33 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
And increasing rate of tackle affecting usefulness of dodge (poor elfs)

Tackle was a very popular skill back in LRB4 and elves were doing fine.

Maybe halflings and goblins will suffer more, since tackle will be more pervasive at lower TV

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Grod wrote:
In the flip side, is fend now even more pointless?

Haha, good point

I guess you could argue that it is.

But it was pretty damn pointless before.

With the exception of blodge/side step/fend guys who are terrific at gumming things up, but still not really that great compared to replacing fend with diving tackle probably, or tackle for that matter.

However in the cases where you now have more tackle generally you no longer need to take it as much on your linemen whom survive to 3 or 4 skills, though still not sure what else you take on the ones without A access.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2017 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
In the flip side, is fend now even more pointless?

The old use of putting it on a superstar or legend ball carrier (or even LOS meat) to ensure they don't get piled on when games are going wrong is now defunct.
I can still see some Dwarf or Norse teams being annoying with it, but it is a lot harder to justify choosing it. Maybe if you are playing versus a lot of diving tacklers or tents players who hit you and follow up, but that would be unusual.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:
Since pile on has been changed to Juggernaut, wrestle players are a new target on the blitz.

I wonder if they will ever fix the incongruity of Juggs. If you use Juggs, BD=PUSH. But if the defender has Wrestle, you use Juggs to negate it and maintain BD=BD. Such very strange logic. Also you don't have to follow-up for some reason.

I suppose it's all for balancing, ie to make Juggs worth taking. Personally I think I'd forget the Wrestle-cancel bit (ie BD=PUSH only), force the follow-up, and then allow PUSH/POW to be PUSH too, making for easier surfs and positioning.

#theorybowl
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2017 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Jugs as an anti-Wrestle weapon. I use it all the time... on POMBers. But nowadays it's not a bad #5 skill for a hunter.