50 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Drrek

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Wait.. you don't mean a team with 500'000 banked playing against a 50'000 TV underdog with zero banked can spend 500'000 without letting the underdog spend 550'000, do you?

How on earth is that suppose to work for Black Box, or more importantly, tournaments?

Its supposed to be balanced by the fact that Expensive Mistakes will drain teams' treasuries if they get too high. I still dislike the rule and think it is unbalanced, but that's how its supposed to work.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, after combining 3 of the 4 latest NEWS articles it looks like it DOES mean that. Wow. Just.. wow.

But with the mix of comments, I am unsure of the status of the new rules.

Is the new 'Expensive Mistakes' bugged and OFF for now, or is it fixed and ON?

So as far as I can tell, with a mix of old star players, cards, and inducements, and the new inducement rules you can get the following scenario:

A team plays matches and flirts with expensive mistakes until it gets away with it long enough to have a big treasury.

That team enters a major qualifier, or a BRAWL, or gets to a BRAWL Final, a Major main event, etc. and has the ability to use the whole bank against another team (which could be an big underdog with a small bank) to buy old star-players, old cards, bribes, etc, and the underdog team gets no compensation for this 'lucky' excess treasury money spent?

It seems to me this opens the door to 'Treasury Min/Maxing' before a Major, or any tournament. Is that where we want R and B to go? Perhaps the also mystical to me SEASONS mechanic might help in this regard.

It seems like a very 'chaotic' time-period to be playing in R and B on FUMBBL. And in the world of Blood Bowl, that's saying something.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It's very unlikely to ever get a treasury much over 400k or so, and to hold it for the two or more games on the way to the final of whatever is even more so, a hundred teams or more would have to try that for one to succeed, and the odds of them being the actual finalist on top of it is pretty tiny.

Teams might well bring in 250k or so, that's not unlikely even though it is unstable, but both teams can easily do that, and as always the bigger team spends inducements first so the smaller one can compensate by draining their own treasury.

Mostly it's a big boost to the smaller team because you can just spend that extra 10k or 20k to get exactly what you want at no real cost. You've got to spend treasury on something anyway.

If seasons tend to auto-finish post-tournament, you'd just want to save money all the time in one and never spend cash in it other than to avoid the 300k danger point.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I challenge up 200 TV and don't spend any of what I am given as the underdog, can I take the inducement home as cash after the match?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
So if I challenge up 200 TV and don't spend any of what I am given as the underdog, can I take the inducement home as cash after the match?

Think about it for a minute.
 Jump to: