21 coaches online • Server time: 03:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MachJacob

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

captainmalkor wrote:

Also on the Clan Pestilen the Censer Bearers look almost identicle to the monks, on the pitch anyway. Could you make the ball and chain stand out more?

Don't worry about that, there are already new icons for them.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
About the icons: Snakemen's icons, with the exception of Constrictors, should be smaller, ST 4 players should stand out.

yup already on it

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2017 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've found it hard to tell as well. I now mark them during setup to help me remember.
Wex

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

RE: Lumbria

I find it odd that Lumbria's design is so similar to Underworld, but it performs at HALF the win rate.

I mean, look at the teams. Stunty Linemen, a small selection of "normal" players, and a big guy. Compare:

Drop Bears are 5 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, Claw, Dauntless, A(GSP) - 60k
Underworld Goblins are 6 2 3 7 Stunty, Right Stuff, Dodge, AM(GSP) - 40k

Kangors are 6 3 3 8 VLL, Leap, Prehensile Tail, GS(AP) - 80k
Skaven Blitzers are 7 3 3 8 Block, GSM(AP) - 90k
Skaven Linemen are 7 3 3 7 GM(ASP) - 50k
Skaven Throwers are 7 3 3 7 Pass, GMP(AS) - 70k

Big guys are a Troll with M access and a better Ogre (+ST, Break Tackle, no Loner).

So the two rosters are similar but perform extremely differently (Underworld gets 45% in Box, Lumbria has 24% in Secret League, worse than even Goblins, Halflings, and Ogres).

Main difference is that Underworld teams generally start with 6 Skaven, the Troll, 6 Goblins and 3 rerolls, but Lumbria have only 4 Kangors, the Yowie, and 6 Drop Bears with 3 rerolls.

What Lumbria needs to be even remotely viable is a few of:

Cheaper linemen (50k)
Agility access on Kangors (Slann Blitzer 2.0?)
Access to more Kangors (0-6?)
Higher AV on Drop Bears at same TV, or maybe a free Thick Skull.

I understand that Goblins are 40k and Drop Bears are 60k as Goblins with -MA +Dauntless +Claw, and so they start out better and have better long term development prospects, but maybe Drop Bears should be 50k.

Alternative 1: Drop Bears at 50k. If they're 50k, you can start a team with: 4 Kangors, a Yowie, 3 rerolls, and 7 Drop Bears. That gives you a bench of one for 990k.

Alternative 2: Make Kangors the Linemen, and Drop Bears a 0-4 positional, though I doubt this is a good way to go. 8 Kangors, 3 Drop Bears, 3 rerolls = 1 million.

Alternative 3: Kangors having Agility access or more Kangors, making them a team that requires build up to be strong. Encourages long term development.

Alternative 4: +AV/Thick Skull Drop Bears. Higher game presence means less need for a bench.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I have a team suggestion: Orc Big'Uns

Chatting to Garion and looking at the existing team gave me the idea. Basically dark elves have witches and assassins, so why not an orc team - like the savage orcs - focused on a sub-genre of orcs? Namely big'uns.

Here for more info on them

Fluff:

Sometimes an orc warboss isn't content simply sponsoring or coaching a team. Sometimes he wants to get stuck in the thick of the action instead (and what orc could blame him?). When one does he gathers his biggest, toughest boys and they charge onto the pitch. Usually they will be accompanied by goblins who tag along to watch, help and imitate them, but it's rare for the big'uns to notice. However, they do make use of them to serve, attend and feed them (sometimes very literally) off the pitch. Occasionally a warboss will be politely reminded that a team needs eleven players and, being unable or unwilling to count that high, they will make up necessary numbers by kicking some of the goblins hanging about onto the pitch. Amusingly it's not unknown for these players to be the only ones concentrating on the ball during a match with big'uns playing! Many of the orcs, and certainly their warboss, will proudly claim that it's 7 vs 11 in reality, or that the goblins are onto there to make it fair for the other side.

The team: Orc Big'Uns Team

0-6 Black Orc Blockers/ Big Uns
4 4 2 9 GS AP 80k
0-1 Black Orc Warboss
5 5 1 9 Juggernaut, Mighty Blow GS AP 130k
0-16 Goblins / Little Big Uns
6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A GSP 40k

RR: 70k

Example roster:

6 BOB: 480
1 BOW: 610 (+130)
4 G: 770 (+160)
3 RR: 980 (+210) with 20k spare

Rationale: Black orc blockers already existed, so the team gains the ability to use more of them. The warboss is a blocker, with stats similar to a mummy, but replaces the position of big guy on what would be a normal orc team. They are therefore very bashy, especially once the black orcs and warboss pick up block. Like regular orcs, they are also sturdy and difficult to therefore get off the pitch with the exception of the goblins. However, they have a few noteworthy weaknesses as well: they are terribly slow, their ball handling is rather limited, they lack core skills (no sure hands or block), they can't pass or throw initially nor do they get P access to develop this as an option later, and they're reliant on goblins as positionals. In other words they are not very flexible.

I think these would be a lot of fun to play and a solid option for those who like orc teams, but want to see even more bash. They may not win matches, especially initially where you'll really have to rely on the goblins, but they will inflict some pain. Other similarly bashy teams, such as Lizardmen with a big guy and 6 saurus, or khemri, will give them some trouble, as will agile or fast teams that can get away from them.

Last edited by Guardikai on %b %03, %2017 - %23:%May; edited 1 time in total
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 03, 2017 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Amendment: It has been suggested the black orc blockers should simply be "Big Uns" and the goblins "Little Big Uns". I think this is fine too Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The size of Clan Moulder Slaves' icons should be slightly increased in my opinion, they look tiny for ST 2 players.
 Jump to: