32 coaches online • Server time: 16:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Keggie its awesome
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Definitely
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My Last Game

In particular: TV 1230k+50k Chaos Renegades

In past versions they asked if I want to spend money at the beginning of the game. This version they are not asking if I want to add 50k, but just telling me I have 50k in inducements. Am I not understanding the new rules correctly?

If I don't use those inducements, do I keep the money in my treasury? Im trying to save up for a RR, but I keep spending it on inducements. I enjoy the cards,but regardless, Id like the notification before hand. Is this a glitch, or a proper procedure?

Thanks, before hand.

Keggie.

Jeffro
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, the amount of gold you can spend without using your own Treasury is the extra gold displayed at the start of the match.
For example: you have a Treasury of 100,000 and a TV difference of 50 (i.e. 50,000 free gold, called "extra gold" in the client).
If you buy a card you won't use gold from your Treasury, because you will use the free gold of the TV gap.
Instead, if you wanted to buy 2 cards then you would spend 50,000 from your own Treasury (50,000 free extra gold from TV difference and 50,000 from your Treasury).
Is it clear?
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Not quite clear. If he is the underdog in the match by 50k and he chooses not to spend it on inducements, does he get an extra 50K in winnings at the end of the match? I am not worried so much about what the rules state. I would like to know how it works with the client and on Fumbbl.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Not quite clear. If he is the underdog in the match by 50k and he chooses not to spend it on inducements, does he get an extra 50K in winnings at the end of the match? I am not worried so much about what the rules state. I would like to know how it works with the client and on Fumbbl.

No, he doesn't.
The extra gold disappears at the end of the match, it's not added to the Treasury if he didn't spend it.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd prefer to have the old dialogue back. It would make things clear again and remove the danger that I accidentally spend money from my treasury. The client tells me how much free/extra money I get for inducements, tells me how much I have in the treasury and asks me how much I want to add. Simple. Right now I often go back to the site and me team page to check how much my team actually has in the treasury, just to not spend more than the extra money (or at least not much more - adding 10k to get that Babe/Card is usually worth it for me).

Then again, it's all just a matter of habit, I think. We are all use to spend what we get because in the past it was only the free inducement money that was shown automatically.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@Rabe: I get where you're coming from. The new system just puts all your treasury in there automatically, so it would be easy for someone to spend their treasury money by accident if they weren't paying attention. Although, it does say in the client log how much extra you are getting by 'being the underdog', so you shouldn't need to refer back to the team page.

I agree it would be more intuitive if you had to 'opt-in' to add treasury gold like before, but I guess we'll get used to it.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Espionage

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2017 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The new system has the advantage that the underdog gets to see what the opponent is doing before making a choice. It didn't take me long to get used to it, ymmv
Medon

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a TD and CAS with a loner and even nominated him as one of the three MVP candidates, only to find out later I accidentally spent part of my treasury and I couldn't buy him. .. some of us have to learn the new habit the hard way I suppose .. ;-|
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It needs to be clearer, it confused me the first few games. I would prefer the opt in system.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Espionage wrote:
The new system has the advantage that the underdog gets to see what the opponent is doing before making a choice. It didn't take me long to get used to it, ymmv

The drawback of the new system is that, since buying inducements doesn't alter the TV difference like in CRP inducements phase, the underdog team (but richer than the overdog team) can spend money without the fear of giving the difference to the overdog team.
In the Box I play quite often vs bash teams that are slightly underdog but become overdog because they can dump money on inducements: they don't save the gold because the chances of losing players vs a non-bash team are slim.
In other words the nominal underdog at the start of the match is not always a true underdog and knowing what the nominal underdog has bought won't help you if you play a fragile team not able to buy inducements due to lack of Treasury gold.

I think that the best system would have been the old CRP inducements phase but with the difference of adding only the missing amount of gold required from the Treasury to the bonus extra gold in order to buy inducements.

For example, TV 1000 team A plays vs TV 1040 team B.
If the overdog, team B, wants to buy inducements must do it before team A, recalculating the TV difference and extra gold if necessary.
Team B buys nothing.
Team A adds 10,000 from its Treasury to the TV difference bonus gold (40,000) and buys a card.
Dach

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

actually didnt spend like 100k in inducement for one match because I thought it was from my treasury...

so yeah, it's not clear!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dach wrote:
actually didnt spend like 100k in inducement for one match because I thought it was from my treasury...

so yeah, it's not clear!

The extra gold is the amount of gold you can spend without using your Treasury.
If you read carefully the log at the start of the match you will see it.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It did confuse me the first time. I guess it was just the easiest way Kalimar saw to apply the new rules with what the client could do. It's no biggie but yes, if possible, would be nice if if could be adjusted. Although not sure the old dialogue is the way to go, it's actually quite convenient not to have to figure out inducement costs in advance (having to know by heart, or look up, the costs for every Star Player or Mercenary). Would just be nice if there was a clear message in the inducement window how much of the money you are spending is actually your treasury.

Also, not sure if by the new rules, you have to decide how much petty cash you spend before, or after, you draw cards. Too lazy to look it up though.
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed this 'free gold' change. Last game I was Nurgle vs. a Goblin team with a 10k difference yet I still had petty cash to purchase a Dirty Trick card, which ended up being a Pit Trap.

The Goblin player had a good chance to score but my card put his ball carrier in prone, sidelined the ball and allowed me a 2-0 win. Where as in the old rules I wouldn't have had that card and the game could have had a much different outcome.

My opponent wasn't too happy, not that it's too big of a deal to me but I'm not certain how often this change has affected others in similar positions.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I'd prefer to have the old dialogue back. It would make things clear again and remove the danger that I accidentally spend money from my treasury. The client tells me how much free/extra money I get for inducements, tells me how much I have in the treasury and asks me how much I want to add. Simple. Right now I often go back to the site and me team page to check how much my team actually has in the treasury, ...

I agree. It is extremely frustrating to buy inducements and realize after you have spent treasury when you just looked at how much inducement gold was available. Something that will happen to people that aren't playing on the site very regular.