36 coaches online • Server time: 18:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I'm playing snotlings for the first time in 5 years. So squishy, so fun. 1W 1L so far (loss to some very well thrown gnomish bombs by Azure).

How's everyone else doing?
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

No clue what I'm doing with some very very stupid squigs...but having fun.
Thankfully stupid isn't as bad as hungry as the other coaches squigs just kept eating his poor little gobbos all game.
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My cheaters had "tactical" tie in first round and faced other cheater team in the second. Nuffle was with us and we managed to wipe out whole opponent team before turn 13 and got two free touchdowns in a 5-0 victory. Third match between qualifier's two top-teams is scheduled at 20:00 this evening.

My main team is playing in Ulthuan Invitational so it's really nice to have other not-so-serious tournament running at the same time. Jekuttajat is trying to best my other cheater team - Pelimannit - which ranked first in the last Stunty Cup's loser's bracket. Being best of the losers is nice but being best of the winners would be even nicer.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It was going great until my next foe went offline for 10 days.

Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Darn that, and here I went missing the draw by a minute. Forgot about it, then was making team and just missed out, lol. Smile
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kammo22 wrote:
My cheaters had "tactical" tie in first round and faced other cheater team in the second. Nuffle was with us and we managed to wipe out whole opponent team before turn 13 and got two free touchdowns in a 5-0 victory. Third match between qualifier's two top-teams is scheduled at 20:00 this evening.

My main team is playing in Ulthuan Invitational so it's really nice to have other not-so-serious tournament running at the same time. Jekuttajat is trying to best my other cheater team - Pelimannit - which ranked first in the last Stunty Cup's loser's bracket. Being best of the losers is nice but being best of the winners would be even nicer.

5-0, holy cow! That many spp in a game will make you a terror in this tourney.

And Stunty majors are totally serious! Mad Though I would like to see less serious EC style tourneys run regularly. Rookie rumbles I mean.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
It was going great until my next foe went offline for 10 days.

Crying or Very sad

Oof, talked to Throweck yet?
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 21:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mine was going well until 3 turns from the end of the match, when the only guy who would've skilled got battered Razz

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
demigod

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Mine was going well until I tripped on the goal line when I was trying to tie the game on the last turn.
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinnyil wrote:
Kammo22 wrote:
Nuffle was with us and we managed to wipe out whole opponent team before turn 13 and got two free touchdowns in a 5-0 victory. --

5-0, holy cow! That many spp in a game will make you a terror in this tourney.

Well, those two last touchdowns were literally free. We made it 3-0 and after that got two more because pitch was cleared and opponent didn't have any players left for remaining three or four turns - so no SPP for those last goals.
It was pretty lucky match because our chainsaws did lots of damage while theirs weren't able to do much. I think cheaters vs. cheaters is prone to go for team that gets those couple of first important casualties and can then just steamroll opponent down.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2017 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes very true. I've only played a cheaters mirror match once, but I could see it very quickly snowballing.
demigod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How many rounds are there in the qualifiers? I see that Qualifier Group VII is in Round 5.
Kammo22

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

demigod wrote:
How many rounds are there in the qualifiers? I see that Qualifier Group VII is in Round 5.

"The qualifiers will be a 4 round Swiss style tournament, leading up to the finals, which will be a knockout tournament. Qualifiers will consist of 8-team brackets, and consist of at least 8 brackets."

That's what it says in Tournament's overview page. No idea why there is 5th round.
demigod

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Had the bracket been set?
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: May 02, 2017 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like all the qualifiers are done, but the EC proper hasn't started as of yet.
 Jump to: