14 coaches online • Server time: 06:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

I honestly could not care less, just as I couldn't care less how mansplaining the same thing over and over again is supposed to impress anyone.

But I thought libertarians fought for market freedom. At least THAT is interesting. Honestly.

Please, do continue.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Painstate, I still feel that the opportunity cost of taking an MVP on a journey lino over another player is too much to use that specific tactic unless you are really worried about your treasury going *poof*

Well, here is how I look at.

You have a Jman who gets the MVP is way more valuable to you because the cost of regular lineman is the same and he comes with 0 SPP.

I also subscribe to the theory that every player, specifically the linemen needs at least 1 skill to become even more valuable.

A 0-5 SPP rookie lino is of very little value overall to your team. Especially if his job is just to stand on the LOS and get blown up to the RIP bin or takes a SI perm and you then promptly retire him.

Throwing rookie linos to the wolves is counter productive, not just for the team as a whole but to your limited gold treasury now.

Running a 11 man wood elf team with 4 almost permanent Jmen on the roster will always be at risk at getting short manned really fast. Sure, you got 7 studs on the team, hogging all the SPP and MVP's but the 4 jmen are a huge liability.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
VSwift01 wrote:

Well there are two things you can do.

#1 Select the Jmen for MVP. That way they your new 70K lino just needs 1SPP to get block or dodge...which in turn will increase his life span, on average. Which in turn will save you money.

Yeah but then he will have a crap name! Razz

Well, I like my Jmens names...One day a Jman will rise from the gutter and become LEGENDARY!!!!

BTW...you can switch his name if you so desire..you just click on the name field and hit delete and put in some other crappy name you have invented.

Surprised Smile

I never knew that! Thanks!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Some times I feel the power of "fluff" over come me and when I have some Jmen get put on the team for next match I write a brief 4 sentence background for him. That way all my players have something in their bio, even the lowly Jmen.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Catastrophe
Lost 680k gold
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Some times I feel the power of "fluff" over come me and when I have some Jmen get put on the team for next match I write a brief 4 sentence background for him. That way all my players have something in their bio, even the lowly Jmen.

For most of my teams I write into the JM's bio in which game they played. If it's a dwarf team that I use a specific set of player pics for, I even give them a special "journeyman" picture. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
We have EM right now.

What we don't have though is Dode.

Without Dode, the thread feels incomplete.

Brace yourselves, we'll soon need data.
Wink
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2017 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

\m/

Now, let's try again:

voodoomike?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
smallkosp lost over 6 million on a 2 roll. Now to hold my breath while I wait for sympathy Smile

how long til you pass out?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
\m/

Now, let's try again:

voodoomike?

You have to say it three times.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Now let's try this again:

Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I'm finding this conversation really interesting. We have no data on how EM and seasons etc will play out yet and it will be interesting to see. It is contrary to the apparent desire of some people to play at very high TV, and the goal is to keep teams in the 1500-2k range, so I get some of the angst. I'll be very interested to see how any Seasons solution works in a perpetual league - it's a discussion we've had with Cyanide but they are rather more workshy than Christer when it comes to implementation!
querulus

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

How much is the average winning in a game? Each team will hit a Point when they have the players they desire and cash saved in case a expensive player die. Every win on top of that will be used for inducements in standard games. A result of this will be that if you lose Heavy in a game you will be hit twice since you will be weaker in game 2 (not being able to spend on inducements). But when you select a team to play against you will notice the gold they have and expect that if they have to much that they will use it on inducements...

I do not Think this will lead to players having 16 man teams. Would be great if it did since it would give me (playing flings) lots of inducements that I can buy. A woodie with 4 additional lineman that the team does not need would give me Deeproot for free in each game.

The option to use gold for inducements is probably good for weak team as flings. If you on occasions have additional gold to spend on inducements. You will not use them facing weaker team unless you really need to... Flings lose players but they are easy to replace as long as you do not lose trees (AV10 make sure that do not happend often). When I have saved what I need to replace a tree I will be able to use my winning (that I do not need to replace a fling) on inducements against any team I face (since they are normally stronger them me...). I fear MB, tackle, Block, players MA+5... but I do not fear players on the bench...

The new rule will (unless I missunderstand it) benefit underdogs most. Cash will be possible to use in order to "top-up" and get the inducement that you need. Yes high TV teams may use it also but would you really use your gold facing a player with much lower TV or save it and use it playing a strong team? You could decide to only play weak teams and use your gold to make sure you really are able to win... But what is the fun in that and if that is your style you would have been doing it Before and the new rule will not change the outcome that much...

To sum it up. It is to early to see what the rule will do for games. But I think we all will adapt and find new ways to optimze a team. I hope that it will result in more fun games. It will make me cry more if I lose a fling since it will result in less inducement for me in my next game... I will also have to value using inducment towards replacing a player with a n...
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Honestly, I'm finding this conversation really interesting. We have no data on how EM and seasons etc will play out yet and it will be interesting to see. It is contrary to the apparent desire of some people to play at very high TV, and the goal is to keep teams in the 1500-2k range, so I get some of the angst. I'll be very interested to see how any Seasons solution works in a perpetual league - it's a discussion we've had with Cyanide but they are rather more workshy than Christer when it comes to implementation!

Well Dode, you, I and everyone else here knows that from Cyanide's point of view - given that the only new BB rule their playerbase actually has any enthusiasm for is the d3 MVP rule, it makes most financial sense not to upset the applecart before they even finish getting the teams out Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

could we be looking at a new breed of min/max teams with the new MVP, and that combined with seasons?
 Jump to: