62 coaches online • Server time: 18:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Since recent change of D3 MVP rule came in, it happens during end of game phase in client

You look through your players to decide who wants the MVP, easiest way to do that is here on this website, but that doesn't include gained SPP during the game
So you can look at players in the game client, but that's only mouse-over that gives all the info so you can see 1 player at a time

Also, you have to wait for the other person to do it first if they're player1

So it's a bit clunky, and quite a slow process. you need to get on with it though so the game can end, and coaches might be in a rush to leave etc

Is it possible this could be implemented on the webpage instead of in the game client?
Then you could do it at leisure
radge

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It might mess things up with how the game is uploaded.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

much as I might like it, it'd significantly mess with the current setup, as the uploaded game wouldn't yet have the info to process who's getting skill rolls, and the upload wouldn't represent the full end of game information yet.
given that the current system works adequately, I don't think the extra work it'd take christer to make such a system is justified.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, its perfectly fine as is

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Tip:

Most often you know guys you are you going to score with and sometimes you have mainblitzer too. Those usually get spp on decent rate.

Look before game what is your spp situation. If a certain player has skilled during game (made the Td's he was supposed to), then you can drop him from mvp contender thingy (unless you really want to boost his/her spp-rate and you basically always pick that player).

Finding the one that made random cas/vanitypass/picked scattered ball and scored in an "unplanned way" (wasn't they guy you planned to score with but was only one in range or was in most safe way to go) is quite easy after the game.

If this is too hard, then pick paper and pen (or use computers text files if you have 2 screens).

You can pretty much plan your 3 mvp contenders during the game to make the actual picking happen faster.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@kummo, i know, but that's adapting behaviour to fit with a system
it'd be better, if possible, if instead the system doesn't require that

i also like the idea of being able to take as long as you want to mull over your options. it's not a 2-player action, i don't feel there's any gameplay reason for it being in the game client

@others, i know it would depend on how much work it would require, which none of us know at the minute.
"the upload wouldn't represent the full end of game information yet" - that's exactly what i am suggesting, yes
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

just scroll over each player it shows you how many spps they have and how many they got in the game, whats the problem?

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

it's not a massive problem but i think it'd be nicer done on website rather than in game client.
if there's possibility of it changing without huge effort, i think it would be an improvement to the site (this is the 'ideas and bug reports' section after all)

-mousing over 1 at a time is not the best way to get an overview of all your players
-you might want to mull over the options at leisure
-if you're not player1 you have to wait for the other guy to do it first
-it makes the end of game process slower, and sometimes coaches are in a rush to leave

that's the downsides of doing it in the game client. i dont see any upside

Last edited by Sp00keh on %b %26, %2017 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Spookeh - upside: It was way easier to code and it exists now. It's not all about dat user...base
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

no, that's not an upside.
i mean specifically- it isn't better this way, it just might be more convienient

which is fine. if it turns out to be really difficult or something, i'll accept that
i already know this, don't need to keep being told it Razz
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You do know you can click on game->Statistics, then select Home Team..that will give you your roster with the earned SPP's (and other info) this game. All in one place.

Of course, you'll still need to open your prematch roster to see how much they started with...

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like the MVP system in the client, it would be nice to see the players who are going to level up marked by a yellow frame around them.
That would help a lot visually, instead of having to check them one by one.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2017 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog that doesn't show their current SPP, or skills/stats/injuries

i know the current system works, i'm just trying to suggest an improvement to it
 Jump to: