead that, as the only team of those left in the draw, somehow managed to avoid Expensive Mistakes and save a MASSIVE treasury. The game looks a real treat for the fans, with Major winning coaches on both sides and pretty evenly matched teams, but could easily turn into an OUTRAGE that Fumbbl will be speaking of for ages to come. Will coach Tricktickler spend A MILLION CROWNS and induce the Count or Ramtut and a whole bunch of bribes and cards? Will the tourney administration intervene? And if they do, will the masses, already enraged by all the changes and changes to the changes, cry NEPOTISM, spreading silly conspiracy theories about coach PurpleChest pulling strings due to his past in tourney administration? Watch out for this one, Blood Bowl fans, it might go down in history.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 18:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Negative Purple are facing the Invincible Soldiers in about an hour at 20:00 bbtime.

As we were scheduled already the Shambling Undead avoided the post game EM roll. It will be interesting to see what they do with that HUGE cash pile.

Honour or victory?

What would you do?

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

THE SUSPENSE! Very Happy
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no honour w/o victory.

Or is it the other way around?

INDUCE ALL MENZ!!!!

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Vermindardo, there's more intrigue afoot with me vs. Rawlf. You see, the game was completely upended by the histrionics of Eldril and his rabid supporters when he failed to prevent a pass using pass block. Riots broke out as the 2-2 tie would seemingly disappear for the woodies and official rushed in to protect both player and fan alike from the wanton harm happening in the stands.

Rawlf, so appalled by both the behavior of Eldril and his own fans felt best to not to stoke the flames.

(game is stuck in invalid state because Eldril failed a passblock move and Rawlf was very magnanimous in eating the game given the circumstances)
 Jump to: