51 coaches online • Server time: 12:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

What is happening with players that had Pile on from LRB6? Moving in to LRB7?

I'm not complaining. Just wondering, because I've got a lot player retirements to come if the skill just stays without effectively doing anything.

It would be nice to have my teams 'not ready' for playing, so I can make changes to them given the LRB7 changes. Is that a reasonable request?

Otherwise I have matches to play with each team before I can remove the pile on players, which is a bit silly. Maybe a punishment for having it in the first place Smile

Surely the change must have ruined some teams?

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My request is that players with PO have the option to reroll the skill. I do not know if that will be possible but....
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Word that I've heard is that it will stay as a defunct skill (apparently the standard FUMBBL grandfathering policy). At least for R/B teams. For leagues, it looks like it will be optional.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Dach

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds fun! more precious pixel to kill! Very Happy
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIK, they know what you rolled for the skill, so if they were to allow you to change it they would know if it was a regular/double and could change it out for similar.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Word that I've heard is that it will stay as a defunct skill (apparently the standard FUMBBL grandfathering policy). At least for R/B teams.

Can an admin confirm this pretty please? Or some one point to where this was written by Christer?

If this is the case;
Can an admin make all of my teams apart from my ranked scaven 'not ready to play' so I can adjust them to the changes?

Last edited by Desultory on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:08; edited 2 times in total
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with choosing a new skill would be all the easy SPP that were gained using PO. Just start new teams and play on.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think having the option to reroll the skill could be quite complex to code. Teams would then also be unreadied. Also it could be several months before they update anyway. If they do update the client to requiring a rr (which I don't think has been decided) it certainly will hit some teams. Personally I'm not going to choose Piling On a skill going forward, just in case. I would have thought they will go in line with the new rules eventually.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the list of changes for LRB7?

Last edited by Notgivingname on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:12; edited 1 time in total
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Severedunit wrote:
The problem with choosing a new skill would be all the easy SPP that were gained using PO. Just start new teams and play on.

Yeah sure, I've plenty of players with PO who haven't gained in excess of 10spp from it. And had to roll a double to get it.

Whatever Christer decides, we live with, but your "universal" opinion is wrong and also bloody annoying when you've got a player who's rolled 3 doubles and a stat and is now really something you need to consider cutting due to this.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
I think having the option to reroll the skill could be quite complex to code. Teams would then also be unreadied. Also it could be several months before they update anyway. If they do update the client to requiring a rr (which I don't think has been decided) it certainly will hit some teams. Personally I'm not going to choose Piling On a skill going forward, just in case. I would have thought they will go in line with the new rules eventually.

Is pile on still functioning as in LRB6 in the current client then? In which case, getting our pile on teams playing asap, makes sense.

Last edited by Desultory on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:13; edited 1 time in total
VSwift01

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

If we can choose an alternative skill to Piling On, which I think we should, then we should also be allowed to choose an alternative skill to Fend, as that is the skill chosen to counter Piling On, I know I have taken it for that reason anyway.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Desultory

It was discussed on Discord earlier.

Christer said that the grandfathering thing would apply. So the player will stay with the skill until you retire or he dies. This has been done before on fumbbl. Last time players with Razor Sharp Claws and claws ended up with two sets of claws.

I am not an admin but I did witness it coming from Christer himself.

Hope that helps knowledge wise.

This is the kind of decision that won't please everyone. Also, asking to change the skill for all the players that have it would be an epic task. So my guess is that would be out of the question.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

VSwift01 wrote:
If we can choose an alternative skill to Piling On, which I think we should, then we should also be allowed to choose an alternative skill to Fend, as that is the skill chosen to counter Piling On, I know I have taken it for that reason anyway.

Fend is useful without pile on.
Pile on is now not useful at all.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Hi Desultory

It was discussed on Discord earlier.

Christer said that the grandfathering thing would apply. So the player will stay with the skill until you retire or he dies. This has been done before on fumbbl. Last time players with Razor Sharp Claws and claws ended up with two sets of claws.

I am not an admin but I did witness it coming from Christer himself.

Hope that helps knowledge wise.

This is the kind of decision that won't please everyone. Also, asking to change the skill for all the players that have it would be an epic task. So my guess is that would be out of the question.

Thanks for confirming.

So now, the question is; does pile on still function as per LRB6 in the current client?