Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Mar 09, 2017 - 06:29
Boardball Feature Requests in order of preference
- Ability to hide team options (skill assignment) from other players. This would prevent our players to peek others' options and get undesirable advantage.
- Ability to set up a default round value for open play and Open Round Robin tournaments. As we use predetermined skill progression, this option would let our players to play openly with some or all of their allocated skills. We could change the conditions after a certain time to provide a new kind of experience for them. Without this option, open play is not very engaging in Boardball as all games must be played with skill-less stones (players). It would also make us able to apply that rule to Open Round Robin tournaments with 3, 5 players and thus let them to arrange their required matches in any order.
- Ruleset/Team Settings/Progression/Predetermined/Skills per Player:
Ability to set limit for each round with a comma separated list like for Skills. This would let us to set a increasing skill limit per round and prevent the allocation of too many skills on a stone (player) for early rounds still it would let our members to allocate many skills on a stone (player) for later rounds.
- Official relief of the Team Naming Policy.
I know noone who calls his chess knight Lancelot.
- Ruleset/Team Settings/Progression/Predetermined/Skills:
Ability to set up more skills than 9 for a single category (Normal, Double). Currently, only one character long number is working. This would let us to make tournaments where only Normal skills (14 per round) could be assigned.
- FFB Client: Fix field square mark position
This would make our board nicer.
Minor issues that would be also welcomed to get resolved:
- Ruleset or FFB client
Ability to turn off bloodspots. Preferably in the ruleset. Boardball Mod solved this issue. Still it would increase the experience of those who are spectating with the common FFB client.
- Ruleset/Client Options
Ability to set up our own pitch. Boardball Mod solved this issue. Still it would increase the experience of those who are spectating with the common FFB client.
- Roster and Position Images
Ability to assign images from gallery or use image with an explicit ID. Currently roster cloning pollutes my gallery with identical images. Another way would be to store each image only once along with its hash value and reference number. This would prevent duplicates and spare storage and admin work too.
Please remove the ugly weather indicators from the middle; there is really no need to show weather in two places.
This topic will be pinged once per tournament.