59 coaches online • Server time: 17:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to pick
Ag4 golem
85%
 85%  [ 24 ]
More bash
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 28

Wolfbastard

Post 22 Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Got flesh golem who has had some weird skill rolls. He has block and dodge and I took Ag+1 on him and that's it. Just rolled 11 again and could make him my only 4ag player who'd have only 4mv. I'm not sure whether to take it or go for something to help him bash. If I took ag+1 and strong arm on his next skill upgrade he could be a useful passer with 2 wolves and 2 ghouls running in front of him.
My other golem has block, guard and mighty blow. I've got a wolf with blodge and another with block, mighty blow and pile on (plus his claw so he's a really nasty wolf). I've got 2 zombies with block, guard and dauntless and 2 more with block and dauntless. I usually do ok bashing. What should I do?
Jeffthejar

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking from a TV efficiency point of view, I think I would retire him. Speaking from a fluffy/fun point of view, you could give him the AG if you really wanted.

I just don't see the value in depending on a MA 4 AG 4 guy; a passing play, even at the highest AG possible, is always very risky, and typically not the first choice you would want to make. I don't think you'll often see the reward from the added TV weight in this case.

Of course, even if it is not optimal, the value of fun in BB is always there. If you like to have a passing MA 4 QB, then by all means go for it. But, I think that if you are looking for the optimal use of TV, retirement/replacement might be the best choice for the golem... I just think the AG boost is too much TV that isn't going to be used.

Just my 2 cents, though; I'm by no means an authority on the subject!
Motskari

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffthejar wrote:
Of course, even if it is not optimal, the value of fun in BB is always there.

+1

If you can manage 10 completions with him, then he will be top all time flesh golem passer in Fumbbl. You should go for it.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag3 is decent for such a slowcoach but with ag4 it would be fun if he gets the ball and you have most of a half to score with him. You could use him as a receiver for handoffs and let others pick up the ball first. He is a toughy to take down. Getting strong arm may be going too far. Stand Firm is very helpful for Golems so that is an option too.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
Jeffthejar wrote:

+1

If you can manage 10 completions with him, then he will be top all time flesh golem passer in Fumbbl. You should go for it.

this

you can easily top all-time lists for golems in all balling disciplines. If you care the slightest about this, you should definitely go for it.

On efficiency terms it's a total disaster though Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Motskari wrote:
Jeffthejar wrote:

+1

That's settled it. I will now start my quest to carve a wolfbastard player's name into blood bowl history.Thanks dude!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

that would be cool, but the OP doesn't have any teams on FUMBBL :/
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

do it

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2017 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah you should really play here, and probably change your user name Smile