66 coaches online • Server time: 21:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This league is turning into a Spanish football league type of things, always the same teams winning!
tussock

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In SSL, we've had 6 different winners in 7 seasons, including rookie Khemri last time that beat your best dorfs! Razz

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

We've had 5 different winners on 6 seasons. And rookie chorfs were really close at getting the division title, so I wouldn't be that concerned. The Dwarves have somewhat dominated the last two-three seasons, which might give the impression of non-variance.

I'd say that the pre-season draws have a big effect on what teams have a shot at the title. But that's just a hasty guess, I have no research to back it.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

if you look at the division titles, only 11 different winners for 28 titles
tussock

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SSL has had

Amazons, 5 division titles, 2 wins, 2 cas cups.
Dwarfs, 2 division titles.
Goblins, 1 division title.
Flings, 2 division titles (as two teams).
Khemri, 1 division title, 1 win, 1 cas cup.
Lizards, 3 division titles, 1 win, 1 cas cup.
Necromantic, 1 division title, 1 win.
Norse, 5 division titles, 1 win.
Skaven, 2 division titles (as two teams).
Slann, 1 division title.
Vampire, 3 division titles.
Wood Elf, 5 division titles, 1 win (pre NSL).

15 teams from 13 rosters have division titles. A good few won on count back in very tight races, others where a big team walked all over everyone for a few seasons.

We bought in the chainsaws to shake things up for the dominant AV 7 teams we had, and maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. There's 6 or 7 teams won the last couple season's divisions, but there was always 6-7 different teams winning any two seasons you pick. Who knows.

We do after all have a variation in team strength from bloodbowl, a variation in coach strength, a variation in team development, and a variation in how crippling your accumulated injuries are.

Some of that's going to mean that not everyone will win a division, but hopefully they can all put some perms on the players in the teams that do. Either way, the games are good and we love the people who stay and fight (and those who have to give it up for real life).

We also need another three (maybe four) coaches for the coming season. Get in there! Pact, Dwarf, Necro, and Ogre.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My comment in this; I do notice it is easier to play in the league especially since my team is high TV and many others have rather low TV, makes it easier, though not every match is easy. I feel lucky on the injuries caused on my team, wich I have played as conservative as possible.., and I finally get to prove why I hate dorfs all togeather, awesome! since no one ever believes my anti-dorf rant anyway.
they are too good for bloodbowl especially with tackle on the linedorfs, also they are not fluffy enough to my taste. despicable! hateful! puny! cowardly! boring! predictable!

anyway, it is a problem for the moment, since they win too much! Im not sure I like it, especially if you guys think it is unfair in some way. But then I don't know
the team also just got another +MA now it is a total of 8 +MA guys, wich I think have made a difference, though im not sure.
so for gods sake, just kill them already!
kummo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It surely makes a difference Wink

Having just experienced your running dorf team it is really hard elf counter. One doesn't just dodge/leap in that cage (because every corner is guard most of the time) and you can't run past them as easily because there is ma7 tackler on back.

But i didn't feel too unfair or too OP imo. Surely it's hard against fresh teams and even against mid-TV team like my dark elfs (1500-ish). But i believe some claw and maybe even chainsaw can trim your team. And some teams can just blitz one of those players down each turn, commit guys to assist and do a foul. Armor roll is armor based but with assists you don't need to roll high. And after that only thick skull matters a bit on whether it is removal or not.
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, i don't think the dwarfs are the problems, but we do seem to see more or less always the same teams on top, which is not going to be great to motivate the new guys (but then again, the rookie chaos dwarves almost won the division..., and ogres won last season, so maybe i'm pretty wrong)
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharon wrote:
We've had 5 different winners on 6 seasons. And rookie chorfs were really close at getting the division title, so I wouldn't be that concerned. The Dwarves have somewhat dominated the last two-three seasons, which might give the impression of non-variance.

I'd say that the pre-season draws have a big effect on what teams have a shot at the title. But that's just a hasty guess, I have no research to back it.

It's kind of a bit of luck. I love Dwarfs and play them pretty well a well as them being good. Undead are in a number of ways similar so rolling them has been pretty lucky, a race I can adapt to quite well. And also adapted them to the rules pretty well even at their high tv and forced 16 man roster. If I was woodies I would probably not have won a division title at all. But you play them decently so built a team you can win with. So part luck of race roll and part draw luck. There are certain races and coaches I find harder to play against in general not just with slow more bashy teams.

Another thing is the teams that win a lot of division titles are teams that started season1 or latest season 2. So pretty well developed and has given coaches time to lean how to play their race in this league and of course develop the team. Shragg always puts in a good showing with his underworld, close on a couple of occasions now to titles when he started off not getting many results. So I think a big thing is coaches stick around for 4+ seasons they can start to do something. If all teams were 8 seasons old would be different I think, but if one puts the time in with the same race those rewards are fair enough. There will come a point when injuries start to really boat the original teams, that will give newer coaches an opening too.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
if you look at the division titles, only 11 different winners for 28 titles

15 different races have won and 16 different teams.

Number in front is title number of team. Number at the rear is the first time the teams race won a division or the team was a first time winner. Though only through latter has happened with lizards.

2 Vinnskor Storm
1 Sacrifices to Khorne 15
3 Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids
1 Mount Barak Marauders 11
2 Sjoktraken Oilers
1 Sjoktraken Oilers 5
1 Durfang Draugr 1

4 Clan Microdorf
3 Clan Microdorf
2 Clan Microdorf
1 Vinnskor Storm 12
1 Skeggi Dragonfolk 8* first lizard team to win
1 Clan Microdorf 6
1 Trollheim Trixters 2

4 Mordiford Manic Mermaids
2 Skeggi Yellow Eyes
1 Skeggi Yellow Eyes 14 2nd lizard team to win title
2 Durfang Draugr
1 Winter Sammakko 9
2 Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids
1 Morkfjord Maniac Mermaids 3

3 Durfang Draugr
1 Graelings Philosophers 16
2 Naglfari Vikings
1 Naglfari Vikings 13
1 Frostheim Ravagers 10
1 Order of the Snow King 7
1 Kärsämäki Critters 4

This is the first season there has not been a first time team or race winner. 7 seasons in I think that is pretty good.

DLE College 7s
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2017 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

counted that at work, was pretty far off Very Happy
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think what really makes the dwarfs dominant right now is that they suffered 56 cas and have a total of 2 permed players in the team, neither too significant (-ag-ag on a blocker and -av on another blocker). In comparison my team suffered 58 cas and I have two useless, injury prone blitzers, a team mascot and two more niggles on important players as a result. So dwarfs were pretty well spared by injuries really and will dominate for a long time I think.
Also on a different note removing the wizard was a mistake in my opinion. Sure, regular BB wizards are gone too, but as the league has house rules anyway why not keep the wizard. Its absence favours old and bashy teams and is probably disheartening for new coaches. As one of the coaches playing those old and bashy teams I feel pretty sorry for my opponents even having that tiny sliver of hope denied while getting smashed.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
I think what really makes the dwarfs dominant right now is that they suffered 56 cas and have a total of 2 permed players in the team, neither too significant (-ag-ag on a blocker and -av on another blocker). In comparison my team suffered 58 cas and I have two useless, injury prone blitzers, a team mascot and two more niggles on important players as a result. So dwarfs were pretty well spared by injuries really and will dominate for a long time I think.
Also on a different note removing the wizard was a mistake in my opinion. Sure, regular BB wizards are gone too, but as the league has house rules anyway why not keep the wizard. Its absence favours old and bashy teams and is probably disheartening for new coaches. As one of the coaches playing those old and bashy teams I feel pretty sorry for my opponents even having that tiny sliver of hope denied while getting smashed.

There is not option to get wizard (or at least wasn't at start of the season, haven't followed if they have given more league options lately).

But i agree. Heck, even dorf coach that played 500-600k down agreed on that Very Happy

Deathzone 2 might have wizard coming back.

And if there are leaguerule-options about it now, admins might choose to pick it again at start of new season (there was no option before since it just disappeared from all fumbbl but custom leagues like secret league and such.. vanilla leagues like ours and most fumbbl leagues didn't have that option).
Burnalot

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
Burnalot wrote:

There is not option to get wizard (or at least wasn't at start of the season, haven't followed if they have given more league options lately).

But i agree. Heck, even dorf coach that played 500-600k down agreed on that Very Happy

Deathzone 2 might have wizard coming back.

And if there are leaguerule-options about it now, admins might choose to pick it again at start of new season (there was no option before since it just disappeared from all fumbbl but custom leagues like secret league and such.. vanilla leagues like ours and most fumbbl leagues didn't have that option).

League commissioners can allow wizards in the ruleset.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Coming in to the league as a new coach, this first season has been very much uphill. And playing Vampire doesn't help with that. Smile I will play on for a season or 2 more with the Vamps, but just sitting around losing is not funny in the long term. Now I find it rewarding to steal a draw and an upset win, but will that keep my boat floating? If I don't feel competitive over more seasons, then...
 Jump to: