35 coaches online • Server time: 16:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

Throweck

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

/aaaaaah

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

rename to ClawJUMB complaints thread

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

We need some Dwarf and Orc coaches to get in here and rant that they have lost their piling on but that mutants can still cut through their armour with claws like knives through butter. And they can't even stubbornly stand firm for all these juggers about.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
We need some Dwarf and Orc coaches to get in here and rant that they have lost their piling on but that mutants can still cut through their armour with claws like knives through butter. And they can't even stubbornly stand firm for all these juggers about.

It's a nice thought and all, but the Dwarf and Orc coaches already gave up a long time ago Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Woot?! Never!!

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

With less Chaos and more elves around, which forces coaches to select more Tackle than Claw, the meta should become friendlier to orcs and dwarves.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2017 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would there be less chaos?

It will just be chaos with more tackle, which will make for fewer elfs as well.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Without killers being able to pile on, they have to be left standing. If they cannot move back into safety, other bashers will hit back. Positioning becomes more important again. And since C-MB is less effective, the blitzers are much less certain to remove a player each (other) turn. I guess especially Dwarves and Orcs will find it easier to handle the situation. Maybe Chaos becomes less attractive because they'll require more skill to be played? Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
"... they'll require more skill... Smile"

I'll get my coat.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
Without killers being able to pile on, they have to be left standing. If they cannot move back into safety, other bashers will hit back. Positioning becomes more important again. And since C-MB is less effective, the blitzers are much less certain to remove a player each (other) turn. I guess especially Dwarves and Orcs will find it easier to handle the situation. Maybe Chaos becomes less attractive because they'll require more skill to be played? Smile

Maybe, but the people who want to play kill stuff will still play chaos (Nurgle/CD/...). They may kill less than they did before, but they will still kill Dwarfs and Orcs the most.

I don't disagree that making the game more positional is a good thing, I'm just not sure this really does it that well.

Because the flip side is that your Dwarfs and Orcs also no longer have their PO killers so they will kill less claw guys, and be left standing to get hit back...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

lrb4 era of orc and dorf
crp reign of cpomb
bb16 elfer is coming
Dominik

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No. The absence of Wizards and the increasing spread of Diving Tackle and Tentacles will be a high diasadvantage for Elves.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
No. The absence of Wizards and the increasing spread of Diving Tackle and Tentacles will be a high diasadvantage for Elves.

To an extent yes, but if there's more elf bodies on the pitch, you can mitigate the invocation of some of these skills. I really do hope we see a sea change in meta.

That lack of a wizard is huge though. So many games won because you could get a wizard and tilt the game early.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Rabe wrote:
"... they'll require more skill... Smile"

I'll get my coat.

Throw him out into the cold. Don't give him his coat. No coats.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Dominik wrote:

To an extent yes, but if there's more elf bodies on the pitch, you can mitigate the invocation of some of these skills. I really do hope we see a sea change in meta.

That lack of a wizard is huge though. So many games won because you could get a wizard and tilt the game early.

Will there be more bodies though?

Elfs will see a lot more tackle/MB than they used to. Maybe it's time for them to stop taking dodge?
 Jump to: