66 coaches online • Server time: 21:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KO

Post 22 Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am brand new to FUMBBL and eager to play.
I come on in the evenings and use the game finder feature, but there never seems to be any matches despite their being lots of coaches online.
Is there anything I can be doing differently?

Sincerely,

Question
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

make a [B] team

actiavte using Activate Teams option

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't recommend jumping into Blackbox until you're used to how the game plays (though it is an additional place to find coaches). Keep in mind that not all online coaches are currently looking for games, and that not all teams can face each other. For instance, you have a team with TV 980 right now. That ±100 means that only teams within 100 TV of that team will be valid to play against.

Since you're new to FUMBBL I would recommend joining the 145 Club. There's plenty of new coaches there in a similar position to yours.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for directing new coaches to the 145 TKB928 Smile I think the link you provided is out of date, please apply here though!

If your evening happens to be North American evening, it can be a bit slow.

Come join the Official FUMBBL discord Server then the 145 Club channel.
Discuss strategy, skills and arrange matches!
KO

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in Canada.
I have a family and a very sporadic and limited opportunity to play.
That is why I have just been using game finder.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you can also join chat - https://fumbbl.com/p/discord sometimes you can get games there

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I log on gamefinder a lot on the weeknights around 0400 or 0500 server time, and have had some lonely nights sitting there waiting for a game. Blackbox is impossible at those hours, Ranked is all there is. I activate Box and when (if?) I go unscheduled, I log into Ranked. Toggling between the two, I get a game about 2/3 of the time before giving up.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a few coaches from Canada in the 145 (myself included). Feel free to drop by the discord chat (see my above post for links). Some of them arrange matches there too.
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi KO, i'm also from Canada. Definitely our game times (evenings) are not ideal for finding games on here. If you can play during UK peak hours, you're golden... So easy to find games. Or on the weekends. I'd recommend joining the 145 club and a league. League play is easier because you have the ability to pre-schedule games, etc. It also gives you good experience in an unranked format which can help develop your coaching skills before heading into the big, bad ranked/box worlds.
 Jump to: