51 coaches online • Server time: 18:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TKB928

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

You can't increase any characteristic to a value greater than 10.

Huh. Could've sworn that AV could go up to 12, but maybe that was a house rule from years back that I forgot was just a house rule.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On linemen I do not want increased movement or armor until the player has Block/Guard/Tackle and on elves Dodge and Sidestep may come before movement. With positionals I will take the movement because I generally play to win rather than pixel hug.

Now, if my super star gobo rolled it as a legend skill, I would think hard about it and then probably still take the movement.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When your Av9 guy dies from a straight 10 armour break, then you will look back and say I should have taken that blessed +AV. It so would'a been worth it.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
When your Av9 guy dies from a straight 10 armour break, then you will look back and say I should have taken that blessed +AV. It so would'a been worth it.

Laughing Tell that to my Orc team, they've had 3 deaths in 9 games and none of them were Goblins or Throwers. I'm hoping they'll all survive their next game in good enough shape for me to finally get an apothecary.
Medon

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For my AV8 wood elf lineman I always check what the armor roll was, everytime I see an 8 I'm happy Smile that happy feeling is worth it Smile
Medon

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Some statistics: roll 10 has 8% probability so if your AV10 dwarf gets hit 8 times during a match there is a likelihood of 50% that the +AV prevents at least one injury roll during the whole match. If he gets hit by MB players this increases to 60%.

An elf player gets hit less. .. blodge keeps them on their feet and they man mark less. But assume your designated AV8 elf will do all the cage marking and Los duty and still gets POW'd 4 times a match. Roll 8 has 13% probability so +AV will also prevent at least one injury roll during the match with 45% probability. If the elf gets hit by MB this increases to 50%.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, don't think so. There's always a better answer.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it interesting that many players eschew, say, having a second troll slayer primarily because they are only AV 8. But NO ONE ever gives a troll slayer +AV, they always take +MA.

Similarly for witch elves, dark elf runners, orc throwers, ghouls etc. No one ever gives them +AV even though they are often not on the team because of low AV.

Can someone clarify?

Oscar Wilde
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As Stu and Semitence said, big guys on a 6/4 it's often worth the +AV because you're very limited in what skills you can take anyway and they're generally in the middle of the scrum.

Most other players, well it's more open to personal preference.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
I find it interesting that many players eschew, say, having a second troll slayer primarily because they are only AV 8. But NO ONE ever gives a troll slayer +AV, they always take +MA.

Similarly for witch elves, dark elf runners, orc throwers, ghouls etc. No one ever gives them +AV even though they are often not on the team because of low AV.

Can someone clarify?

I've often wondered about this. It seems silly to me. But then, I do the same thing.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Can someone clarify?

Easily explained. The lower relative AV paints a target on the back of those players. People who do not field them due to lower AV are also the people who are less likely to skill the player and receive +AV simply because they do not field them.

Also, by increasing the AV you are increasing the expense of the player without making them any more effective on the field.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Can someone clarify?

I'd have thought frenzy players simply benefit from +MA.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding linemen duty-
If you roll av mv or normal for unskilled guy, for LOS duty the Block skill is better than armor
Second best is Dodge
Then once you have both, you wouldn't​ put him on the LOS, most of the time

So +Av for LOS makes no sense

Edit: Against Piling On, wrestle then dodge then +armor would have made sense for elf LOS, but with the removal of PO and predicted rise of fouling, wrestle becomes worse
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have pondered AV+ for a witch elf.

For the player as an individual, a normal skill, or MA+ is always better than AV+. But to remove the AV7 'tempter' and make all targets equal is an interesting prospect.

But I will never take it!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

+AV decreases your armour break on halflings from 58% to 41%
... AV 7 flings strike fear in the hard of the enemy... these keyplayers in the halfling team will get even more redudant then they already are!

Jump to: