36 coaches online • Server time: 00:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:

On the pictures there are:
Karla von Kill a Starplayer that plays for Halfling Norse Amazons and Human teams with St4 Ag 3 Ma6 Av8 with Dauntless Blodge and Jump up

Looks like that is the Zara replacement. Guess they didn't want to have to worry about getting sued by the creators of Buffy.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

parodies fall under the fair use protection and cannot be reason for sueing.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It is always a tricky area of law as GW have found out to their cost when going after Chapterhouse. Often a much bigger company can bully a smaller one even if they are in the wrong (though GW was usually the one doing the bullying). So I suspect they didn't think it was worth even a tiny risk when they could easily rename her.

There has been a concerted effort from GW to make their fantasy range less generic with the creation of AoS. So I can certainly see them doing the same with BB, after all they renamed some of the positionals in Deathzone 1.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:

Running short on gold? Sponsorship deals can help out, if you don’t mind swallowing your pride and shilling McNurty’s Burger Emporium. Looking for a stadium residency? Make enough gold and you can buy your own!...and rules for different stadium and pitch types

This sounds worryingly BB2 - silly stadium upgrades anyone?

AzraelEVA wrote:

- Rules for well-known referees and coaching staff

Refs! But 'well known coaching staff' sounds more like famous coaches etc rather than new coaching positions, so perhaps no wiz yet.

AzraelEVA wrote:

Skills Update featuring some corrections, clarifications and new skills following feedback from the Blood Bowl community

POMB back? (hope not) new skills - or just those few still missing from DZ1 eg animosity for U-world and secret weapon skills (probably, I think)
Garion

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

New skill will likely be kick team mate.

Some of that looks very worrying...

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one really like it.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
The Wizard is already there in the special play cards in BB2016, there's a fireball card, a lightning bolt card, and a zap card. I don't really see that it needs to come back in another form, we just need a deck that includes effects that good for something like 200k a card.

"Just", he says, with a knowing smirk. Poor Kalimar. Very Happy

Well, this is a good point. GW might not bring back wizards because they are in the deck of cards now.

If you are playing BB2016 TT, then yes, you can buy a card to give you a wizard spell.

On FUMBBL though we are still playing with CRP cards and thus no access to the spells.

Lets see what happens in BB Season #3 expansion. It seems wizards will not show up in Season #2.

Season #3 or later on we might see a expansion of the available deck of cards to choose from at various Gold values. Harken back to the golden days of Death Zone in 3rd Ed or the optional decks found in CRP.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2017 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope that one of the new refs has a chainsaw and when ever he ejects a player they take a chainsaw attack.

Stadium upgrades? Well, you could go hog wild with this and have a small civ like meta to build your stadium from the ground up. You start with just a dirt lot. Then have to build up every aspect of the stadium. Is it cheesy? sure, but then again some coaches would love to build up their own stadium and stuff.

The options for this is almost endless. Upgrade your Hot Dog vendor to Lv 2 or buy the Bloodweiser beer stand? Add a second deck of seats or upgrade the dugout out to make them less pitch invasion prone?

For some this would be fun, for others, meh, who cares.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think the stadium is a good idea. and I love the principle that PainState puts forwards about upgrading from a dirt lot. Fluff wise it also makes sense. bankrupt league teams sell up and go roaming. eventually they will settle down and build from scratch again. Also I'm guessing without stadium owners taking a cut of th winnings you could get + gold for a home game on your own pitch? also could make some proper funny expensive mistakes rolls. (builder runs off with your cash) (stadium made of substandard material and collapses etc.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I hope that one of the new refs has a chainsaw and when ever he ejects a player they take a chainsaw attack.

Stadium upgrades? Well, you could go hog wild with this and have a small civ like meta to build your stadium from the ground up. You start with just a dirt lot. Then have to build up every aspect of the stadium. Is it cheesy? sure, but then again some coaches would love to build up their own stadium and stuff.

The options for this is almost endless. Upgrade your Hot Dog vendor to Lv 2 or buy the Bloodweiser beer stand? Add a second deck of seats or upgrade the dugout out to make them less pitch invasion prone?

For some this would be fun, for others, meh, who cares.

I want a full fledged stadium simulator.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

$60? Surprised Is that the special collectors edition or does it come with minis or what?
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's 60 pounds = 20€ it's 80 pages long compare it to Death Zone Season 1 which is only 48 pages long.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

60 pounds = 20€

reminds me of the new pound coin we got after brexit vote happened: Image
Garion

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

well we know what the new secret weapons are now.

They are

Doom Diver, player with a skill called Swoop. We don't know what this is yet, but if I were to guess I would say d3 scatter instead of d8 for TTM, you pick the direction it faces. Or RR landing.

The other is 'Ooligan a goblin with fan favourite.
Neither have Secret Weapon skill

sadly trolls have loner still....

Last edited by Garion on May 16, 2017 - 15:20; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

They are a Doom Diver, player with a skill called Swoop. We don't know what this is yet, but if I were to guess I would say d3 scatter instead of d8 for TTM, you pick the direction it faces. Or RR landing.

Or maybe longer TTM range.
Garion wrote:

sadly trolls have loner still....

Noooo, that sucks. Sad
 Jump to: