45 coaches online • Server time: 19:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Loew

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if I missed something, so a forum post instead of a bug report:

I was surprised that the turn time was used up after I rejoined a game that I deliberatly left before. If I remember correctly, that turn should have at least 3 mins left.

a timeline for a scheduled game:
1. we played wednsday morning, started a bit later than anticipated, I had to leave earlier (stupid work, always getting in the way). I finished my turn, we agreed on "same time, next day" and said goodbey, I closed the client - to my recollection we shouldn't be more than a minute into that turn
2. next day (thursday) my internet connection was broken and I couldn't join, while my opponent waited with the client open
3. friday we play again, I start the client first, after my opponent joins, it almost directly pings for "turntime is up"
later I also notice that the client shows a ridiculous long game time (1d00h..)

It was no real problem in this game, but I am curious if others noticed something like this before - if it is a thing that happens it could lead to unfair timeouts.

addendum: the game is still going on, stupid work... (no, i like my work, but it does get in the way Wink ) - I'll add a link to the match report once it is finished
addendum 2: notice that I didn't insert snark about dominic and game time (who was not the oppenent)
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a known problem where the client does not always recognise a disconnect.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Loew wrote:
It was no real problem in this game, but I am curious if others noticed something like this before - if it is a thing that happens it could lead to unfair timeouts.

Uhm, if you have ever read any of the many forum threads about the topic whatsoever, you will know that timing someone out under conditions like these, is illegal.

And congratz, you also just figured out why.
Loew

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2017 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

wow, thanks Wreckage...as a total noob I never realized that, you are very helpfull

What I really didn't know is that the time can keep on ticking if one player explicitly closes the client - not a faulty ISP, not a short WLAN problem, but a clean exit
 Jump to: