75 coaches online • Server time: 21:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Probably the best option in the long run is to do a hard reset on your league and create the teams into a ruleset you can control.

This or have some admin convert the existing teams.

Yes, but then you lose all the history of that league don't you? I mean it's still in the old one, but it doesn't carry over to the new one.

Is it not possible for those old leagues to be moved to the new system?

Certainly you can just unjoin the teams and have them rejoin a new league, but that seems a lot of work for everyone Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Unjoining the teams doesn't help. They will still be ruleset 6. So no wizards for them.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Probably the best option in the long run is to do a hard reset on your league and create the teams into a ruleset you can control.

This or have some admin convert the existing teams.

Yup, just create new teams and link to the old ones. Problem solved.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
No. Unjoining the teams doesn't help. They will still be ruleset 6. So no wizards for them.

The rulesets are for the teams?

I mean they join the new league, not rejoin the same one.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
koadah wrote:

The rulesets are for the teams?

I mean they join the new league, not rejoin the same one.

teams created in one ruleset will always be in that ruleset, there is no way to switch (yet?)
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

teams created in one ruleset will always be in that ruleset, there is no way to switch (yet?)

That is not quite how I understand it.

The way I see it, teams are created in a 'league'. i.e. 'league group' as opposed to 'meta group'. You can change the ruleset of the 'league group' effectively taking all the teams with it. (risky?).

But teams created from your coach home page don't belong to a 'league group'. At least not one you have access to. So basically, we need to be able to transfer teams to 'league groups'.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Roland wrote:

That is not quite how I understand it.

The way I see it, teams are created in a 'league'. i.e. 'league group' as opposed to 'meta group'. You can change the ruleset of the 'league group' effectively taking all the teams with it. (risky?).

But teams created from your coach home page don't belong to a 'league group'. At least not one you have access to. So basically, we need to be able to transfer teams to 'league groups'.

lol...

Yes to everyone.

Mostly to Christer I guess at this point, we need to understand how these systems work and what our options are within them Smile
 Jump to: