32 coaches online • Server time: 12:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Doom Diver, player with a skill called Swoop. We don't know what this is yet, but if I were to guess I would say d3 scatter instead of d8 for TTM, you pick the direction it faces. Or RR landing.

Hmm a doom diver is supposed to get launched at enemies and not the ground.
So it would make more sense if the skill represented dealing more damage to an opposing player if he gets hit. Or is more likely to hit opposing players by hitting all players that are in the 8 squares surrounding the landing square.

btw where did you get that info from?
Garion

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sure in a warhammer world, but in blood bowl world he would be developed to play the game. also keep in mind he has no secret weapon skill. you maybe be right though. WE just dont know yet.

there is thread on tff. someone leaked a picture from the book

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

man, the hype before knowing what it would be was more exciting than the real deal Smile
flashman1234

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

here's a leaked image of the goblin roster:

http://i.imgur.com/mAPTpYm.jpg?1
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope PO comes back as a big guy only skill
BrOgres been nerfed with no PO
Garion

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Hope PO comes back as a big guy only skill
BrOgres been nerfed with no PO

BrOgres just need a complete rewrite, in their current form they are pointless with or without PO

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Why the heck would you give trolls on a gobbo team loner? Arg, that is so dumb! Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Because it is a goblin team. Trolls aren't very keen to have good teamwork going with their food.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Why the heck would you give trolls on a gobbo team loner? Arg, that is so dumb! Razz

It's thematic but is one thing that makes them so much harder than their stunty peers.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

It's thematic but is one thing that makes them so much harder than their stunty peers.

Yeah, seriously. Treemen and Ogres without Loner can be quite dangerous!

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Bakunin

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
Doom diver?

- anyone else?

called it.
Motskari

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m little bit disappointed in these goblin changes. Dirty player would suit no race better than goblins and it is so hard to get. Now we get some silly fan favourite and some silly doom diver...
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I like that a player has access to Fan Favourite besides League house rules, I am waiting to see what Swoop entails...

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Personally I like that a player has access to Fan Favourite besides League house rules, I am waiting to see what Swoop entails...

Sure its good to have the skill in the game, but no one with any desire to win will pay 30k for a goblin with fan favourite. Its a pointless addition in its current form.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think? I've not given it any significant thought yet, but 30 k for +1 FAME doesn't immediately strike me as something to instantly dismiss. Perhaps you're right and it will be proven to be inefficient, but I'm not sure yet. It feels like it sits well with the team to me; the Goblin weaponry is very swingy in nature. It can go well and wipe you out, and it can instantly fail and give the game away. A new positional that has an impact on the really swingy FAME based kickoff events feels like it fits. Going from +1 to +2 (or defending against +2) is a happy thing when rolling 12 on the kickoff table (or even the RR events)! We're all going to have an opinion on what the 'right' changes would be, but the Ooligan certainly isn't an offensive move in my book.

Anyway, best to hold judgement until it drops. From the leaked description / Goblin page, we're getting a continuation of the negligible roster changes (perhaps entirely inconsequential if you're right), at least one new star and lots of fun, optional stuff for league commissioners to play with as they choose. That's a good direction to go in, in my opinion. CRP rosters were great, the Stars were a bit of a hotchpotch (so more valueable ones would be a nice addition) and leagues can enjoy BB in whatever fun way they so choose. All power to mad, optional refs in mad, optional stadia. Wink
 Jump to: