74 coaches online • Server time: 22:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Hi Desultory

It was discussed on Discord earlier.

Christer said that the grandfathering thing would apply. So the player will stay with the skill until you retire or he dies. This has been done before on fumbbl. Last time players with Razor Sharp Claws and claws ended up with two sets of claws.

I am not an admin but I did witness it coming from Christer himself.

Hope that helps knowledge wise.

This is the kind of decision that won't please everyone. Also, asking to change the skill for all the players that have it would be an epic task. So my guess is that would be out of the question.

Did he say if Piling on could still be selected as a new skill going forward from that change but it would be with rr required? Sounds like it wont be an option to choose.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@garyt1: Based on the chat earlier in Discord, it looked like Kalimar and Christer were working today on fully implementing the BB2016 rules, including the removal of PO. Kalimar has released the changes to the client, but Christer still needs to make some coding changes to the site to complete the switch.

@AD: I agree that it might seem a little harsh. I don't know what Christer's reasoning is, beyond past precedent (and presumably the work involved). I've got a POMB elf blitzer myself that will be affected, but I'll probably keep him because Tackle MB is still gold for elves.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:43; edited 2 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@Desultory: I believe right now PO still works per LRB6 in the client, until C completes the site changes.

@garyt1: I think he is going to remove PO entirely for R/B, as it is in the 'optional rules' section.

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:

@AD: I agree that it might seem a little harsh. I don't know what Christer's reasoning is, beyond past precedent. I've got a POMB elf blitzer myself that will be affected, but I'll probably keep him because Tackle MB is still gold for elves.

I'm not fussed about Christer's reasoning or the relative "harshness" really, what's decided is decided. That's not a complaint.

What pisses me off is people assuming every single (c)pomber is exactly the same, or paid the same price in TV/had the same skill access. Or that every coach utilised them the same way. You see it endlessly.

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Kalimar has released the changes to

Bugger...

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

Surely the change must have ruined some teams?

Ogres across the board probably have anywhere from 60-120 in useless PO.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I see a lot of retired players coming over the next couple of days.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Desultory wrote:

Good, the fewer Ogre teams the better.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment, yes

Until Christer goes 'live' with it, which is possibly later tonight

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Desultory wrote:

Good, the fewer Ogre teams the better.

Get out you old goat!
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

Bugger...

To be more specific, I believe he added the option for PO to require a team reroll (there was already an option to disable it entirely). You can see the changes he made in the FFB release notes.

BUT, afaik, PO still works as before per LRB6 right now, until Christer makes the site changes to R/B.

@AD: yeah, I see your point. When people think of PO, they automatically envision high-TV murder Chaos or min-maxed Pact.

Last edited by JellyBelly on Mar 15, 2017 - 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Desultory

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2017 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Desultory wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

Bugger...

To be more specific, I believe he added the option for PO to require a team reroll (there was already an option to disable it entirely).

BUT, afaik, PO still works as before per LRB6 right now, until Christer makes the site changes to R/B.

@AD: yeah, I see your point. When people think of PO, they automatically envision high-TV murder Chaos or min-maxed Pact.

CONFIRMED - I watched a replay of a game just played where pile on was used as per LRB6.
Pile on teams, get your games in quick then!! Smile

Another option - I gave an admin a list of my pile on teams and asked him to unready them, which he kindly did.

On the bright side. The changes mean we get to choose 3 players for MVP. That is a big plus for bash teams, and i've seen it implemented in the client, in that same game.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if anyone has already answered this, but what will be the default PO option for existing leagues and rulesets?

Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2017 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Grandfathered - To me, this would mean that the players who have PO will still have PO after the change and it will continue to work as it has in the past. However, as PO is an obsolete skill it cannot be chosen as a skill choice any longer.

Eventually those PO players will be killed off and disappear. Kind of like having 4 Norse Blitzers from previous editions or a full team of ogres.

Alternatively, players who use PO would be charged a team re-roll and grandfathering would not matter.
 Jump to: