39 coaches online • Server time: 11:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft CRP

Join us on Discord!
https://discord.gg/mfQQDMH

So, I had this idea a while back, and the few coaches I talked to thought it was interesting as well. Back a few months ago, there was a brief window of popularity for an open play league called CRP Ultra. The premise of the league was that a team could be designed using any player from any roster to design the ultimate team.

But, as an open league, it never quite took off, due to a lack of visibility.

It would however, make an excellent candidate for a custom league. And it's a league I want to see come to life. Ideally, this will be a North American timezone league.

If you want a custom League icon for your team, then provide them.
If anyone wants to provide custom sprites for their rosters (or anyone else's), you can.

So, let's look at the roster itself.
This roster includes all CRP players available (97 different players to choose from).

Now then, as we are making an entirely customizable roster on a coach by coach basis, there will be some rules in play for basic roster customization.

Roster Building
The following is a list of rules required for the base roster each coach will be required to submit to join the league.

All Team RRs cost 50k

Linemen
1: At least one 0-16 or 0-12 lineman position is required on all base rosters.

2: If the lineman is an undead player (skeleton, zombie, etc.) then the team coach is considered a necromancer, and the team loses the services of an apothecary.

3: If chosen lineman is a Rotter, then the team loses access to an apothecary, and any player infected by Nurgle's rot will be added to the roster as a rotter in the next match.

4: A team may elect to take a secondary lineman position in it's initial roster. This secondary lineman will become an 0-8 positional, so as not to interfere with the team's primary lineman being used as journeymen, or being added to the team as a result of the death of an opposing player.

5: A roster is allowed up to 3 secondary linemen
The roster count of all Secondary linemen changes based on the number of types in the roster
1 Secondary is 0-8
2 Secondaries become 0-4
3 Secondaries becomes 0-2

Positions
1: Each base roster is allowed no more than 6 different positions total (Linemen count as a position for this purpose). Teams will be limited in what rookie players they are allowed to sign. Variation to each coach's personalized roster will come in the form of draft picks (to be explained further down)

2: Each team must contain the following archetypes:
A 0-2 or 0-4 thrower/runner must be selected to the roster
A 0-2 or 0-4 Blitzer must be selected to the roster

3: Big Guys come with their own special rules

If a team elects an undead lineman as their primary lineman, then they may take Mummies or Tomb Guardians on their base roster. Tomb Guardians are limited to 0-2

If a team elects a stunty lineman as their primary, then they may select Halfling Treemen or Ogre Ogres. Ogres will be limited to 0-3

Any other roster may elect to a 0-1 Big that has not been previously named.

4: Only one player with a secret weapon, or stab, may be take on a roster. CRP rules will be in effect, and they will be sent off after one drive unless a successful bribe is made.

5: Any remaining positional will be allowed to fill the 2 remaining slots with a maximum of 0-4 limit. A team may elect to take a 3rd positional maximizing at 0-4, instead of a Secret Weapon or a Big Guy.

The Draft

1: Each season, a draft will be held. Beginning in season 2, the draft will be done based on team records, with the worst record picking first, and the league championship winner picking last. The draft is a chance for teams to improve themselves, and gear up for the coming season.

2: In season 1, each team will have 2 draft picks. In all further seasons, returning teams will receive only 1 pick, while new teams will gain 1-2 compensatory picks based on the current state of the league. Teams that take significant losses during a season may also be awarded compensatory picks to aid in recovery.

3: Players in the draft will be added to the roster of the team that drafts them. They will be available for "purchase" between the end of the draft, and the end of Preseason. Once the Regular Season begins, draft picks are no longer available to be signed. Once they're dead, they're dead.

4: Prior to the draft, the Draft order, and the list of potential players will be made available. Players will include their base race and position, as well as any additional skills they may have as draft picks. These draft picks will be added to the roster as extremely talented rookies who will develop as normal players.

5: Players selected in the draft need not adhere to any kind of positional limit. Any available player in the draft may be taken by any team, so long as it is their turn to draft.

Preseason

Preseason is a time to recover from the brutality that is the regular season. It's also a time to ensure that draft picks are signed to their rookie contracts. During the Preseason, coaches will be scheduled for one match. This match will be a clickthrough for a 0-0 tie.

During the preseason, each team will be given a free 200k for inducements for the purchase of Apothecaries only. We don't want stray rocks killing the talent in meaningless games.

After the preseason match, it is each coach's responsibility to ensure that all new draft picks are signed. Once you put your team in a ready state again, you will never have the chance to draft that player again.

Regular Season
Scheduling will be determined by number of teams within the league. 8 to 12 teams will play in a round robin tournament, 14+ teams will be separated into divisions. League will have a cap of no more than 32 teams.

Games will be played on a weekly basis. As previously stated, this is more than likely a North American league. This means you need to be available during North American peek hours.

Playoffs will consist of a minimum of 4 teams in a knockout style tournament.

Post Season Process

1: Once the league championship has been decided the League has officially entered Post Season.

2: Any player who has achieved Legend Status gains one season of aging. Any player who reaches a 3rd season of aging must be retired.

3: Rosters must be trimmed to fall at or below the 1750TV salary cap. No team may exceed 1750 TV at the time of the league draft, however a team may go beyond that once draft picks are selected.

4: Draft order is finalized, with penalties for forfeiting or conceding a match being applied as a win in the final standings for purposes of draft order. Yes, forfeiting a match, or conceding a match will worsen your draft position.

5: League Draft takes place, and then the process begins anew with Preseason.

League/Client Specifics
1: Piling On exists, deal with it. Piling On does not cost a team RR to use, Deal with it.

2: The league will use Spiraling Expenses.
Spiraling Expenses will begin at 1750 TV, as a Luxury Tax for exceeding the League Salary Cap. The penalty will become progressively worse for each 250k TV you go over the 1750 limit.

3: Teams begin with 1,200,000 gold. Only 1,000,000 may be used on the initial roster, the remaining gold is to be used to purchase draft picks after the draft occurs.

4: Standard team limits, minimum roster size is 11, maximum is 16.

5: Skills will progress at a slightly accelerated rate, with skills happening at 5, 15, 30, 50, 75, 105. Yes, that's only 1SPP faster on all levels except Legend.

6: Argue the Call is enabled

7: Right Stuff negates Tackle on blocks

8: Wizards exist, and will be allowed for inducement as soon as possible

Recruiting the following:
Seeking the following administrative roles within the league, please PM me to apply.

1: Assistant Commissioner - Duties include assisting in the running of all aspects of the league.

2: Graphic Designer - Duties include bbcode formatting and/or roster sprite customization

3: Analysts - Duties include creating and maintaining league fluff, including pre-draft highlights, quarterly power rankings, and anything else one might expect to hear on ESPN.

4: Coaches - Duties include playing the damned games on time, and having fun while doing so.

Sample Rosters:
Murderheim Mayhem - This is just an example of how a roster can be built

The following is a list of common position questions and answers

1q: What players fall into the Thrower/Runner category
1a: The following list are players that will fill this criteria:
Amazon Thrower
Amazon Catcher
Dark Elf Renegade
Skaven Renegade
Dark Elf Runner
Dwarf Runner
Elf Thrower
Elf Catcher
Goblin Pogo Stick
High Elf Thrower
High Elf Catcher
Human Thrower
Human Catcher
Thro-Ra
Ghoul (Undead will be used in all cases for the 0-4 limit)
Norse Thrower
Norse Runner
Pestigor
Orc Thrower
Gutter Runner
Skaven Thrower
Slann Catcher
Underworld Skaven Thrower
Wood Elf Catcher
Wood Elf Thrower

2q: What are Blitzers
2a: The following list will contain players that meet the requirements for Blitzers:
Amazon Blitzer
Bull Centaur
Dark Elf Blitzer
Dwarf Blitzer
Troll Slayer
Elf Blitzer
High Elf Blitzer
Human Blitzer
Blitz-Ra
Wight
Norse Berserker
Orc Blitzer
Skaven Blitzer
Slann Blitzer
Underworld Skaven Blitzer
Wardancer

3q: What's a Big Guy?
3a: The following is a list of players that fall into the Big Guy category:
Chaos Minotaur
Chaos Dwarf/Pact Minotaur
Chaos Pact Ogre
Chaos Pact Troll
Goblin/Orc Troll
Halfling Treeman (Must have an 0-16 stunty linemen)
Human Ogre
Tomb Guardian (0-2 Limit, must have undead linemen)
Kroxigor (denote Lizardman, or Slann)
Snow Troll/Yhetee
Beast of Nurgle
Ogre Ogres (0-3 Limit, must have stunty linemen)
Rat Ogre
Mummy (Must have undead linemen)
Warpstone Troll
Wood Elf Treeman

4q: What are considered Secret Weapons?
4a: The following players will be considered Secret Weapons, even if they do't normally have Secret Weapon. These players all have a 0-1 limit
Dark Elf Assassin
Death Roller
Goblin Fanatic
Goblin Looney
Goblin Bomber

Last edited by Antithesisoftime on Aug 10, 2017 - 04:30; edited 8 times in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Addendum
This league is open to a European conference as well, should there be enough interest on both sides of the pond. Minimum of 8 coaches are required to to set up a Euro Conference. Same goes for a NA conference, minimum of 8 teams
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am SO in. Interested that is.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I am super interested in this! I'd love to a part of it.
BlackDice

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we get wizards allowed in this league? In either way.
Coastiecraig

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested if you get a Euro conference running
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

BlackDice wrote:
Can we get wizards allowed in this league? In either way.
I'm sure we can make that happen
jordinoboy

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, oooh! sign me up! do it! do it!
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 04, 2017 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

first post updated with sample roster, and what positions fill what needs.
Players not listed fall into the "Other" category, and may fill up the final 3 position slots that are not linemen, runner/thrower, blitzer.

Big men and Secret Weapons listed to avoid confusion, however, they fall into the "Other" category from which the final 3 positions may be chosen.

Each Lineman type taken on a roster counts as one position, thus a team with 4 types of linemen can only have a thrower/runner type, and a blitzer type in addition.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Group page added to first post.
It's bare at the moment, but it will look better soon.
If you missed it, here it is again
Draft CRP
pokrjax

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Struggling to see how saurus can be included. Also, if you take a stunty Lineman option and two 0-4 positional choices you can include three non-loner ogres and no stunties, which sounds fine to me but I'm just not sure if that's what you're intending.
Drrek

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Struggling to see how saurus can be included. Also, if you take a stunty Lineman option and two 0-4 positional choices you can include three non-loner ogres and no stunties, which sounds fine to me but I'm just not sure if that's what you're intending.

Or even just take a secondary lineman and you can get 8 of them, again not needing to actually take any of your primary linemen on the roster. With the rules as I'm able to understand them here, it seems really easy to get around the restrictions for Tomb Guardians/Mummies/Ogres/Treemen.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
pokrjax wrote:

Or even just take a secondary lineman and you can get 8 of them, again not needing to actually take any of your primary linemen on the roster. With the rules as I'm able to understand them here, it seems really easy to get around the restrictions for Tomb Guardians/Mummies/Ogres/Treemen.
The rules are still a work in progress, but I'm considering that linemen should probably have a minimum number required on the roster, or some other rule that would have to be in place to prevent loop holes like that from being abused.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Adding my name as an interested party. Thanks.
GrenDrake

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm an interested party as well.
 Jump to: