47 coaches online • Server time: 19:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Helloo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What is supposed to happen when someone does this?

Is the game supposed to get cancelled and you lose all the SPPs you have so far in the game?
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In case that there are zero chances that the opponent breaks even or wins the game, the game can be ended by administrators and you get the concession.
In most cases the game will be deleted and you get nothing.
In both cases the dropping coach gets a ban.
Helloo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, thanks
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2017 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:

https://fumbbl.com/help:DiscProb

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
In case that there are zero chances that the opponent breaks even or wins the game, the game can be ended by administrators and you get the concession.

This is not true. If you do not want the game deleted, the game will not be deleted,as long as you follow the guidelines linked by Garion.

It is not true about the ban either. If a game is deleted, this does not give the opposing coach a chance to complete a game, therefore no action is likely (admin discretion depending on the coaches record). If the game is conceded in your favour due to the opposing coach having dropped the game, a ban is probable but.....none of anybody's business outside of the admin department. So this part doesn't affect you either way.

If there is zero chance of your opponent getting a result i.e. impossible in practical terms, the game maybe ended. This is to say finished in the state it is. This however is very rare and would be a judgement call on the part of the admin. An example is the opponent left on T8 with literally nothing left to do.

As long as you follow the rules as Garion linked and report it, the game will not be deleted. If after a week after reporting your opponent does not get the game finished, you would be (as long as you follow the rules) rewarded the concession gaining all spp and injuries as the game lies at the stage of the disconnection.

You should first contact your opponent, then report. I would advise you to do this as if game dropping isn't reported, it then becomes a problem.
Helloo

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok that's fine. It would be nice to know some of the that before though. It's not easy when someone asks you to make a choice and you have no idea what the options are.

So that means that admins can see what happens in a game which didn't finish yet? Does that include conversation between the players?
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they can only see conversations between players if you take a screen shot.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

you can add them to the conversation.
Helloo

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No I don't mean PMs, I mean conversation in the games
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Helloo wrote:
Ok that's fine. It would be nice to know some of the that before though. It's not easy when someone asks you to make a choice and you have no idea what the options are.

So that means that admins can see what happens in a game which didn't finish yet? Does that include conversation between the players?

I don't think in-game conversations are logged. As suggested, take a screenshot if you think it's relevant.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The conversation isn't really relevant, unless it was abuse. Regardless of what was said, there is an expectation that games started will be finished, even if both coaches agree, "this one doesn't count" isn't an option. If your in a game that isn't finished, send a PM to arrange a finish time. If it's not simple, fill in a support ticket an an admin will either help you arrange a time, or find out why it's not that simple. An old blog post from Christer might let everybody see the sites head honcho's view on the issue

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Christer&id=264

The relevent lines are :"coach A asks what the penalty would be for not finishing the match."

And

"This kind of behaviour is something that I will not accept and the answer to coach A's question is essentially: "Either you finish the match, or you find somewhere else to play Blood Bowl"."

Pretty sure that's not the official policy, but if your trying to finish a game, and the other coach is being obstructive, I think, in most cases, the admins will be on your side
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:

https://fumbbl.com/help:DiscProb

The team approval section is seriously outdated.

It's also kinda fun that in the skills section it says "There was a bug introduced a couple of months ago..." (last updated, 2004)

I know it's a wiki but it is kinda official. Not sure if I should edit it.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that's ok, I don't think it should be logged but I wanted to know what information they have available so that I don't assume they know things which they may not.
I think it could be relevant though -for example if the missing coach said "I'm leaving", then they would not be able to claim later that they got accidentally disconnected.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Helloo wrote:
Well that's ok, I don't think it should be logged but I wanted to know what information they have available so that I don't assume they know things which they may not.
I think it could be relevant though -for example if the missing coach said "I'm leaving", then they would not be able to claim later that they got accidentally disconnected.

There's where the screenshot comes in play.

Anyway, in my 1400+ games experience, the opponent intentionally leaving is a very rare occurance.

Just follow the procedures and you'll be fine if this happens.

1) Contact opponent offering reschedule
2) If 1) doesn't work, submit a support ticket to get the game forfeited/cancelled.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

nonsense. the game doesn't get deleted. admins almost always give a conession win in these cases.

Jump to: