10 coaches online • Server time: 03:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post 22 Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ever find yourself in a game with someone that thinks they are Bobby Fischer? I seem to have the "nack" for picking the slowest opponents in the entire world. So lets see who has had the longest game, and who's had the longest turn ever.

I had a game that lasted 2h 45m, with an average opponent turn time of 8 minutes Evil or Very Mad
Slim-Shady

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a game before against an opponent who took like 10 minutes per turn, I thought it might have been that he had a slow comp or something - so I didn't say anything. I've played him a couple times 'cause he's a good sport, even if his turns are a bit long. I don't think the game lasted as long as yours though, it was only like 1h 45m. I don't think I've ever exceeded the 4 minute limit, although it's easy when you only have like 7 players left on the field. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the longest turn by an opponent I played was 15 minutes. After having already asked them if they were there 4 or 5 times previously I decided to wait it out without saying anything. What's really annoying is the people that take forever and yet don't really do anything that great. Where in fact in the time given you can think of 4 or 5 better things they could be doing.

But there's not really much of anything you can do about it. Just grit your teeth, smile and nod and move on with it the best you can.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2003 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, especially when they are doing something that will most likely not work, or you have already prepared for it. My favorite long turn was 6minutes and it took the guy that long to set himself up for a pass within easy range of an ag5 passblocker. The turn would have gone on for another minute, if it hadn't of been for my INT.
 Jump to: